EJ headset issues?

Bocephuz

obviously its not his job. in a vacuum its not the end of the world, but if hes setting an organizational tone that is unorganized, undisciplined, etc....

the CEO of your company sets a lot of the tone around the building. maybe this is a reflection, maybe its a freak accident.

He is responsible for football only not marketing, facilities, equipment, etc. This is just an attempt by those who dislike him to place blame on him. Was not a coach I wanted to be signed to Bills but you need to at least be fair in evaluation. Not retaining Schwartz - Rex's issue, batteries definitely not.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is responsible for football only not marketing, facilities, equipment, etc. This is just an attempt by those who dislike him to place blame on him. Was not a coach I wanted to be signed to Bills but you need to at least be fair in evaluation. Not retaining Schwartz - Rex's issue, batteries definitely not.

Schwartz was not going to stay and be a coordinator in name only. Rex Ryan was hired as a defensive guru. Even if Rex wanted Jim to stay, Jim would not have.

Yes, the defense is not playing as well as last year. That is on Rex.

It could be completely random, or it could easily be a result of an overly laid back atmosphere in the building. the coach permeates everything - for better and worse. is this an example? definite maybe. to say one way or the other would be foolish.

Likely what happened is not all of the staff went to England and the person whose job was to check these type of things, typically a low level employee, was not sent to England. Since Bills left directly after game the checks were rushed.

You know this how? This is a billion + business. The equipment staff are at every game. Doubtful a "low level" battery charging emplyee was left behind. it's a tad more complex than some may understand. make no doubt, a well run franchise Does not allow this to happen. New ownership has a ways to go getting this franchise to a level of competence the rest of the league works at.

The Patriots themselves during the spygate fiasco basically sad the Bills were easy they are not a sophisticated organization. Not much apprently has changed in that dept.

What a dumb organization to allow something like weak batteries in the headsets to impact the game. I don't care who did or did not travel to England. There's a checklist to be followed before each-and-every game and clearly it wasn't followed - end of story. What an absolutely stunning level of incompetence. Whoever was responsible for that needs to be fired - immediately. Can you imagine this happening to the Patriots?

What a dumb organization to allow something like weak batteries in the headsets to impact the game. I don't care who did or did not travel to England. There's a checklist to be followed before each-and-every game and clearly it wasn't followed - end of story. What an absolutely stunning level of incompetence. Whoever was responsible for that needs to be fired - immediately. Can you imagine this happening to the Patriots?

It is called quality assurance- something this team lacks. Follow the freaking SOP's and Checklists- if their is any? I dont know what to believe anymore. To top it off listening to Rex makes me sick. Can we drain his battery ASAP?

They also make sure the opposing coaches can hear the play by play in their headsets.

Secret squirrly transmissions to the pats lol

It is called quality assurance- something this team lacks. Follow the freaking SOP's and Checklists- if their is any? I dont know what to believe anymore. To top it off listening to Rex makes me sick. Can we drain his battery ASAP?

Secret squirrly transmissions to the pats l

I can see it happening to the patriots, of course. things like this happen in organizations all the time, but the patriots are a better football team and tend to, you know, win. and, likely, keep things like this in house.

Kind ranks right up there with too little air in the footballs...eh? Nobody got fired for that.

Edited by Keukasmallies

Seems strange that the NFL would pack, bring and set-up the communications systems, but the teams were responsible for the batteries. Not letting anyone off the hook, just seems odd to me.

Also strange that the head-sets did seem to be working, except for in certain dead spots. Maybe those spots were far away from the transponder and were affected by weak battery levels?

All-in-all, strange...

https://twitter.com/viccarucci/status/658748461794373632

Vic Carucci@viccarucci 2m2 minutes ago
According to a #Bills source, the report that low batteries caused problems w coach-to-QB communication system is false.

#NFL was beta testing a wireless pack for coach-to-QB communication system during #Bills-#Jaguars game in London.

Edited by What a Tuel

According to a #Bills source, the report that low batteries caused problems w coach-to-QB communication system is false.

#NFL was beta testing a wireless pack for coach-to-QB communication system during #Bills-#Jaguars game in London.

Well, I didn't light these torches for nothing.

of course the bills are going to deny the report. that goes without saying. now the real question is, do i think the nfl is dumb enough to beta test communications devices during an actual game? or do i stick with the first report an assume the bills are the dumber of the two parties? super tough call...

still, i can't shake the feeling that the bills went cheap on the batteries. it's just their way. it sounds like something they would do.

Pre-season is the time to beta test new equipment. If this is true, this is still inexcusable. Was this equipment being forced on the Bills? Did they agree to this w/o trying it out before the game? This is still on the Bills' organization to allow this to happen.

obviously its not his job. in a vacuum its not the end of the world, but if hes setting an organizational tone that is unorganized, undisciplined, etc....

the CEO of your company sets a lot of the tone around the building. maybe this is a reflection, maybe its a freak accident.

Some of this is a piggy back off of what bigcat said- Actually everything from an operational standpoint on game day falls under Ryans umbrella. He isn't the guy thats going into the equipment room charging batteries however he is the guy who makes sure the quality control systems are in place- then it trickles on down to our quality guys then branched to the equipment personnel.

On to your point- CEO's do set the tone but we have to remember thats not Brandons role anymore (on the football side). At least we were led to believe that? It is so hard to tell with this team everything makes all of us scratch our heads and try to figure it out and you just cant. One thing I believe is Whaley and only Whaley should be hiring the HC. It is so important that your GM and HC are on the same page but the pegulas had a love fest for Ryan. I wonder how long that will last?