Rams Relocate to LA; Chargers Have 1st Option to Also Move

@dkaplanSBJ

Ralph wilson turning over in his grave?his successor celebrated w/Jones,snyder,kroenke Rams relocation.Story on new NFL politics in @sbjsbd

@mikerodak

Mike Rodak Retweeted Buffalo Rumblings

From @nytimes story from last week: Terry Pegula had dinner w/ Jones, Kroenke after vote: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/01/14/sports/football/newer-nfl-owners-show-muscle-in-tug-of-war.html

Gee, how awful the Bills no longer have one of the handful of outcasts as team owner. <_<

Aside from the seers who assume they know what Ralph Wilson would have done, I've yet to read any explanation for why Pegula or anyone else was wrong to support the Inglewood plan. Especially when the biggest selling points of the other proposal were apparently 'we really like Dean Spanos' and 'guys whose grandfather paid $500 for a $1.5 billion asset are more worthy than guys who paid a billion dollars for a $1.5 billion asset'.

Edited by KD in CT

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee, how awful the Bills no longer have one of the handful of outcasts as team owner. <_<

Aside from the seers who assume they know what Ralph Wilson would have done, I've yet to read any explanation for why Pegula or anyone else was wrong to support the Inglewood plan. Especially when the biggest selling points of the other proposal were apparently 'we really like Dean Spanos' and 'guys whose grandfather paid $500 for a $1.5 billion asset are more worthy than guys who paid a billion dollars for a $1.5 billion asset'.

I agree 100%. The Inglewood plan was the only play here. The other was a joke. Why shouldn't Pegula treat this as the business that it is? Who cares if he aligns himself with Jones?

And Ralph was always quick to threaten to move if he didn't get his way (for free) in matters of stadium(s). So if he always voted against others moving, he was always a hypocrite.

I don't think this is any big deal.. As I said before, Pegula is no different than the other owners. They all have the same goals in running this business. Let them celebrate.

Maybe Pegula is getting some ideas from Jones and Kronke for a downtown stadium complex that'll be coming in the next few years. Time to plan for the future beyond RWS.

@Sportsnet

The LA Rams are now taking ticket deposits, and have reported heavy interest http://ow.ly/XfgVU

CZCU_gDUkAAuRDa.jpg

I know L.A. is a huge market, but why is it that every time I see a picture/video of the fans celebrating the Rams returning it is a max of 8-10 people. This even includes the live video they were shooting in L.A. immediately after the vote. There were like 6 guys out celebrating.

I know L.A. is a huge market, but why is it that every time I see a picture/video of the fans celebrating the Rams returning it is a max of 8-10 people. This even includes the live video they were shooting in L.A. immediately after the vote. There were like 6 guys out celebrating.

Traffic.

Most of the other out of work actors were busy.

All 12 million were busy?

Rumor has it that Kranky commissioned all of them to play the role of "average LA Rams fan" for a day in a brilliant piece of avant garde marketing, They should all be up for an Oscar but they played their roles so well that nobody even noticed.

The incredible premiums paid by ESPN aren't sustainable though. The model was put into practice how you stated, but it isn't working. Disney's (ESPN's parent company) stock plummeted from 120 to 95 last year due primarily to those kinds of deals by ESPN. It's also why there have been so many cost cutting moves made by ESPN of late. They spent crazy to corner the market on a lot of sports, but didn't realize that the non-sports watchers would cut the cable and stop subsidizing the sports enthusiasts. It is a huge issue with ESPN right now and there isn't a clear way out. They've locked themselves in with the cable/dish companies and really can't go a la carte.

I cut the cord three years ago, like many, many others. But you know what? I sure do miss the sports channels...When they played sports!

Remember when they showed sports instead of ex - players and nobodies... talking about sports?!?!

I would much rather watch track and field/swimming/diving/motocross/drag racing/gymnastics/strong man/equestrian/bowling/tractor pulls/lumber jacking/rowing/curling/beer pong....ANYTHING BUT TALK!!!

I cut the cord three years ago, like many, many others. But you know what? I sure do miss the sports channels...When they played sports!

Remember when they showed sports instead of ex - players and nobodies... talking about sports?!?!

I would much rather watch track and field/swimming/diving/motocross/drag racing/gymnastics/strong man/equestrian/bowling/tractor pulls/lumber jacking/rowing/curling/beer pong....ANYTHING BUT TALK!!!

LOL....like I tell the kids, I'm so old I remember using pay phones to contact friends in college, watching music videos on MTV and watching actual live sports on ESPN!