The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

29 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Chicks cutting people in pieces happens in Syrian prison camps and San Diego.  If you are invited on Skype to either place, don't go.

going there on an ad hoc invite is a thing?

28 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

That's Salafism, not Islam.

It's so not Islam that it's fundamentally apostate.

6 of one, half dozen of another, nuke them all.

If the darn crusaders could have just kept their sh!t together this wouldn't be a problem.

all religions have an extreme small small remnant that are vile and destructive

some of these remnants are worse than the rest combined in this present day and age

the media refuses to acknowledge this for their favourite pet

1 hour ago, Gary M said:

6 of one, half dozen of another, nuke them all.

If the darn crusaders could have just kept their sh!t together this wouldn't be a problem.

Salafism is a death cult dedicated to creating the conditions for the return of the Caliphate, according to the prophecies of certain hadiths, the which I forget but I recall are non-canonical.

But even if you accept those hadiths as true, they're still prophecies.  Salafis treat them as instructions: "if you create these conditions, this will happen."  That is not how prophecy works, though it is how prophecy has always been misused by apocalyptic death cults throughout history.  

Which leads to the very considerable theological problem with Salafism: "Islam" literally translates as "submission," and in the religious context means "submission to the will of God."  Treating prophecy as instructions, and trying to create conditions that will actively cause (rather than presage) the restoration of the Caliphate, they are not submitting to the will of God, but rather are attempting to submit the will of God to their own.  They are literally un-Islamic, in not submitting to Allah's will.  Hence, apostate.  The majority of Muslims recognize this.  They're no more "Islamic" than the Jim Jones' People's Temple was Christian.  

Side note: three of the conditions for the restoration of the Caliphate involved violence in certain regions.  Yemen, Iraq, and Syria.  

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Salafism is a death cult dedicated to creating the conditions for the return of the Caliphate, according to the prophecies of certain hadiths, the which I forget but I recall are non-canonical.

But even if you accept those hadiths as true, they're still prophecies.  Salafis treat them as instructions: "if you create these conditions, this will happen."  That is not how prophecy works, though it is how prophecy has always been misused by apocalyptic death cults throughout history.  

Which leads to the very considerable theological problem with Salafism: "Islam" literally translates as "submission," and in the religious context means "submission to the will of God."  Treating prophecy as instructions, and trying to create conditions that will actively cause (rather than presage) the restoration of the Caliphate, they are not submitting to the will of God, but rather are attempting to submit the will of God to their own.  They are literally un-Islamic, in not submitting to Allah's will.  Hence, apostate.  The majority of Muslims recognize this.  They're no more "Islamic" than the Jim Jones' People's Temple was Christian.  

Side note: three of the conditions for the restoration of the Caliphate involved violence in certain regions.  Yemen, Iraq, and Syria.  

Sounds like Bills fans sunday morning rituals. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Azalin said:

Why am I not surprised that this is from someone who's spent years working in both media and government?

It would be conducive to bringing about less and less freedom of speech. As much as we need to stay strong and fight against the erosion of our 2nd Amendment we need to stand tall against further restrictions on free speech.

See the source image

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

It would be conducive to bringing about less and less freedom of speech. As much as we need to stay strong and fight against the erosion of our 2nd Amendment we need to stand tall against further restrictions on free speech.

See the source image

No disagreement from me. I'm just taken aback by the author's galling honesty in his belief that speech should be regulated.

13 hours ago, Azalin said:

No disagreement from me. I'm just taken aback by the author's galling honesty in his belief that speech should be regulated.

if we just regulate Democrats, we wouldn't need many regulations at all.

i kid... kinda?

Edited by Foxx

16 hours ago, Azalin said:

Well, considering that using an "inappropriate pronoun" can be considered a hate crime, they're already regulating speech.