The morning after the Jaguar Apocolypse

Yesterday's game really happened. The Bills have three choices, 1) they can go forward without changes and assume they are on the right course. 2) The teams leaders can try to forge a new direction for the team (new personnel, coaching or schemes) or 3) the team could start in the direction of getting new leadership.

For all the ranting for the Bills about lack of continuity, OBD has had a remarkable run of continuity in the executive suite and at the GM/Assistant GM position. New leadership at the OBD/GM level should be on the table.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug Whaley is a genius. Traded for a WR to help a QB he picked. Traded for a RB gave him extension but didn't address putrid OL. Traded backup QB for a sixth round pick. Not sure Rex and Whaley are on same page and problem is they both report to the owner so expect a lot of front office disconnect as each tries to show their genius and blame the other guy.

How about we see what this team can do consistently when we have a full compliment of our skills players. Our defensive woes are directly related to our offensive woes and vice versa. I want to see this team together for more than one game consistently before I am willing to pass any objective conclusions.

Tim-

How about we see what this team can do consistently when we have a full compliment of our skills players. Our defensive woes are directly related to our offensive woes and vice versa. I want to see this team together for more than one game consistently before I am willing to pass any objective conclusions.

Tim-

Ding!

Tim-

Durability is actually a player attribute. Its one the current GM really tries to "beat". An older McCoy, injured Kiko, Injured Harvin, Injured Karlos, Injured Cyril Richardson, are all examples of guys people thought Whaley was a genius for getting "value" on. Turns out they dropped in value because they aren't durable. Its part of the problem, not an excuse for other problems.

Doug Whaley is a genius. Traded for a WR to help a QB he picked. Traded for a RB gave him extension but didn't address putrid OL. Traded backup QB for a sixth round pick. Not sure Rex and Whaley are on same page and problem is they both report to the owner so expect a lot of front office disconnect as each tries to show their genius and blame the other guy.

Whaley has put together a phenominal roster outside of 1 position, and that is QB.

Until you find a QB that is worth a damn you can put the Seahawks GM, Patriots GM, (Favorite GM here) in here and you would get the same result.

Until you find that QB this team is going to be a 7-9 win team.

Durability is actually a player attribute. Its one the current GM really tries to "beat". An older McCoy, injured Kiko, Injured Harvin, Injured Karlos, Injured Cyril Richardson, are all examples of guys people thought Whaley was a genius for getting "value" on. Turns out they dropped in value because they aren't durable. Its part of the problem, not an excuse for other problems.

No just no. Can we blame the Denver GM because everyone thought he got good value for Peyton Manning but inreality he just got an old Peyton Manning? I mean it hasnt worked out for them and all. Demarcus Ware, old and injured. Aqib Talib, old and injured. He must suck too.

No just no. Can we blame the Denver GM because everyone thought he got good value for Peyton Manning but inreality he just got an old Peyton Manning? I mean it hasnt worked out for them and all. Demarcus Ware, old and injured. Aqib Talib, old and injured. He must suck too.

How has Peyton Manning not worked out for Denver? AFCCG and a Super Bowl appearance? Huh?

The Head Coach is the problem, not the GM. Fire Rex.

Correct, but they won't. Not because TP is afraid to make a move, but because it'll make Buffalo a toxic destination for the kind of coach we would want to lure here, and we'd end up with another Marrone. Mind you, I'd take last year's coaching staff over this one. Last year we wont most of the games we were supposed to, except for maybe the Oakland game.

I also just realized looking at last year's record, we had a .500 or above record all season. Rex is quantifiably worse than Marrone.

Denver's 6-0. What the hell are you talking about?