What do you think about Robert Woods?

dayman

He's not a burner, not is he terribly big. But he's a tough guy with good hands who has enough athletic ability to get open and make plays. He's also a good blocker and he fights for extra yards. You're not likely to see him in the pro-bowl, but he's a solid NFL WR who makes the team better.

This. He's a solid role player and every team needs solid, affordable role players.

And on an offense with McCoy, Watkins, Karlos and Clay, how many more looks do people expect (or want) for Woods?

IIRC, the eagles wanted Woodie for Shady, but we counter offered with Kiko

I don't know if later developments would have caused any differences in hindsight (acquiring Clay and Harvin, less production out of Brown and Bradham) but...eh, it tells me the FO likes what they see from Woodie. I think he's a valuable asset to the team

IIRC, the eagles wanted Woodie for Shady, but we counter offered with Kiko

I don't know if later developments would have caused any differences in hindsight (acquiring Clay and Harvin, less production out of Brown and Bradham) but...eh, it tells me the FO likes what they see from Woodie. I think he's a valuable asset to the team

He absolutely is. He can play any WR position, runs the best routes on a team that includes Sammy Watkins, blocks better than all the TEs on the roster but Clay, he plays teams and can return punts and kicks in a pinch. The guy is a baller and a really, really, good number 2 WR. That hasn't changed.

Great blocker and route runner who can make tough catches in traffic. The lack of speed really makes him a #3 or #4 in the NFL. To get re-signed, he'll need to beat out Hogan probably for that contract. The Bills need another receiver who can make plays after the catch in the draft or free agency going into 16.

Woods is under rated, lead us in receiving last year- plays every week. Not targeted enough needs to work off Watkins could do more but tyrod only threw it 12 times. He is a good and willing blocker team first guy

Some guys like Hogan - only when he can be the #4 corner as a starter he's shut down. If we threw it 50-60 times a game he'd have good numbers

Edited by CardinalScotts

Great blocker and route runner who can make tough catches in traffic. The lack of speed really makes him a #3 or #4 in the NFL. To get re-signed, he'll need to beat out Hogan probably for that contract. The Bills need another receiver who can make plays after the catch in the draft or free agency going into 16.

I think you're underestimating Woods' speed. He's faster than you think.

Woods could and probably should have a big game on Thursday. Revis will shadow Sammy. Cro is all but out. Marcus Williams or Dee Millner will be on Woods. The last time that Rex, as coach of the Jets, tried to take Sammy out of the game Woods burnt them.

Woods was singled and open Sunday as well.

I think Woods is capable of more than we've seen so far. Whether he's a number two or a number three I don't know, but I see him as a steady chains-mover who can burn you if you sleep on him.

As an aside, he stinks with the ball in his hands. I'd like to stop throwing bubble screens and running reverses with The Bob, he's terrible at it. It seems like since we drafted Watkins, Woods has for some reason been used on these plays far more often than Sammy, with no success. Thinking back, that is, he had nowhere to go on that play Sunday. RAC also is not a strength of his. He seems to enjoy running backwards but doesn't have the ability to make it work.

As an aside, he stinks with the ball in his hands. I'd like to stop throwing bubble screens and running reverses with The Bob, he's terrible at it.

Yup. He is averaging a paltry 2.6 yards after catch. His career average is 3.1. That is hardly second round quality right there. Oth, Goodwin for all his speed, has a career average of 2.8 yards after the catch. Horrible, just horrible draft picks.

Part of Woods problem is inexperience at QB. As successful as TT has been he rarely gets to his third read, so if on a given play its Watkins, Clay, Woods, TT either goes to one of the other guys, dumps it off or takes off running. Hard to out up numbers when the team does its best to minimize drop backs and thats happening.

To his credit Woods hasnt given up and stopped trying, as many have pointed out he gives it his all, every play, even on running plays. My only concern with Woods in the #2 role is his penchant to play out of control. Then again, a lot of Bills have that problem.

I think Woods is capable of more than we've seen so far. Whether he's a number two or a number three I don't know, but I see him as a steady chains-mover who can burn you if you sleep on him.

As an aside, he stinks with the ball in his hands. I'd like to stop throwing bubble screens and running reverses with The Bob, he's terrible at it. It seems like since we drafted Watkins, Woods has for some reason been used on these plays far more often than Sammy, with no success. Thinking back, that is, he had nowhere to go on that play Sunday. RAC also is not a strength of his. He seems to enjoy running backwards but doesn't have the ability to make it work.

With Revis shadowing Sammy and Tyrod back in there ... Woods should show up Thursday. Good game to test the thesis of this topic. Give us 2 TDs and 100+ yards Thursday night while looking fast and involved and I'll happily eat my words.

With Revis shadowing Sammy and Tyrod back in there ... Woods should show up Thursday. Good game to test the thesis of this topic. Give us 2 TDs and 100+ yards Thursday night while looking fast and involved and I'll happily eat my words.

he had a monster game last time we played them.

Woods was singled and open Sunday as well.

we threw the ball 12 times...think about it not 24-36 or 48 1/4 the times

the need their qb to get experience not another wr