Likelihood of Keeping Gilmore/Darby Combo?

spoogy

Im hoping they can keep these two together. What a tandem we could have for 5-6 years. I would cut one or both both of Williams. We need to resign Gilmore, Bradem and Glenn. All 3 Williams on defense are cuttable to me.

But man, I cant believe Darby is the best player on defense. If I said that in June..... I would have been ran off this board. Kids a all pro.

I don't see why we can't keep them. Kyle and Mario are getting old, so one or both of those contracts will go away within the next couple of years, we already have Dareus and Jerry locked up... the LBs I doubt will demand big money with their inconsistent performances. The big money that might happen is with Tyrod, depending on how he performs.

Im hoping they can keep these two together. What a tandem we could have for 5-6 years. I would cut one or both both of Williams. We need to resign Gilmore, Bradem and Glenn. All 3 Williams on defense are cuttable to me.

But man, I cant believe Darby is the best player on defense. If I said that in June..... I would have been ran off this board. Kids a all pro.

I would certainly hope they intend to keep the 2 corners together! If that isn't a priority, what is?

I also agree with Yolo that Bradham's stock is dropping, and fast!

We can, should, and will re-sign Gilmore. No question. This isnt Ralphy's Bills anymore.

Not to get too far off topic, but I've now seen this idea of cutting Aaron Williams floating around in a few threads. Basing this on the fact that McKelvin is back, and has been filling in at Safety.

Let's just stop this right now.

McKelvin is on the wrong side of 30, and while a good asset, is not the "player-in-his-prime" that Williams is. Additionally, they both make about the same amount so it's not like cutting Williams is going to save you any more cash.

I think we forget how hard it is to find an adequate LT for one.

This team ... we will keep both. I expect Gilmore to be priority #1. He is getting better every week.

I'm not sure it's as difficult as the Bills have made it. The one time in the past 5-10 eyars we've actually drafted one early, he's worked out pretty well.

We just haven't bothered to focus on it much in the last 20 years. Mike Williams and Cordy Glenn. Sure, we're only 50/50, but we've only tried twice.

sadly nigel is miscast in this defense so i don't think he resigns and if he does i hope its not for much. they should be able to keep gilmore and darby for quite some time. if we could get another safety next to aaron williams thats a really good backfield

I don't think the Bills will keep Bradham. He's not the kind of linebacker they need if they are going to stay with the Rex plan. I see the Bills taking a linebacker high in the draft.

I think it's a reasonable hypothesis to see the Bills cut ties with Kyle Williams and Leodis to improve their chances of keeping Gilmore. I don't think Mario is going anywhere.