Seven things I learned from last night...

Rubes

1. I learned that Edelman and Lewis really are that important to the Pats***. I had my doubts. I thought they would be fine with Gronk and Amendola and the others, but it was clear even before Amendola went out that they were struggling. If Amendola is out for any significant period of time, they are in some trouble.

2. I learned that the Pats*** offensive line is a bigger problem than I realized. Again, I had my doubts. I didn't think the Bills DL would dominate they way they did, which is kinda sad to say, actually. The Broncos defense must be licking their chops.

3. I love McKelvin's heart, but I learned he should never return another punt again. It's been said enough times already. Problem is, I don't know who should. Definitely not Moore. Maybe Woods?

4. I learned that Hogan is actually pretty good as a third receiver. I just wish he would fall forward instead of sideways when he has the ball.

5. Speaking of sideways, the power sweep for the TD was a thing of beauty. However, I learned that someone actually has to tell our offensive coordinator that it's a bad idea to run sideways on a power sweep when all you need is six inches straight ahead.

6. I learned once and for all that we absolutely have to re-sign Glenn, after learning once and for all that Seantrel Henderson is a huge liability. I had my suspicions that we might let Glenn walk and move Seantrel over to the left side and let Kujo take over on the right. Please, don't do it.

7. I learned that I no longer understand anything about NFL rules.

1. I learned that Edelman and Lewis really are that important to the Pats***. I had my doubts. I thought they would be fine with Gronk and Amendola and the others, but it was clear even before Amendola went out that they were struggling. If Amendola is out for any significant period of time, they are in some trouble.

Didn't Amandola essentially replace Edelman's best games this season last night? He had 9 catches for 117 yards. He has 19 for nearly 200 yards the past 2 games.

They just plug in these tiny slot receivers (Amandola, Edelman, Welker) and get the same result.

3. I love McKelvin's heart, but I learned he should never return another punt again. It's been said enough times already. Problem is, I don't know who should. Definitely not Moore. Maybe Woods?

Never again. He almost fumbled a second time when he attempted a swim move with the ball. He is a great CB, however. The play where he stuck with Amendola was impressive.

Have Sammy return punts...there, I said it.

This team does not have a player capable of being an effective punt returner. FINE. Do not try to return them then. Add a man on the line and go balls out for the block. I love it. The risk and reward to fielding/returning punts is horrendous unless you have a guy like sproles, or hester back there. I would even give spiller a chance back there if we still had him. Leodis doesnt have the hands or the moves... if he did, he'd be a receiver.

Edited by PortlandiaEast

1. it ws the first game without Edelman, who is Brady security blanket (no it isnt gronk its E) and Amandola was doing well but losing him AND Dobson made the Pats O that much simpler defend/

2. this was the first game where these 5 Olineman played together at all this year, To say it was a hot mess would be an improvement.

3. If Amandola out for a long stretch, then yes Pats O is in trouble, but I think the Pats D can keep them in any game left fo this year. 9E do back for the playoffs.)

I dont underdstand why Woods isnt given a chance to return punts especially since all he is asked to do on offense is block...he will be gone once he hits free agency and will most likely be a good WR for another team

I learned that the Bills passing game is comical at best and that Tyrod most likely cant see over the lineman which is only explanation for why he rarely passes to middle of field

Didn't Amandola essentially replace Edelman's best games this season last night? He had 9 catches for 117 yards. He has 19 for nearly 200 yards the past 2 games.

They just plug in these tiny slot receivers (Amandola, Edelman, Welker) and get the same result.

Because of Brady. Did you notice how his passes were exactly where they needed to be even when the coverage was good? Any decent receiver can catch the ball when it is perfectly placed, and with Brady they don't even need to get very open.

2. I learned that the Pats*** offensive line is a bigger problem than I realized. Again, I had my doubts. I didn't think the Bills DL would dominate they way they did, which is kinda sad to say, actually. The Broncos defense must be licking their chops.

4. I learned that Hogan is actually pretty good as a third receiver. I just wish he would fall forward instead of sideways when he has the ball.

5. Speaking of sideways, the power sweep for the TD was a thing of beauty. However, I learned that someone actually has to tell our offensive coordinator that it's a bad idea to run sideways on a power sweep when all you need is six inches straight ahead.

6. I learned once and for all that we absolutely have to re-sign Glenn, after learning once and for all that Seantrel Henderson is a huge liability. I had my suspicions that we might let Glenn walk and move Seantrel over to the left side and let Kujo take over on the right. Please, don't do it.

7. I learned that I no longer understand anything about NFL rules.

How about Sammy?

At least that way he will be involved in the game somehow

/s

CBF

This team does not have a player capable of being an effective punt returner. FINE. Do not try to return them then. Add a man on the line and go balls out for the block. I love it. The risk and reward to fielding/returning punts is horrendous unless you have a guy like sproles, or hester back there. I would even give spiller a chance back there if we still had him. Leodis doesnt have the hands or the moves... if he did, he'd be a receiver.

How about a punt catcher?

Rex Ryan is not a good head coach.

His record proves it after many years. He is still a sub .500 coach. His teams are not well organized and they lack discipline. The game management is in disarray at times and the clock management is brutal. Time outs are wasted routinely. He seems to lack the necessary intelligence and tactics to remedy these errors after many years. Pegula has wasted a lot of money on this blowhard buffoon of a coach!

Ryan has been a clown for years (and he is proud of it) and there is no reason to believe he will change his unsuccessful ways now. He gets all the publicity, but he rarely backs it up on the field.

p.s. The offensive coordinator is vastly overrated too.

At least Marcus Thigpen looked very confident fielding punts. Even when Leodis didn't fumble it looked like an adventure out there, having to dive for two of them.

Rex Ryan is not a good head coach.

His record proves it after many years. He is still a sub .500 coach. His teams are not well organized and they lack discipline. The game management is in disarray at times and the clock management is brutal. Time outs are wasted routinely. He seems to lack the necessary intelligence and tactics to remedy these errors after many years. Pegula has wasted a lot of money on this blowhard buffoon of a coach!

Ryan has been a clown for years (and he is proud of it) and there is no reason to believe he will change his unsuccessful ways now. He gets all the publicity, but he rarely backs it up on the field.

p.s. The offensive coordinator is vastly overrated too.

If you give Rex Ryan Tom Brady he is as successful if not more than Belichick. This is a QB league and Rex has never had one.. Some of that his on him but it's mostly on the GMs he has had.

I do agree about Roman, I think he has some nice design to the run game but that is where his expertise stops. He is a terrible play caller and doesn't utilize his weapons on offense. I don't remember seeing much play action last night.

How about a punt catcher?

Unneccesary. Why bother to save 5-15 yards? It could bounce in our favor!

Unneccesary. Why bother to save 5-15 yards? It could bounce in our favor!

How about this...

Keep a PR man back there as a decoy so they dont think its an all out block attempt. The guys on the wings covering the gunners are no longer needed and can also be used as punt blockers - i could see Woods filling this role nicely.

If you give Rex Ryan Tom Brady he is as successful if not more than Belichick. This is a QB league and Rex has never had one.. Some of that his on him but it's mostly on the GMs he has had.

I do agree about Roman, I think he has some nice design to the run game but that is where his expertise stops. He is a terrible play caller and doesn't utilize his weapons on offense. I don't remember seeing much play action last night.

OK I know we all hate the Patriots***, but lets not get out of hand here.