Fire Doug Whaley signs

Rockee96

we are all disappointed- but some thought

a new coaching staff with a new defensive scheme and a new offensive scheme would come in and instantly click

a first time starter at quarterback wouldn't have any growing pains

we would over come multiple injuries to our best players, several out at the same time

be able to play EJ and Urbik and get away with it

all this after 7 games ....they would have every right to be 0-7.

Rex has kept this team together and playing hard- last week sucked but they didn't quit

it's a long season - this next week they get to have more of their actual team back.

Boobie Dixon, Boom Herron, Cierre Wood weren't in the plays for the rushing attack

Chris Hogan and Chris Gragg weren't the base players around the passing attack

4-4 after first half....6-2 after second half .....hello playoffs

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indirectly Doug Whaley is since he is ultimately responsible for the mediocre product on the field.

At least Lee Evans wasn't injury prone.

I can assure you that Doug Whaley will have zero effect whatsoever on the NFL's $20B TV contract.

That's an absolute certainty.

To argue otherwise is a massive reach IMO.

The original statement was that the fans pay the players/GM/coach salaries.

They don't.

Those costs are paid for in full by the TV revenue. The fans line the owners' pockets with their money.

And that's fine by me, since we knowingly choose to fork it over

Well, I have gone on record many times that Pegs best move when he took over would've been to throw all of "Ralph's trash" to the curb, wash away the losing stench, and start anew with a clean slate. But that didn't happen, and I'm not campaigning here to dump Whaley. I think he's made some good moves and some bad moves, but overall I think he has indeed improved the talent level on the roster since he took over as GM. I don't think that improvement though has been significant enough to the point that he's guaranteed to get an extension, especially if things keep going south and the internal fighting is/has been actually going on.

I'll tell you what. If Rex Ryan can't get those four pro bowlers to get sacks / pressure on the QB like Pettine, Schwartz did, then there is no way in hell I want him to win a power struggle in Buffalo.

Its more then just the stats, and wins, its all about getting pressure on the opposing QB. This past game against a 1-5 Jags team the Bills had the lead with 5 min to go and couldn't stop Bortles. No pressure on the QB in crunch time against a bad team shows me this defense stinks. That final Jaguar drive started at the Jacksonville 16 yard line so special teams did their thing the right way. Granted it was a bad pass interference call, but then why let them get a 31 yard TD pass. The defense should have stopped them at the 16. IMO. The Bills ranked 29th in sack percentage, and 27th in sacks this year when the team has been #1 & #2 sack leader the last two years. Ryan, and his defense sucks at this point!

I don't agree in throwing the entire regime in the garbage can at this time. What I would love to see is the Bills hire an NFL experienced president of football operations to make all the final decisions on the football side of things so this team will never again spend two first rounders on a WR. A football czar if you will. That president would also give Whaley the extra help needed to guide this team properly. Plus it would also move CEO Russ Brandon away from the football operations. And to those who claim he is no longer involved. Leroi let it slip recently that Brandon has been very active in the draft process, and I quote "Russ has a big part in scouting and the draft process. He is definitely involved."

The new owner shouldn't be deciding on who to hire at the head coach position simply because he isn't qualified to do so. The NY Jets hired two senior advisers in Ron Wolf, Charley Casserly, and they helped the owner choose his new GM & HC. The Jets currently have the #1 defense in the NFL, and are 4-2. Plus, the Jets are winning with noodle arm Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB.

I thought it was strange that the Pegulas did not have any senior advisers helping them with the football side of things after they purchased the Bills, particularly since they had retained excellent financial advisors during the sales process (Allen & Company).

I know when you come to a game next year you will see a win. Look foward to seeing you next year. Give a hug to the little one

Thanks mead, will do. We look forward to seeing you next year too.

Has the lack of water damaged your thought process? That is definitely a sign of dehydration.

The GM fills the cabinets with players.

The coaches decide how to use the players.

The cabinets at One Bills drive haven't been this filled with talent, this century. With one exception - QB.

Now the on the field product that is on the coaches.

So we won't be waiving Fire Whaley signs against the Dolphins.

Next time maybe bounce the idea on shout wall before you go full bore with a post.

smh

Yes, I agree that Whaley has done a good job filling our team with talent....But it just boggles my mind that he's mismanaged the QB position this bad....

I hope I'm not going too far in saying that having a good QB is worth just as much or more than 4-5 good players at other positions.So for example, I'd rather have a good QB with mediocore WR, RB, TE, LB, etc....than a bad QB with excellent WR, RB, TE, LB, etc...

I'll tell you what. If Rex Ryan can't get those four pro bowlers to get sacks / pressure on the QB like Pettine, Schwartz did, then there is no way in hell I want him to win a power struggle in Buffalo.

Its more then just the stats, and wins, its all about getting pressure on the opposing QB. This past game against a 1-5 Jags team the Bills had the lead with 5 min to go and couldn't stop Bortles. No pressure on the QB in crunch time against a bad team shows me this defense stinks. That final Jaguar drive started at the Jacksonville 16 yard line so special teams did their thing the right way. Granted it was a bad pass interference call, but then why let them get a 31 yard TD pass. The defense should have stopped them at the 16. IMO. The Bills ranked 29th in sack percentage, and 27th in sacks this year when the team has been #1 & #2 sack leader the last two years. Ryan, and his defense sucks at this point!

I don't agree in throwing the entire regime in the garbage can at this time. What I would love to see is the Bills hire an NFL experienced president of football operations to make all the final decisions on the football side of things so this team will never again spend two first rounders on a WR. A football czar if you will. That president would also give Whaley the extra help needed to guide this team properly. Plus it would also move CEO Russ Brandon away from the football operations. And to those who claim he is no longer involved. Leroi let it slip recently that Brandon has been very active in the draft process, and I quote "Russ has a big part in scouting and the draft process. He is definitely involved."

The new owner shouldn't be deciding on who to hire at the head coach position simply because he isn't qualified to do so. The NY Jets hired two senior advisers in Ron Wolf, Charley Casserly, and they helped the owner choose his new GM & HC. The Jets currently have the #1 defense in the NFL, and are 4-2. Plus, the Jets are winning with noodle arm Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB.

Forgive me but who is Leroi and why does he have this much credibility?

I'm not his biggest fan because of neglecting the QB position and whiffing on the Oline and offense in general but he has done well on defense.

But how does he not care about this team and how does he have a big ego?

He signed Taylor and Cassel and drafted EJ. Other than that he completely ignored the QB position.

He signed Taylor and Cassel and drafted EJ. Other than that he completely ignored the QB position.

Well Cassel and EJ are horrible. I'd rather he ignore the position completely than try and shove EJ down our throats anymore than he has. Tyrod could end up being pretty could which would make Whaley a God to Bills fans.

Edited by Bangarang

I think out GM is great and he did some great things in Pittsburgh when he was down there.

This teams needs a QB. Im not sold on Tyrod yet but we do play better when he is in. Jim S. should of never been given the door and should of stayed on with the D or head coach, he deserved it.

Rex Ryan and his staff are the issues. These guys were ran out of New York and the Jets are playing a hell of a lot better than the Bills are. They played the Pats good and I can see them beating them at home this season.

I have given up on this team and I really have not cared much about the Bills for the past 8 years. Ralph was not well to do anything, our GM, coaching, and staff have been the joke of the town of this team for 15 long years my friends.

Wade Phillips was our best coach since Marv. Hands down.....

I hope with new ownership, this team can do something positive and really build something here. That is a dream, and things right now are not good with this team.

As far as I look at it, Doug is a good GM and it doing his best.... Rex needs to be canned and there is no excuse about it. His players are turning and questioning things and the fans cant keep doing this...

Well Cassel and EJ are horrible. I'd rather he ignore the position completely than try and shove EJ down our throats anymore than he has. Tyrod could end up being pretty could which would make Whaley a God to Bills fans.

Cassel was the wrong fit for the current offense, and even had Whaley built the offensive line like he started out to do it simply wouldn't have helped with Cassel. The guy threw three picks for the Cowboys, and that was with Dallas rushing 41 times for 233 yards. Even behind a very solid Cowboys line when Cassel would throw deep it looked like a lame duck up there, and was picked off.

Tyrod was Rex Ryan's find, and both he and EJ are still in the developmental process. Taking that into consideration Whaley really should have done a better job in building the line for that power run scheme Roman wants to run, and for pass protection.

You should try having some, yes

I agree, he is "an intelligent and erudite poster" :rolleyes:

The problem here is Rex Ryan. He came in and changed the scheme for the best d in the league, he is very cocky, and just not a very good head coach. He is one hell of a D coordinator, but his head coaching skills are just weak. Who comes off a beat down by one of the worst teams in the league and gives the players a week off? Rex Fing Ryan. Who continues to get out coached week in and week out? Yup Rex Ryan. The only bully on this team is the secondary and I'm not convinced Whaley didnt just get lucky on Darby and it makes it look like Ryan's d is helping him. Rex Ryan is terrible. Fire him if you are going to get rid of anyone. Go out and hire Schwartz or a Special Teams coach like Bobby April to be head coach. Then you have to hire a O and D coordinator. If the Bills lose against the Dolphins, I don't know how Ryan doesn't quit and sell his truck. He will have lost face to Western NY.

I reluctantly lean towards this viewpoint.

I am very disappointed in the way our D is performing - I know the O has given them a lot of 3 and outs, but that only hurts the D if they stay on the field and allow clock-eating drives and multiple 3rd and long conversions. IMO Rex has set this D, which was elite last year, way way back.

Edited by Hopeful

Okay okay.....maybe I was going a bit overboard....

I'm just really disappointed that he's stuck by EJ for so long and is almost trying to force things to work out with him - almost like fitting a square into a round hole. And he cut Fred Jackson and traded Cassell - you all know this....The moves just didn't make sense as a whole and my gut feeling was that his ego has been hurting the team (and the fans) lately....I mean we could have drafted David Carr or Bridgewater in the past drafts if he had recognized early on that EJ was just not cut out to be a NFL QB...I could go on and on, but hopefully you see where I am coming from.

Objectively, if you draft a young QB who is known to be a project, it makes no organizational sense to add another QB who is thought to be a project from a weak class in the next draft. The fatal QB flaw really began on Buddy Nix watch as GM, where once we cut Edwards and started Fitzpatrick, IMO we should have been working overtime to scout and draft 1-2 promising QB in 2010-2012. Bridgewater and Carr may be or may not be "all that and a bag of chips" (they haven't proven themselves to me yet) but if we're playing might-have-been, why not pine after Andy Dalton, Russ Wilson, Nick Foles, or even Ryan Tannehill (we could conceivably have moved up for him)? Why start with 2014, which is widely regarded as one of the weaker QB classes?

The point of view I simply don't understand is all the criticism for cutting Fred Jackson and trading Cassell. I think there can be some legitimate criticisms of some of the draft and roster decisions on Whaley's watch, but those two choices? Seriously?

Fredex was the oldest running back in the league last year. He has 11 attempts for 54 yds running for the Seahawks. I find it really difficult to take seriously the football cred anyone who makes a statement like "the move just didn't make sense as a whole".

I thought it was OK to acquire Cassell, but how he looked in training camp was not how I expected. He sees the field better than EJ, but his throws were limp and in case you haven't noticed, during the Dallas game that weekend he threw 3 picks and walked off the field with a 62.3 rating, which is significantly lower than EJ despite EJ's abysmal 2Q play. And we just don't know what was going on where we brought Cassel back and then traded him so quickly, but I don't think everything leaks. For all we know, he made himself PNG in the QB room with how he was pointing out Taylor's mistakes or something.

The point is, neither Jackson or Cassel have done anything so far this season to make cutting them look like a whopping size blooper calling for signs to fire the GM.

Edited by Hopeful

- Thanks for your long dedication to the team its been meager times for sure- I have been one since I was 5 , am 44 now and we have had seasons since incubation

- On to your point this is NOT Doug Whaleys fault. He has built a very strong team and didnt hire Rex. Sure some say he was in on the process but the Pegulas had a love fest for Rex. He also didnt draft EJ or Spiller--look to Buddy for that. We were all set to hire Hue Jackson which was the right HC hire or we should of kept Schwartz.

- I wont knock anyones opinion I just dont agree with yours. Rex has been an epic fail ever since hes been a HC. Look to his overall record, handling of QB's, meltdowns, and losses after bye weeks.

great post = big picture. Rex's record and MO speaks for itself.

iirc he called the Greg Roman hire when others were touting some other OC, Ronald Darby pick too.

Major fail was when he announced ej would be cut

The only major fail was promoting EJ to #2 and letting him see the field, we would be in a much better position if the plan went as planned, situations change.

EJ potentially sabotaged the year, again.

Imo

The only major fail was promoting EJ to #2 and letting him see the field, we would be in a much better position if the plan went as planned, situations change.

EJ potentially sabotaged the year, again.

Imo

Incorrect. Ej's performance has zero to do with your "insider" prediction. Take the L on this one. #accountability.

Imo.

Edited by Ryan L Billz