31 of McCoy's 119...

Thurmal34

I agree because Karlos would probably be on IR from concussions now.

It's hard to really view him as a long term contributor considering how bad his concussion problem is already.

But remind me again what the Eagles got in exchange for stars DeSean Jackson and Evan Mathis?

Point being that they could have gotten the rights to negotiate a contract with McCoy for a lot less than a talent like Alonso.

Your rationale is like the big dude on youtube though.......because they could have signed Ryan Matthews instead.

He's running for 6 ypc in an offense that McCoy ran for 4.2 ypc in.

RB's are up to a quarter a dozen now and I think a lot of RB's would be very good in Romans system.

We're 3-6 or 4-5 with Ryan Matthews, too.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Like because one game like that is indicative of exactly how he would play on the Bills.

Against the Jets? 24 for 108 and 2 TD's. :lol:

Did I mention Ryan Matthews,

Against the Jets? 24 for 108 and 2 TD's. :lol:

So that works out to 4.5 ypa against the jets . McCoy had 5.9?

But that's not what I was asking ... You cited a 6.1 ypa for Matthews who currently has an awesome workload of 67 carries over 8 games . The top ten rushers in NFL currently are averaging over 140 carries over the same period So Its an apples to oranges comparison . I can easily find a player few rushing attempts with an eye popping ypa.

Yeah. Like because one game like that is indicative of exactly how he would play on the Bills.

Admit it, it surprised you that he rolled the impenetrable Jets defense like that. :lol:

Truth is that they had two games that could have gone either way and both times the opposing coaching staffs had a multitude of chances to put the Bills away and allowed them to win so I'm not hanging the difference between 3-6 and 5-4 on a RB.

Bad defense has generally been the issue this season......though one healthy RB might have made a difference in the Giants game.

I agree because Karlos would probably be on IR from concussions now.

It's hard to really view him as a long term contributor considering how bad his concussion problem is already.

But remind me again what the Eagles got in exchange for stars DeSean Jackson and Evan Mathis?

Point being that they could have gotten the rights to negotiate a contract with McCoy for a lot less than a talent like Alonso.

Your rationale is like the big dude on youtube though.......because they could have signed Ryan Matthews instead.

He's running for 6 ypc in an offense that McCoy ran for 4.2 ypc in.

RB's are up to a quarter a dozen now and I think a lot of RB's would be very good in Romans system.

So much wrong in one post I can't even begin to break it apart.

So that works out to 4.5 ypa against the jets . McCoy had 5.9?

But that's not what I was asking ... You cited a 6.1 ypa for Matthews who currently has an awesome workload of 67 carries over 8 games . The top ten rushers in NFL currently are averaging over 140 carries over the same period So Its an apples to oranges comparison . I can easily find a player few rushing attempts with an eye popping ypa.

But how many TD's did McCoy run for against the Jets? Matthews 2 Shady 0. :lol:

I know what you are asking but implying that Ryan Matthews is just a change of pace back is funny stuff.

And fwiw, if Darren Sproles was the #3 in Buffalo like he is in Philly.....that's less snaps for Karlos and Shady.

Fine then just sign Frank Gore or Chris Johnson. :lol:

Have I mentioned that getting production from the RB position is not that hard?

Admit it, it surprised you that he rolled the impenetrable Jets defense like that. :lol:

Truth is that they had two games that could have gone either way and both times the opposing coaching staffs had a multitude of chances to put the Bills away and allowed them to win so I'm not hanging the difference between 3-6 and 5-4 on a RB.

Bad defense has generally been the issue this season......though one healthy RB might have made a difference in the Giants game.

No. I watched the game. Wasn't surprised at all.

I think any reasonable observer would say the Eagles have slightly underachieved so far this season. They could get better. They could get worse.

Bills as well.

Losing to the Jags and nearly losing to the Titans.....yikes.

Losing at home to a mediocre Giants team was bad too.

A wound salted the following week when the Eagles adjusted to a wide 9 gameplan specifically to destroy the Giants in a nationally televised game.

No way this talent should be 5-4.

Bills as well.

A wound salted the following week when the Eagles adjusted to a wide 9 gameplan specifically to destroy the Giants in a nationally televised game.

were the Eagles fielding their backup QB, RBs and WRs at the same time in any of those losses? Or was that their actual starting team losing? Edited by YoloinOhio

Bills as well.

We weren't talking about the Bills. We were discussing the genius of Chip Kelly.

Bills as well.

What is this nearly? We playing horse shoes?

If Kelly had ended up in Buffalo, he'd be holding ownership and the fanbase hostage right now, constantly leaking interest in other opportunities and leveraging every part of his success for his next adventure. Chip Kelly is a good coach but he's also an opportunist and a bit of a snake, and I'm glad he didn't come here - he'd be gone already just like Marrone is. And he would've left the roster such that it would be unsuitable for any other offensive scheme. No thanks.

As for the RB situation - really hard to support the argument that the Bills could've landed Shady for less than Alonso. I didn't love the trade, either, but I have a hard time believing that a top-3 RB could've been had for a 2nd or a 3rd. I just doubt it. That said, they should've kept Freddy, along with Karlos and Shady. Pretty clear.

were the Eagles fielding their backup QB, RBs and WRs at the same time in any of those losses? Or was that their actual starting team losing?

They had some tough losses and have played a solid schedule of average to very good teams.....but are 4-4 with 5 of their next 8 at home.

No terrible games like the Bills had in TN and Jax.....and they played a lot better versus NYJ and NYG than the Bills did.

Chip Kelly demise has been much exaggerated.

They had some tough losses and have played a solid schedule of average to very good teams.....but are 4-4 with 5 of their next 8 at home.

No terrible games like the Bills had in TN and Jax.....and they played a lot better versus NYJ and NYG than the Bills did.

Chip Kelly demise has been much exaggerated.

Why don't you just follow Kelly and the Eagles then if you like them so much? Do you want the Bills to do well or would it be more satisfying for them to fail so you can be right about how they acquired their players and what they are paying them? Not sure what the point of all your posts are on a Bills board. They look like they belong on a Chip Kelly board or whatever .

We weren't talking about the Bills. We were discussing the genius of Chip Kelly.

Exactly......like Chip actually adjusting his gameplan to his opponent vs the Giants and thrashing them.

Rex.....not so much.

You want to play the what if game?

If this D played at the 2014 level....and all else was the same at QB and RB, as it has been, even with Shady out when he was out........this would be a 9-0 or 8-1 team.

And if this D played like it has this season.....mediocre....... and McCoy played every game and Tyrod played none.....this would be a 1-8 to 0-9 team.

The same number as Mathews did. And Shady faced the Jets with Sheldon Richardson, who was serving his 4-game suspension when Mathews faced them.

:doh: