step away from the ledge

Pete

The jets were 4-6 and made the AFCCG under Rex.

3-4 isn't good but it's not over. If they get healthy they can win a few. We can be 5-4 before you know it and right back in the playoff race.

I just don't know how you do it when the team has given you any reason to believe in them after 15 years.

I genuinely admire it. I don't know how to be positive anymore with this team.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately it looks like the wheels have come off already. There could be a lot of changes next year. Salary cap could be a problem.

On a brighter note Fritz is playing great vs the Pats !!! Oh wait it isn't the 4th quarter yet .

Edited by 1st&ten

I just don't know how you do it when the team has given you any reason to believe in them after 15 years.

I genuinely admire it. I don't know how to be positive anymore with this team.

It's not so much believing this squad will be the one to do it- but annually some random .500 or worse team gets hot at the right time.

We have plenty of injured guys coming back after a much needed bye. Maybe they rebound- maybe they don't. Since the draft I've called this an 8-9 win team with potential to swing pretty wildly. We are hovering around .500 despite being at what is hopefully a low point for the roster/talent on the field.

not an excuse its a fact. What is New England if Brady, Ammendola and Gronk are hurt? What is Greenbay if Rogers and Lacy are hurt? Any team that is missing their stating QB, #1 WR, and half their starting line is going to suffer

Never said they wouldn't suffer, but lose to a team like Jacksonville? I don't think any of those teams would let that happen.

So are we supposed to back away from the ledge to make room for EJ to take his swan dive? Or just get a better running start for our collective header as fans? Lose to the Jags - season is over.

Season is most definitely over I won't be surprised to see the bills fall to 3-7

Wouldn't be shocking. Nor would 5-4

I'd be shocked if they're 5-4. given the way the Phins and Jets are playing vs. the way the Bills have been playing I don't give them much of a chance at winning both.

I sum up the last decade and a half as a Bills fan like this. Charlie Brown kicking the football. Always think we're going to do it, that it's going to be different. Find different ways each year to get excited in the offseason. Then the inevitable happens. Oh well - maybe next year. Right...

They lost the game. Who cares what they "show you." I'm done buying the moral victory, "I'm proud of the fight" bull ****

+1

Moral victories don't get you into the playoffs. At some point you have to start demanding wins and not accepting losses in any form. This game was entirely in our control. Playoff caliber teams play and win regardless of how many starters are injured/not dressing. There is only one statistic that matters and that is the left hand column of W's compared to the right hand column of L's. Did we fight today? Absolutely. Should we have had to? Absolutely not. That 2nd quarter was atrocious and was the major reason we lost this game. Lot of football left to play and we need to regroup over the bye, but my patience is completely done.

Edited by ctk232

Miami is a BIT different now don't you think?

Heaven forbid we might be a bit different in a few weeks with guys coming back healthy

Or the energy in their room might fade as the novelty wears off

I forgot that you play the entire season the same way from week 7 on, while anything prior is totally random.

I sum up the last decade and a half as a Bills fan like this. Charlie Brown kicking the football. Always think we're going to do it, that it's going to be different. Find different ways each year to get excited in the offseason. Then the inevitable happens. Oh well - maybe next year. Right...

Kinda like my avatar?

Seriously on the injury thing...I have heard that excuse so many times about both the Bills and the Sabres over the years, I literally want to barf. :sick:

Back-up players are paid very good money to come out there as an insurance plan when an injury occurs to the starter. Do they have to perform like an all-star? No, but they should be prepared and focused to play and try to avoid critical mistakes and penalties....heck, now that I think about it, our starters can't even do that!

Edited by Bacchus44