Week 11: MNF Patriots' Game Preparation - Inactives Posted

26CornerBlitz

Will the Bills Beat the Patriots on MNF?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bills Beat the Patriots on MNF?

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danny Amendola, Rob Ninkovich and Malcolm Butler share their thoughts on preparing to play the Buffalo Bills.

20151119-history-pats-bills-stadiums.jpg
By New England Patriots

The Patriots and the Bills have battled it out 111 times over over a 55-year span in eight different stadiums.

@buffalobills

On Pats injuries: "First of all let me cry about it. (laughs) Injuries are part of the game. They're a good team."

"We know how we can't play. We've gotta go out there and show we're a different team than Week 2." #BUFvsNE

"We realize we have to improve a zillion times over last game, but we're going into this game expecting to win."

@AdamBenigni

#Bills Rex Ryan: Thinks Patriots will overcome injuries... Brady helps @wgrz

@SalSports

"The plan is not to give them the same thing we did week two" -- Rex on game plan.

@ChrisBrownBills

Rex - we better play way better than Week 2. We're going to have to change a lot from that game. #Bills

@SalSports

Week 2: Good - way we competed bad - couldn't come back in time ugly - each side of ball; yards given up; YAC yards; sacked 8 x, 3 INT --Rex

@leoroth

I think Rex has slept with the box score from their 40-32 loss to NE, he knows every number from that game and just recited them all.

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: We were out-coached, we were out-everything'd that first Patriots game.

@ChrisBrownBills

Rex - on penalties being dealt with - we've addressed it. We're better now than we were. We know how we can't play. #Bills

@JonTWCNews

Rex says penalty issues have been dealt with internally. Has better understanding of players and expects that to help limit flags

@MatthewFairburn

Rex Ryan on Karlos Williams: "If we knew he was going to be this good, we would have taken him higher than the fifth round."

@SalSports

Rex on Karlos: "In training camp, I said, ''ooooh, this kid has special qualities."

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: We obviously have to play a zillion times better, we have to coach a zillion times better than we did the last time.

@SalSports

Rex: "We all now NE's offense is always one of the best, but their defense is paying tremendous."

@MatthewFairburn

Rex Ryan on Chandler Jones: "The kid from Syracuse is killing it."

@PrescottRossi

Rex Ryan on facing Belichick/Pats: "I have a history with him, of course they want to bury us."

@ChrisBrownBills

Rex - impressed w/Chandler Jones & Jamie Collins on Pats D. Both had big games vs. #Bills in 1st game. Jones had 3 sacks.

@SalSports

Rex: "I don't see them losing four games" (they'll win the division) "I hope I'm wrong"

@MatthewFairburn

Rex Ryan on the Patriots: "They're going to win the division."

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: It would surprise me if they ran 30-40 times in this game with LeGarrette Blount.

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: I'm not conceding the division, I'm just telling you the facts. We're focused on beating them.

@JonTWCNews

Rex says #Giants success vs Brady/Pats starts with pressure up front. #Bills

@ChrisBrownBills

Rex - we have to play complementary football to beat NE. Have to be great in all three phases to win. #Bills

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: Well, I'd much rather play somebody else. But, this is the team that's on our schedule, so here we come.

@MatthewFairburn

Rex Ryan says everybody knows Bill Belichick is one of the best coaches ever: "Anybody who says he's not is full of whatever."

@SalSports

Rex expects Marcell Dareus to practice today (didn't Tuesday for personal reasons)

ChrisBrownBills

Rex on Belichick - know him well. My brother won 2 Super Bowls w/him. We don't avoid each other, but he's not taking me out to eat. #Bills

@SalSports

Rex says brother Rob taught him a lot about how Belichick prepares, especially situational football. Rob coached under BB.

@TyDunne

Here are the running highlights from Rex's presser just now... http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/11/19/rex-ryan-they-have-the-rings-im-not-kissing-them/

A former player on NFLN said , Bills have to jam Gronk hard at LOS , Brady has the quick release.

I've been saying that for weeks. Maybe I should interview for a job there.

@TyDunne

Here are the running highlights from Rex's presser just now... http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/11/19/rex-ryan-they-have-the-rings-im-not-kissing-them/

All of those tweets can be summed up in one webpost.

I'm a dinosaur. I see no good use for Twitter

LeSean McCoy likes Monday night lights

1119-mccoy-mnf.jpg

LeSean McCoy is just hitting his stride in his first season with the Bills, and if his last five Monday night performances are any indication he should be productive this week against New England.

Thurman Thomas: "Dare to be great" (7:19)

Bills Hall of Fame RB Thurman Thomas called in to The John Murphy Show to share his thoughts on Patriots coach Bill Belichick, how the Bills can defend Tom Brady, and his memories of playing on Monday night.

A former player on NFLN said , Bills have to jam Gronk hard at LOS , Brady has the quick release.

They #1 key to getting pressure on Brady is disrupting the timing of his route-runners. You simply have to make him hold the ball a bit if you want to give the pass rush any shot at him (Dallas did this quite well against them this year).

I've been giving more thought to the defense, and putting my "Rex hat" on...I suspect we're going to see a little bit of everything coverage-wise on Monday.This is probably a game where James White and Brandon Bolden get a lot of snaps in the backfield for them. They killed Buffalo last game with passes to Lewis out of the backfield, and other teams (Giants, Cinci) have done the same, taking advantage of our LB play, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if that was part of the game plan.

I'm half thinking that there will be some disguised stuff on the interior, with combo zone coverage on the slot WRs and Robey drawing the assignment on the backfield target. That would give the LBs a much smaller area of the field to cover and get a true coverage player on the backs. Bonus: if the back stays in to block, it'll force him away from a chip block to account for Robey.

‏@TyDunne

Was Rex throwing shade at West Seneca East or West I wonder... :P

@SalSports

VIDEO: Interesting music selection for Bills to start practice. "Shipping out to Boston"

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/667383961287417857/pu/vid/1280x720/6AEYC5D6oXEYywW_.mp4

@SalSports

Bills DT Marcell Dareus is, indeed, back at practice. Proof:

CUMGuoRUwAEbeVI.jpg

@mikerodak

Do not see Leodis McKelvin at Bills practice Thursday. http://espn.go.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0459037562414044995-4

@buffalobills

Song choice on point for this week. 1f4af.png#BUFvsNE

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/667384074474917888/pu/vid/1280x720/tl0YW1a1SBoNYI48.mp4

Bills' Williams on Pats showdown: 'We're going to get it done'

The last time Buffalo faced the Patriots, Tom Brady ripped through the Bills secondary for nearly 500 yards and three touchdowns.

Did Rex Ryan's players take that personally? "Of course," said safety Duke Williams ahead of Monday night's rematch, per The Buffalo News.

"When someone puts up numbers like that on a defense like ours, it's a concern," Williams said. "We're better than we were then. We went back, watched film, watched our mistakes and figured out what we need to do better. And we're going to get it done on Monday."

@SalSports

CB Leodis McKelvin not seen on Bills practice field.

@salmaiorana

Is Rex Ryan wrong in conceding AFC East already? No, so let's not overreact here. Here's my story. http://on.rocne.ws/1O5Wq1z

via @DandC

Dear Sal.... the odds of the Bills going 12-4 and the Cheatriots losing 5 of the next 7.

You have a better chance of winning 3 lotteries in the same week.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever