Refugee Crisis in Europe

29 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Tibs has already loudly proclaimed he's "team Langley". So, overthrowing a moderate, secular regime and installing instead a torturing, murdering, dickbag with a bum spleen because he'll give us better trade deals is just part of the CIA doing its job to tibs. 

There's been no blowback from the CIA's use of false flags and regime change in Iran. It's been all roses and sunshine since "team Langley" got involved. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

From your link, Iranians before the revolution.

Iranians.jpg

Damn, look at those sluts in their knee length skirts.  Good thing Iran never turned away from modernity, huh?

54 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Tibs has already loudly proclaimed he's "team Langley". So, overthrowing a moderate, secular regime and installing instead a torturing, murdering, dickbag with a bum spleen because he'll give us better trade deals is just part of the CIA doing its job to tibs. 

There's been no blowback from the CIA's use of false flags and regime change in Iran. It's been all roses and sunshine since "team Langley" got involved. 

Ummm false, I was stationed at Langley and that's all. The overthrow was a crime, IMO. But Ike was crazy about not letting the Soviet get the oil there. 

But to the point, that CIA takeover did press an oppressive regime on the people of Iran which was overthrown by the religious zealots who then imposed strict religious rule on the country. Let's not pretend the Iranian people just choose this crap. There are many westernized Iranians and there would be more if allowed to have the freedom to choose for themselves. 

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

From your link, Iranians before the revolution.

Iranians.jpg

You think that is what the average Iranian's life was like? Ya right. The  upper crust maybe, but not the poor slobs living day to day. You fail 

35 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ummm false, I was stationed at Langley and that's all. The overthrow was a crime, IMO. But Ike was crazy about not letting the Soviet get the oil there. 

But to the point, that CIA takeover did press an oppressive regime on the people of Iran which was overthrown by the religious zealots who then imposed strict religious rule on the country. Let's not pretend the Iranian people just choose this crap. There are many westernized Iranians and there would be more if allowed to have the freedom to choose for themselves. 

You think that is what the average Iranian's life was like? Ya right. The  upper crust maybe, but not the poor slobs living day to day. You fail 

over your head.png

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

lol right

gsi2-overview-1.png

Whats the avg?

About 50% depending on varrying factors ( which is what i said ). Its basically a split.

Whats the poliing among Christians?

5 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

We all know that the Libertarians support The One World Order.

No we dont support the silliness of border walls or nationalism

The ideology is focused on the individual

6 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

Whats the avg?

About 50% depending on varrying factors ( which is what i said ). Its basically a split.

No we dont support the silliness of border walls or nationalism

The ideology is focused on the individual

dali.png

16 hours ago, westerndecline said:

Whats the avg?

You don't know how averages work.  And it doesn't matter what the "average" is, you're the one advocating that we let any and all of those folks polled into the US.

16 hours ago, westerndecline said:

Even if we take your 50% out-of-your-ass number at face value, theonomy is a fringe view at best in Christianity in the US.  But now we're way out of your depth, as opposed to just moderately out of your depth.

4 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

You don't know how averages work.  And it doesn't matter what the "average" is, you're the one advocating that we let any and all of those folks polled into the US.

Even if we take your 50% out-of-your-ass number at face value, theonomy is a fringe view at best in Christianity in the US.  But now we're way out of your depth, as opposed to just moderately out of your depth.

This is where u lost me.

I grew up in the evangelical church

A majority want a theocracy

A global civilization makes your borders arbitrary and pointless...

The muslims cant stop secular/enlightenment values either genius.

Globalization and the internet are going to make their beliefs a moot point regardless because their religion and culture is going through a renaissance and reformation as we speak...

Something the west already had

6 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

I was wondering where your penchant for being extraordinarily dense came from.  It all makes sense now.

:lol:

"Theonomy is a fringe view in the US."

"No it's not, I grew up in an evangelical church!"

Oh, okay...then it must be mainstream.

4 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

Ad hominem

No, see, I didn't say you're dense because I'm using that to say that your argument sucks.  Your argument sucks on its face and has no sources of data aside from your upbringing in an evangelical church (that you clearly resent, try a therapist).  Your density is self-evident.  Greg Bahnsen is dead and so is his kooky brand of postmillennial theology. 

21 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Ike was worried about Russian influence in the region to be sure, but Russia certainly didn’t need the oil. And while the CIA gets credit for the overthrow, it was really an MI6 led plan but the British needed cover given their interests in Iran. And that interest can be spelled in one word, oil. When Mossadegh had the temerity to nationalize that industry in Iran, BP and the Brits couldn’t let it stand, he was ousted, the Shah installed, and Khomeini and other clerics considered to be radical, were banished.

The chain of events since BP first discovered oil in Persia in the early 1900s is fascninating. If there is one commonality worldwide since, it’s that any country leader that attempts to nationalize that industry will be dealt with harshly. History bears that out. Big oil has been in bed with some of the most ruthless regimes and dictators throughout and as long as those leaders played ball, things were cool. Rock that boat and bad things happened. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Ike was worried about Russian influence in the region to be sure, but Russia certainly didn’t need the oil. And while the CIA gets credit for the overthrow, it was really an MI6 led plan but the British needed cover given their interests in Iran. And that interest can be spelled in one word, oil. When Mossadegh had the temerity to nationalize that industry in Iran, BP and the Brits couldn’t let it stand, he was ousted, the Shah installed, and Khomeini and other clerics considered to be radical, were banished.

The chain of events since BP first discovered oil in Persia in the early 1900s is fascninating. If there is one commonality worldwide since, it’s that any country leader that attempts to nationalize that industry will be dealt with harshly. History bears that out. Big oil has been in bed with some of the most ruthless regimes and dictators throughout and as long as those leaders played ball, things were cool. Rock that boat and bad things happened. 

Great post! 

It's my understanding that Ike felt the Cold War was at one level a battle for resources and letting the Soviet get ahold of that much oil would hurt our side. I'm sure in some future history books, or books themselves, oil will be the connecting theme of those stories. WW2 can be seen as a war for oil. Japan wanting Shell oil in Indonesia and Hitler wanting Russia oil--and more. 

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

No, see, I didn't say you're dense because I'm using that to say that your argument sucks.  Your argument sucks on its face and has no sources of data aside from your upbringing in an evangelical church (that you clearly resent, try a therapist).  Your density is self-evident.  Greg Bahnsen is dead and so is his kooky brand of postmillennial theology.