Play Calling

r henderson

seems like roman has 2 drive stoppers every game. what I mean by that, is if they are in 2nd and short or 3rd and short and he will call ridiculous plays which results in the bills punting and wasting good opportunities. Like taylor's keeper to the left on 3rd and 3 and the 3rd and inches call to K Williams. There were more as well

Edited by billsfan11

I lost it on the 3rd and short. The Patriots D is one you run right at. If you try to do slow developing plays they will stop it easily. I don't get what Roman was thinking. Our situational football is poor.

I called it too. Said they would run to the outside, lose 2 yards then punt. Absolutely inexcusable for that call, then to punt after as well

What are our thoughts?

I understand our commitment to the run but I wish we incorporated the passing game early on.

Felt like we didnt attempt any passes longer than 15 yards until near halftime.

Is it just me or do the called QB runs never work out?

I feel TT does best when he takes off on his own and not when its called as part of the play

CBF

I thought the game plan was OK. Tyrod was either inaccurate or late with his throws. He played like EJ Manuel this game

What are our thoughts?

I understand our commitment to the run but I wish we incorporated the passing game early on.

Felt like we didnt attempt any passes longer than 15 yards until near halftime.

Is it just me or do the called QB runs never work out?

I feel TT does best when he takes off on his own and not when its called as part of the play

CBF

As far as the runs, that's on Tyrod as well. He needs to know when to take off. Again, he played like EJ. Very indecisive

I want to see more 1st down passing attempts. It's the easiest down to throw on and a young QB needs things to be easy for him. It doesn't mean you become a pass first team, but they need to even it out. It will help both TT and the run game. As it is the entire D knows McCoy is getting the ball on 1st down and it makes it so much easier to stop the Bills O because of it.