MMQB - Peter King just gushing

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Who will be Gruden's Grinder on MNF? He will pick at least one guy to gush about.

You mean something like, in his best John Wayne voice, "that guy right here, is the toughest this and that that I have

ever seen", then five minutes later he repeats it about another guy, or something like that!

Cannot stomach!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

were you literally or figuratively drunk?

Curious - How many times did you tell Peter that EJ sucks?

So your inside source was an inebriated Peter King who confirmed that Manuel was not part of the equation.

Welp. How incorrect was he now that we are in week 11 Meh is gone, sucking it up big time in Big D and EJ is still the designated backup?

It says the two guys who have their names above him on the website pulled rank. One picked TT as the starter, while the other traded MC. Doesn't make what he said incorrect.

were you literally or figuratively drunk?

Curious - How many times did you tell Peter that EJ sucks?

So your inside source was an inebriated Peter King who confirmed that Manuel was not part of the equation.

Welp. How incorrect was he now that we are in week 11 Meh is gone, sucking it up big time in Big D and EJ is still the designated backup?

No he told me this much earlier in the evening. I merely inquired about the Bills QB situation and that is what he told me. He told me very bluntly that he thought Cassel sucked and that he would soon be replaced by Taylor. Clearly, it happened sooner than he predicted. Now Cassel and Manuel are both backups. There is no vindication for EJ here. This isn't about EJ. Sorry man.

Metz and BF4E turning a thread into a debate on EJ. How predictable.

Ha I didn't say anything about EJ! There is nothing to debate on the guy. I entered this thread to defend Peter King, who I happen to think is a good writer. Me being typecast as someone who is "hating" on EJ. How predictable.

You mean something like, in his best John Wayne voice, "that guy right here, is the toughest this and that that I have

ever seen", then five minutes later he repeats it about another guy, or something like that!

Cannot stomach!

Well done. I can't either.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

what did he say about Rex wanting to sign TT back in NJ?

What in tarnation are you talking about? There is nothing here to debate. How do you feel about his take on Ron Darby? Do you like Peter King as a writer? That is the conversation here. No one was wrong about anything. Just because someone has a scoop doesn't mean things can't play out a different way a month later. I had heard that Cassel was the presumed starter and that Taylor was all the hype and would most likely seize the job at some point. It's exactly what I wrote on here the next day. That's exactly what happened, except it happened before the season started rather than a few weeks in, as he predicted. EJ Manuel was never a part of the equation to start. You can blame Whaley, Ryan, Peter King, Roman, me, the guys on the WGR afternoon drive show, it doesn't matter. It is what it is.

Metz, seriously, you are neck deep in contrived theories WTR EJ. Love the perceived notion that I am looking for vindication that EJ should be the starter.

He's a backup. I accepted that 12 weeks ago when it was announced.

What I will say WTR to vindication is that beyond when he was very bad in the early stages of the JAX game, and other that that 5 minutes has played OK.

Contrived theories huh? Why don't you read my last post. Me: I never thought EJ was very good, I don't think he's going to win the job, I had heard he's not in the equation to start. Other people: There is a bias against EJ, people are just hating on EJ, he should've won the job, he got screwed, etc. Now who has the contrived theories? God why are we talking about freaking EJ?

Metz and BF4E turning a thread into a debate on EJ. How predictable.

Thank you for your valued input on my 1 post in this thread at the time that you made your post.

My apologies that the sarcasm didn't show through as obvious.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

My point - It has been stated during the NFL broadcasts that Rex while HC of the JETS wanted to get Tyrod. I would hope the HC has power over the OC as to the QB will be.

My point - EJ is still on the team as the backup

You sir are going on IGNORE

Thank you for your valued input on my 1 post in this thread at the time that you made your post.

My apologies that the sarcasm didn't show through as obvious.

Turned out he did. Although my suspicion is that Roman had come around to the idea of Taylor starting as well.

Yes, EJ Manuel is the Bills backup. That is correct.

Guys I think you are both valuable posters but you need to stop rehashing the EJ argument in every thread. The rest of us are bored with it.

So am I. In fact, it would seem to me that there is nothing left to argue. I even resisted a very tempting 'I told you so' campaign. I myself have moved on.