I hate to admit it, but Taylor sucks

Tuel was a better passer than Tyrod too! However, he struggled under a crap OC... Tuel was also suppressed by expectations of our 1st round pick... Tuel was a guy who never really got a significant opportunity.

Greg Roman sucks, but Tyrod doesn't help his case with with his poor field vision, and underthrows. I'd expect more from a guy who sat behind Joe Flacco for four years.

Oh, Before I forget, You know who else was better than Tyrod? -Thad Lewis!

The two QBs you talk about here are turnover machines

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree completely.

Tyrod is asked to take what the D gives him and not turn the ball over.

This offense is thoroughly micro-managed by Roman.......he gets the play call in so late it's really hard for TT to do much more than what he is told to.

I think he is capable of much more....maybe even becoming a franchise QB.....but I think the bigger concern with him is whether he can stay healthy.

My guess is that his knee will require surgery after the season. I doubt it is still the sprain.

I agree with all of this, especially the bolded.

I believe they will improve (like... next season), but in the meantime, Roman should have a simplified hurry-up offense in place. It's cost them games, and will cost them more. They should be working on it NOW. It's more important than a specific gameplan at this point. The only way to get to the playoffs is to be able to close out games with a score.

I think Tyrod can win lots of games, but I'm not sold on him staying healthy.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I agree with all of this, especially the bolded.

I believe they will improve (like... next season), but in the meantime, Roman should have a simplified hurry-up offense in place. It's cost them games, and will cost them more. They should be working on it NOW. It's more important than a specific gameplan at this point. The only way to get to the playoffs is to be able to close out games with a score.

I think Tyrod can win lots of games, but I'm not sold on him staying healthy.

I dont think anyone is sold on him staying healthy at this point

Kids a gamer though.....

I think the main objective of TT in Roman's O is to not turn the ball over.

It's natural to wonder if TT can work the middle of the field because he is not a tall QB.

But I think it's more about Roman being confident that he can move the ball without risking a lot of throws in the middle of the field.

Taylor may be able to handle a lot more responsibility.......but the reality is that he is 5-3 and two of those losses are to the best team in the NFL.

I hated the gameplan against the Patriots.....but it was consistent with what Roman has been doing each week........and overall it is hard to argue with the results.

Especially when the D had been very disappointing until the past two weeks.

I expect them to take a similar gameplan into the Chiefs game.

my reference to taking the deep middle throws out, was for the Pats game plan, and would have been done to keep Taylor from hanging up a floater between the hashes.. they were in cover-1 alot, and that part of the field would have been treacherous. there was at least one play where Roman ran Clay up the seam, past the LB, while running Woods in front of him - giving Tyrod the chance to option off the backer. when the LB bit on the short cross, Taylor could have hit Clay. but he threw incomplete to Woods rather than risk the throw.. and that's ok. the thing is, if Taylor isn't comfortable making certain throws right now, Roman has less field to threaten.

Reid's staff will take notice how the Pats wide-9 - with little to no blitzing - and Tyrod's left knee, helped keep him under control. .. and Roman and Taylor know this.. it's a long season.. you work with what you have, and always try to give yourself a favorable match-up somewhere. i know it's cliche', but it's how it's done. Taylor is fine.. better than fine.. and he will improve with this staff, because Roman will give him the opportunities - like the hi/lo mentioned above - to improve.

The two QBs you talk about here are turnover machines

And herein lies Tyrod's greatest misconception... He's patially right... If you don't throw at all, It's impossible to throw a pick... However, Tyrod seems to think, that simply not throwing picks makes you a good QB... on that point he is wrong.

Young QB's are going to throw picks. Period. I expect, and fully understand that it's a learning process... However, I'm getting more and more put off by Tyrod's reluctance to even let this process BEGIN. -It's cowardice. Plain and simple.. Watkins potential won't be realized while we employ bad coordinators, and QB's afraid to throw him the ball.

my reference to taking the deep middle throws out, was for the Pats game plan, and would have been done to keep Taylor from hanging up a floater between the hashes.. they were in cover-1 alot, and that part of the field would have been treacherous. there was at least one play where Roman ran Clay up the seam, past the LB, while running Woods in front of him - giving Tyrod the chance to option off the backer. when the LB bit on the short cross, Taylor could have hit Clay. but he threw incomplete to Woods rather than risk the throw.. and that's ok. the thing is, if Taylor isn't comfortable making certain throws right now, Roman has less field to threaten.

Reid's staff will take notice how the Pats wide-9 - with little to no blitzing - and Tyrod's left knee, helped keep him under control. .. and Roman and Taylor know this.. it's a long season.. you work with what you have, and always try to give yourself a favorable match-up somewhere. i know it's cliche', but it's how it's done. Taylor is fine.. better than fine.. and he will improve with this staff, because Roman will give him the opportunities - like the hi/lo mentioned above - to improve.

Good post....I agree with all of this

And herein lies Tyrod's greatest misconception... He's patially right... If you don't throw at all, It's impossible to throw a pick... However, Tyrod seems to think, that simply not throwing picks makes you a good QB... on that point he is wrong.

Young QB's are going to throw picks. Period. I expect, and fully understand that it's a learning process... However, I'm getting more and more put off by Tyrod's reluctance to even let this process BEGIN. -It's cowardice. Plain and simple.. Watkins potential won't be realized while we employ bad coordinators, and QB's afraid to throw him the ball.

But that is the thing....when your calling card is your defense you dont WANT your young QBs throwing picks because that kills games.....you want them taking care of the ball. If you want to blame conservative play on someone maybe you shouldnt be blaming it on Taylor?

instead of calling your qb a coward (which frankly makes you look like an idiot) maybe you should be asking whether or not he is doing what he is being ASKED to do by his coaches.

But that is the thing....when your calling card is your defense you dont WANT your young QBs throwing picks because that kills games.....you want them taking care of the ball. If you want to blame conservative play on someone maybe you shouldnt be blaming it on Taylor?

instead of calling your qb a coward (which frankly makes you look like an idiot) maybe you should be asking whether or not he is doing what he is being ASKED to do by his coaches.

:rolleyes:

John, our calling card is fifteen years with no playoffs.

This is due largely to an inability to draft, sign, or even LOCATE an adequate presence at QB... As a result, some of us have actually forgotten what one looks like. Your willingness to settle for INT-free losses is as stomach-turning as Tyrod's fearful approach to the QB position.

Your position on Tyrod is a surprise no one.

This is due largely to an inability to draft, sign, or even LOCATE an adequate presence at QB... As a result, some of us have actually forgotten what one looks like. Your willingness to settle for INT-free losses is as stomach-turning as Tyrod's fearful approach to the QB position.

So much wrong with what you just posted I dont know where to begin

So I wont start

Basically its this guy's rookie year.He has a knee injury and hasn't learned to throw with anticipation yet.He waits for his receiver to be open but has a big heart,stays calm,has touch and accuracy and when health can really run.He hasnt been the same since the Titans game and I think he will have a surgery in the off season.Tyrod is going to be fine some of the posters on this site I'm not so sure about....OP's a doucher

Taylor is the new Fitz around here... no matter how clear it is he just doesn't have it, many are expressing unconditional support

Fans are so reactionary. This time last week everyone wanted to tie him up long term. This week he's hot garbage. Is it possible that he brings a lot to the table but also has some liabilities that may or may not prove to be a fatal flaw?

If the defense and running game continue to perform like they did in Monday we'll win a lot of games with a QB who can burn you deep, take off and run, and doesn't turn the ball over.

I see no reason not to bring in legit competition and continue to try to upgrade the position until he proves himself to be the long-term answer, but I don't want to bench him for the next Rob Johnson either. I say it's his job until someone takes it from him.

I agree. If he was turning the ball over left and right it would be one thing, but he's not. His big play capability keeps the other D honest, and helps our run game. He's not perfect but I think he's the best fit our team has had in quite some time.

No I am saying that Roman should not be scheming things that Tyrod does not do well in games.

Also......your ignoring the point I have made about D coordinator's adjusting their defenses to him.

This is a worthless conversation anyway.....outside of like 3 NFL QB's all the QBs that play in the NFL have a weakness of one form or another.

Tyrod will either learn to throw from the pocket or he will be replaced

It really is as simple as that for every QB that ever attempted to play in this league. The pocket is the only place that offers the entire field and that forces defenses to have to defend a larger area.

On a side note, based on what I saw of his work in SF and now in Buffalo, I don't think Roman knows how to scheme the middle of the field in his passing game. I have been less than impressed with him since the first game of the year. That is not on Taylor.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree. If he was turning the ball over left and right it would be one thing, but he's not. His big play capability keeps the other D honest, and helps our run game. He's not perfect but I think he's the best fit our team has had in quite some time.

Anyone with any common sense is not against bringing in another QB.....there are several reasons for doing this that have NOTHING to do with how you feel the talent level is of Tyrod Taylor.

TT has it......but hasnt proven that he can stay healthy so another QB is needed

What I find amusing all this pissing and moaning about Tyrod Taylor.....and im not talking about discussing a young qb who has weaknesses in his game but difinative statements on whether or not Tyrod Taylor is a good or bad qb....but offer NOTHING in the terms of how to improve the situation.

When we started this season we thought we had NO QB.....EJ Manuel.....flop.....Matt Cassel......bad......then Tyrod emerges and actually shows positive QB play (top 5 in several NFL stats.....doesnt turn the ball over......good arm......can throw deep......but yes has his own FLAWS. He is not Brady....not Brees.....but still a starting QB

To the mouthbreating masses out there that want to discard this QB....WHAT IS YOUR ALTERNATIVE......the fact is you dont have one because starting QBs are so hard to find. Most of you your answer is drafting the next bright shiny toy QB and hope for the best.....even though history shows us that the draft is a crapshoot to find qbs even in the 1st round just like every where else.

We need another QB.....and I agree with drafting one in the first....its needed....because we also need another quality QB on this team (and im not saying they are going to end up being a quality qB.....only that its the right thing to do) simply because TT has not shown he can stay healthy.

This doenst mean that we need to disect the hell out of Tyrod Taylor who has shown a lot of GOOD things at QB to prove your point.....get a grip.

Edited by John from Hemet

Right, my bad. Shady did. Watkins played a half for the Cincy game.

Clay has more targets than anyone on the team, right? I agree we need to have plays designed to get Watkins the ball specifically, whether it's a screen or an end around or whatever, it can't just be go routes.

He may be the teams leading receiver. But its not consistent. In other words he gets a work load in a game or 2 and almost forgotten in others. And i agree with you 100% im not dumping on tyrod. I just want to see him make better use of the talent surrounding him

What do you think he knows about wind today that he didn't last week?

He's been through practices, warm ups, games (college, and pro) in dozens of stadiums and trained on his own and you think he's just discovering wind as an issue with throwing a ball?

Any excuse you can find

Wasn't that the game that we almost lost because Tyrod Taylor was so bad for 57 minutes of the game?

The very one

Claiming EJ would score more points in games he didn't play in is like claiming Tyrod would have won the games he didn't play in. It's pointless conjecture.

Absolutely correct

It doesn't matter how bad Tyrod played, or the fact he can't read defenses or throw to the middle of the field, the refs lost us the Patriots game. Period.

See how stupid, irrational, and annoying that is?

The originator of this particular comment thread was that someone said that Tyrod single handedly won the Tennessee game. Put the team on his back. Do you agree with that?

The originator of this particular comment thread was that someone said that Tyrod single handedly won the Tennessee game. Put the team on his back. Do you agree with that?

Nope. But the name of the game is winning not style points. And he made plays to win the game. Terrific plays. Last Monday he didn't make enough plays.

Nope. But the name of the game is winning not style points. And he made plays to win the game. Terrific plays. Last Monday he didn't make enough plays.

I do wonder just how much of this is because Tyrod is not winning games (and having stat lines) that are not Brady like.

Please.....do go down to your local department store and get us a Brady.....the entire fan base will be delighted