Playoff Machine is up. Have fun

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UGH!!!!! There goes a chance at the #5 seed unless KC lays an egg and loses 3 of 5. Best scenario now seems to be the #6 seed.

Without making any changes to the machine -

Based on Win % the Bills 7-8-1 Staying home again - (a)

Based on Home Team the Bills finish 8-8 and get the 6th seed.

Based on Power Rankings ( :bag: ) the Bills finish 10-6 ( :w00t: ) and get the 6th seed.

Based on Offense Ranking the Bills 7-9 Staying home again - (b)

Based on Defense Ranking the Bills 7-9 Staying home again - ©

(a) - need to beat the odds against teams with better records HOU, WAS and NYJ. The machine indicates the # 6 week 17 with a win over the NYETS.

(b) - need to beat the odds against teams with better records HOU, PHI and NYJ. The machine indicates the # 6 week 17 with a win over the NYETS.

© - need to beat the odds against teams with better records HOU, DAL and NYJ. The machine indicates the # 6 week 17 with a win over the NYETS.

Yes if all of the key teams lose more than 2 and the Bills win ALL games then they can get the #5 seed. And I'll win a $350 Mil lottery.

Houston has 6 losses already with the Patriots* coming up on SNF in two weeks. We can beat them and drop them to 7.

Jets play the Giants this week. Giants need the win just as bad as the Jets. That's one to watch.

Raiders get two shots at KC. I can easily see a split.

You never know what Chargers team will show up. They got embarrassed by KC last time and Rivers could throw for 500 yards any given week. I wouldn't assume a W for KC there.

Houston has 6 losses already with the Patriots* coming up on SNF in two weeks. We can beat them and drop them to 7.

Jets play the Giants this week. Giants need the win just as bad as the Jets. That's one to watch.

You never know what Chargers team will show up. They got embarrassed by KC last time and Rivers could throw for 500 yards any given week. I wouldn't assume a W for KC there.

If we win out we are in all likelyhood in. We could even probably afford to lose one more game as long as it is to an NFC team. One thing is for sure playoffs start this week for the Bills. Lose to Houston & this season is over. I like our chances this week.

The Cheatriots are losing offensive weapons left and right.

W/O Gronk these Putz games may not be as tough.

If we win out we are in all likelyhood in. We could even probably afford to lose one more game as long as it is to an NFC team. One thing is for sure playoffs start this week for the Bills. Lose to Houston & this season is over. I like our chances this week.

The mindset was the playoffs for Buffalo should have started this past Sunday.

didn't find the who to root for thread easily

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/01/afc-postseason-outlook-following-week-12-plus-what-bills-fans-should-root-for/

A message from Homer BillsFan-4-Ever - For the Gloom and Doomers

Select Home Team as your starting point. 8 and freaking 8 will get it done. Of course this means teams like the Ravens and Browns have to defeat much better teams.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

This week is critical. Bills must win along with Chiefs (yes, Chiefs) Giants and Colts. That puts in the #6 seed.

agreed. The chiefs-raiders game in kinda a toss up because either we are tied record wise for both wildcard spots if chiefs lose (assuming steelers lose in this scenario) or we move into sixth spot with chiefs wining over raiders and them moving into the 5th spot. In my opinion, Colts beating the Steelers would be HUGE for us, assuming that we beat the Texans.

This week is critical. Bills must win along with Chiefs (yes, Chiefs) Giants and Colts. That puts in the #6 seed.

Unless the season ended this weekend I would argue that it is not entirely true. It looks as if you didn't select a starting criteria.

In the long run I believe we actually want the Chefs to lose to the Raiders.

I was playing with the machine doing some off the cuff upsets and found a way for the Bills to get the #5 seed.

Yeah, I know I'm delusional.

The easiest route into playoffs (and it isn't easy) with the best odds of happening is for the Bills to win Texans, Jets (those are must wins) and 2 of the 3 NFC games. They don't need to win out. The Steelers, facing all AFC teams from here on, can't lose more than one of their remaining games and they face Colts in Indy this weekend, Bengals in Cinci, Broncos at home and then Baltimore and Cleveland both away. That is not easy for Pitt either. I believe big Ben may be out this weekend which could be a big break.

I know there is a lot of doom and gloom here and I'm not saying it will happen, I'm just presenting the facts.

agreed. The chiefs-raiders game in kinda a toss up because either we are tied record wise for both wildcard spots if chiefs lose (assuming steelers lose in this scenario) or we move into sixth spot with chiefs wining over raiders and them moving into the 5th spot. In my opinion, Colts beating the Steelers would be HUGE for us, assuming that we beat the Texans.

Unless the season ended this weekend I would argue that it is not entirely true. It looks as if you didn't select a starting criteria.

In the long run I believe we actually want the Chefs to lose to the Raiders.

I was playing with the machine doing some off the cuff upsets and found a way for the Bills to get the #5 seed.

Yeah, I know I'm delusional.

I don't know about the long term but if the Bills, Chiefs, Giants and Colts win this Sunday, we are back in the #6 seed. From there we control our destiny.

As for criteria, you do realize the Playoff Machine lets you pick individual winners each week, right? You don't just have to choose between home, power ranking, etc.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Too bad the Bills aren't in the NFC East. After they beat the Redskins they probably win the division with a sub-500 record.

after the Texans this weekend, the Redskins are the one team I am most wary of. If the Bills face a win and in scenario at home last game against the Jets, there is no way Rex allows a loss.

Messing around with the playoff machine tells me we have a decent shot at the 6th seed even if we finish 9-7. Chiefs are probably a lock for #5, if we beat the NYETS we will win the tie breaker, and the Steelers have a lot of tough games ahead of them. Not worried about the AFC South, they won't send two teams to the playoffs

I don't know about the long term but if the Bills, Chiefs, Giants and Colts win this Sunday, we are back in the #6 seed. From there we control our destiny.

As for criteria, you do realize the Playoff Machine lets you pick individual winners each week, right? You don't just have to choose between home, power ranking, etc.

Yup. I know it well.

It's just easier to select HOME and work from there. 8-8 and the 6th seed.

Messing around with the playoff machine tells me we have a decent shot at the 6th seed even if we finish 9-7. Chiefs are probably a lock for #5, if we beat the NYETS we will win the tie breaker, and the Steelers have a lot of tough games ahead of them. Not worried about the AFC South, they won't send two teams to the playoffs

Pretty much a lock, but on any given Sunday. The 5th seed can be had if the Bills can get their chit together and pull off a sweep of the remaining games.

The B word is the pretty much guaranteed win for the Cheaters remaining opponents is now a healthy 70% chance. Meaning teams like Houston just might get the upset in 2 weeks.

Pretty much a lock, but on any given Sunday. The 5th seed can be had.

True.

Lots of people have been calling the Steelers for 6th spot. Am I wrong or do we win a tie breaker over a 9-7 Steelers if we beat NYJ and HOU? We will have better conference record at 9-7, and the Steelers can easily lose two more games