Need advise for Bills at Jets

fansince88

A friend bought myself and him tickets to the Bills at Jets game. Coming from the Albany NY way. Any recommendations to help us out? Will be driving together and am sure the traffic will be murder. Any suggestions like take the train and such would be great. Or if there is a better HI way to take or avoid that would be helpful too. Not afraid to drive in NYC type traffic so that isn't a concern. Just don't want the trip to turn into a nightmare. Thanks!

If you're coming from Albany, you should be able to avoid a lot of the traffic by taking the Thruway to Exit 15 Rte 17 South, which will basically take you right to the stadium (Rtes 120 or 3 East).

But if you don't want to drive to the stadium - Once you're on Rte 17 a few miles into NJ, take the Spring St. exit to the NJ Transit station on your right. Buy tix to the Meadowlands Sports Complex - need to transfer at Secaucus Junction for the Meadowlands train. Fairly simple and don't have to worry about parking.

NJ Transit link.

Train schedule for Jets game

No rail near that stadium surprises me. I guess it shouldn't.

There is a train that goes right to the stadium, but for most people it involves a transfer at Secaucus.

Traffic will be nerve racking no matter what route you take, then again, so will jets the drunk jets fans. As someone who has been born and raised in the ny metro area, I apologize in advance...

On a slightly different note, long time follower of twobillsdrive and I've read a lot of self criticism of bills fans...as someone who had his bachelor party in buffalo in January (6-3 season finale vs pats...had to stop the game to tie down goal post bc of 70mph winds) the fans and city was absolutely awesome and hospitable to my family who consist of jets, pats, Giants and cowboy fans...they always talk about it. You will always have the typical a-hole (like someone sliding down a railing and failing onto fans below) but, you guys, as a community/family should be proud, as it's very unlike the experience you get at jets/giants home games....tip my hat you and your great city and go bills...

Edited by LIBILLS25

i have Bills and Giants tickets. Metlife is real easy. Just take Garden State Parkway to route 3 east and follow the signs to the stadium. You will need to buy a parking pass though ticket exchange or stubhub for about 40$. It is a lot easier than the Ralph. Your biggest problem will be the Jets fans and not getting in our of the stadium. Have fun

Edited by shane nelson

If you're coming from Albany, you should be able to avoid a lot of the traffic by taking the Thruway to Exit 15 Rte 17 South, which will basically take you right to the stadium (Rtes 120 or 3 East).

But if you don't want to drive to the stadium - Once you're on Rte 17 a few miles into NJ, take the Spring St. exit to the NJ Transit station on your right. Buy tix to the Meadowlands Sports Complex - need to transfer at Secaucus Junction for the Meadowlands train. Fairly simple and don't have to worry about parking.

NJ Transit link.

Train schedule for Jets game

There is a train that goes right to the stadium, but for most people it involves a transfer at Secaucus.

Which line is the stadium on? Is it on the Meadowlands line? I would assume it is a lot simpler to exit the stadium via rail than contend with NJ drivers in that spot right?

Which line is the stadium on? Is it on the Meadowlands line? I would assume it is a lot simpler to exit the stadium via rail than contend with NJ drivers in that spot right?

The Meadowlands Line only runs on game days from Hoboken to the stadium. If you are not leaving from Hoboken you have to transfer at Secaucus to get on the train. Check the Bergen /Main line schedule from Ramsey Rte 17 station to Secaucus for the trip.

Be careful about the return though, if the game goes into OT, you will get the train out of the game, but it may be too late to catch the connection back to Ramsey

I was thinking of going as well because I am working in Manhattan that week. Can I get to the game via train? I'm staying near Penn station and I know there is a PATH train but not sure of connections.

I've done the trip out of Penn Station the last two years and will again this year. I have to refresh my recollection and check the schedules, but I am pretty sure that I caught NJ Transit out of NYC to Secaucus Junction and then to the Meadowlands from there. I travel with a couple Jets fans that do the trip regularly so I get lazy with the details.

I was thinking of going as well because I am working in Manhattan that week. Can I get to the game via train? I'm staying near Penn station and I know there is a PATH train but not sure of connections.

If you're near Penn you have two options

1 - Take the Path to Hoboken and catch the direct train to stadium (this is the better option because you'll get on the train at the starting point and won't have to deal with secaucus transfer))

2 - Take NJ Transit out of Penn to Secaucus Junction and transfer to Meadowlands train

Take the "back way" to the Met. Go 87 south from Albany, take the Garden State Pkwy exit (14A), Take Exit 153 Rt.3 East Clifton, When you get near the Met, bear right and take Sheraton Plaza Dr. and park at the Hilton Meadowlands hotel. It's cheaper and they take you over on a shuttle right up to the stadium gate. Then after leaving is easy peasy. Can't beat it.

Whatever you end up doing, make sure you hang out with the North Jersey Bills Backers and the NYC Bills Backers at the tailgate. This will be my second year going to the game with the backers. Last year was a great time and we had a big group of people. I am assuming we will be tailgating near the big ramp for the izod center again. Pinto Ron also tailgates in that area.

Whatever you end up doing, make sure you hang out with the North Jersey Bills Backers and the NYC Bills Backers at the tailgate. This will be my second year going to the game with the backers. Last year was a great time and we had a big group of people. I am assuming we will be tailgating near the big ramp for the izod center again. Pinto Ron also tailgates in that area.

The only thing that sucks about that location is the long slog to the stadium.

So NY PENN to Hoboken to the meadows lands is they way to go?

So would it be two round trips

NY PENN TO HOBOKEN

HOBOKEN TO STADIUM

THEN

Stadium to Hoboken

Hoboken to NY PENN

Like to stay in city and go out after game but trying to figure out what will be the smoothest way to go

Hm, the more i think about this...My sister lives in fanwood. I wonder if i could park there and hop a train to the game. Will have to look at NJ Transit.

Interesting, looks like i could park in fanwood, hop a train to secaucus and take a rail shuttle from there. The times look reasonable.

Wonder how cheap i could find a ticket.

Edited by joesixpack

Hm, the more i think about this...My sister lives in fanwood. I wonder if i could park there and hop a train to the game. Will have to look at NJ Transit.

Interesting, looks like i could park in fanwood, hop a train to secaucus and take a rail shuttle from there. The times look reasonable.

Wonder how cheap i could find a ticket.

If you're serious, let me know. I'm a game time decision.

So NY PENN to Hoboken to the meadows lands is they way to go?

So would it be two round trips

NY PENN TO HOBOKEN

HOBOKEN TO STADIUM

THEN

Stadium to Hoboken

Hoboken to NY PENN

Like to stay in city and go out after game but trying to figure out what will be the smoothest way to go

One note, the PATH train station is not at NY Penn it's on 33rd st & 6th Ave. PATH is a separate subway system that goes to NJ