Kaepernik placed on IR by 49ers

YoloinOhio

I think Niners will take a QB high in the draft and Kaep will be cut or traded before April 1 when he is due 11 mill

@mattbarrows: Colin Kaepernick had second opinion on left shoulder, which found "significant tear" in his labrum, per source. Could have surgery Tuesday.

@SethWickersham: Kap has a temp disability clause in his contract: If he misses games due to injury, he pays premium, and the team is the beneficiary.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I think Niners will take a QB high in the draft and Kaep will be cut or traded before April 1 when he is due 11 mill

@mattbarrows: Colin Kaepernick had second opinion on left shoulder, which found "significant tear" in his labrum, per source. Could have surgery Tuesday.

@SethWickersham: Kap has a temp disability clause in his contract: If he misses games due to injury, he pays premium, and the team is the beneficiary.

His agent really let the niners beat him up to get that average salary up there

SF asked to trade for him and Bills said "NO!" - what more do you need to know in this thread?

Yeah this is the first I've heard about that. From what I understand, Kaepernick's contract has a very high cap hit, which makes it very hard to deal midseason for a guy who would have to ride the bench for a few weeks to get used to the system.

In the offseason teams can better manage the cap to fit a contract like that, and the Niners can cut him for little dead money if they don't get any nibbles.