Bills-Dolphins Centennial match

Mark Vader

So this is the 100th game but the Dolphins record is 58-44-1? I'm using my fingers and toes and trying to calculmulate that but it's not adding up

Must include the 4 times they've met in the playoffs (Bills 3-1 in those).

So this is the 100th game but the Dolphins record is 58-44-1? I'm using my fingers and toes and trying to calculmulate that but it's not adding up

Please ignore the 1970s: Bills vs. Dolphins History

@BuffaloBillsPR

The @buffalobills & @MiamiDolphins match-up Sunday will mark the 100th regular season meeting between the two teams.

I will always hate the Fish. Always. I didn't see a Buffalo victory against these bastards until I was 11 years old. I still love the fact that in Don Shula's last game as head coach the Bills ran him out of the playoffs with something like 300 yards rushing.

Best t-shirt ever sold at RICH Stadium?

"FU*K MIAMI" (no asterisk)

I will always hate the Fish. Always. I didn't see a Buffalo victory against these bastards until I was 11 years old. I still love the fact that in Don Shula's last game as head coach the Bills ran him out of the playoffs with something like 300 yards rushing.

Best t-shirt ever sold at RICH Stadium?

"FU*K MIAMI" (no asterisk)

Is this going to be how the young ones are going to remember the Patriots? 4-27 in my Nephews lifetime :sick:

still making up for (was it) 20 years of suckitude but the Bills are catching up

Yeah its amazing we are bringing it back to a split after that!
Edited by What a Tuel

Ah, how nice, a thread already started for exactly what I had in mind. :devil:

First, though I was at the last Bills-Dolphins game, and gathered a truckload of hilarty from it, I refrained from posting it back in September. This is because I sorta figured we'd need some uplifting coming out of the bye week. So, let's get to it:

I give you Exhibit #1:

Miami_Dolphins_Hilarity.jpg

Now, let me hand out a prelminary F you to the PC people. First, this pic is hilarious on its face( :lol:), period. Second, you don't know the story of how this came to be, so don't start up the ingorance/idiocy-->censorship machine just yet.

There once were three Bills fans who wanted a picture together. Then, a Miami fan came along and ASKED to be in the picture. But, she said she didn't want to show her face, as she was so pissed at the Dolphins for getting utterly destroyed. So, SHE decided to show...her other end. Ahem, clearly she was not wise enough to see the problem with HER approach. :lol: The three Bills fans, whilst giggling, merely exploited that lack of wisdom, and lived happily the rest of the night. See? The story is even better (now don't the PC people feel stupid? Well, if you already are stupid, I suppose it's hard to feel it, but I digress).

Thus, Exhibit #1 is funny in lots of ways. All of them involve the general awfulness of the Miami Dolphins and their fans.

Moving on to Exhibit #2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BHVP3Ltia8

crying-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif

Oh Dear God. I think of the 30 YEARS that have gone by without me knowing that this...banjo solo, flutes and all...is their TD song. How many Dolphins fans have gone unhazed? Countless.

This song is perhaps the best kept secret in the NFL. :lol: By the time the Dolphins scored a TD, the game was over and the crowd was 60/40 Bills. Out of nowhere, this song started playing and Bills fans started laughing. I looked around, and from 3 seats away to 3 sections, legions of Bills fans were laughing, mock-dancing, pointing at the Dolphins fans exactly like the gif above, etc.

The Dolphins fans were like "what?" :lol: ..which made us laugh even harder. Few Bills fans at that game had ever heard the song before, and the sheer awfulness shocked us into laughter.

Best kept secret? Here's why, they are both trying to get rid of this thing...

Exhibit 2a: "The feeling isn't mutual. [Jimmy] Buffett, in an interview with Rolling Stone, called Ofman's song 'just awful.'"

:lol:

...and trying to say it's better...than something, anything, else...at the same time.

Exhibit 2b: "Every time the Dolphins scored a touchdown, they would play the Miami Dolphins' fight song. Every time the Dolphins succeeded on a field goal, they would punish the crowd with the Jimmy Buffett song 'Fins.'"

:lol:

That last article is hilariously ironic. I would rather listen to "Margaritaville" 10k times in a row, than have put up with a single instance of "Miami Dolphins #1" being played after at TD for my team. No wonders Dolphin fans always seem so listless. Just when your team scores a TD, and you're happy, you know you have ~2 minutes of schit coming.

Exhibit #3:

The next time somebody tells you "fighting is not worth it". Tell them: "No, it's worth exactly 35% off your ticket and a Bills/Dolphins away game". That's what fighting last year, got us this year.

We, meaning all of the Bills Backers from Miami, Orlando, Tampa, etc. agreed to sit in the same sections, rather than all through the stadium, and for doing so, we got paid off.

It's like Viking Tribute. :lol: "Don't come here and kick our asses, and, we'll give you 35% off your ticket". Hooray!

It may be the 100th regular season meeting, but it just doesn't feel like the same old rivalry anymore. Ralph was stubborn when they realigned the divisions. They should be in the AFCS not the AFCE. He never got over being slighted out of receiving the Miami franchise. I think Danny Thomas and Joe Robbie pulled some strings to make that happen.

The Bills/fish rivalry needs to be started again. I haven't seen a fish blown up pre game with a M-80 in the lots for over 15 years now. Mind you it was done " safely" though.

Once Kelly took control the looks on Shula's and mmarino's faces made up for a lot of previous pain. That was great!

Good memories post 70's. The Carwell Gardner-Bryan Cox ejection, Andre Reed repeatedly torching Tom Olivadatti's defense, Nate Clements interceptions, Kelly's game winning rushing TD as time expired. There are also bad memories post 70's. Thurman Thomas getting a first done for the fins and taunting Buffalo, Jimmy Johnson jumping on a box of Flutie Flakes, Andre Reed throwing his helmet. Great entertainment but things have fizzled as both teams have been so bad for so long.

Edited by DDD