Should the Bills trade for a WR?

YoloinOhio

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trade deadline approaching quickly... Who would you (realistically) try to trade for and what would you give up?

Steve Smith.

I think he's the only one that could possibly be on the table. It's tough to decide what to give up because you are only getting him for the rest of the season. A 7th rd pick maybe? That turns to a 6th if the Bills make the playoffs or something.

Steve Smith.

I think he's the only one that could possibly be on the table. It's tough to decide what to give up because you are only getting him for the rest of the season. A 7th rd pick maybe? That turns to a 6th if the Bills make the playoffs or something.

:w00t:

Love the Steve Smith idea (brought up in another thread too by No Saint).

I also wonder if the Bucs would part with Vincent Jackson

Deonte Thompson is on Chicago's PS, fwiw.

The Bills can't sign him, unfortunately, per NFL rules. They waived him with an injury settlement. Edited by YoloinOhio

Love the Steve Smith idea (brought up in another thread too by No Saint).

its one of those that makes enough sense to atleast explore, even if it doesnt work out.

10 game rental from a team out of the playoffs should be cheap

only a 3m base salary so itd be like a 2m cap hit for us

going into a bye week to get a guy up to speed

has familiarity with tyrod

seems like the type rex would love

odds are nothing comes of it, but in the world of hypothetical trades - the pieces seem to atleast line up on the surface.

Edited by NoSaint

its one of those that makes enough sense to atleast explore, even if it doesnt work out.

10 game rental from a team out of the playoffs should be cheap

only a 3m base salary so itd be like a 2m cap hit for us

going into a bye week to get a guy up to speed

has familiarity with tyrod

seems like the type rex would love

odds are nothing comes of it, but in the world of hypothetical trades - the pieces seem to atleast line up on the surface.

Well...

I'm 100% for at least pursuing it...

Being an NC resident for 21 of the past 26 years, 20 of those years in Charlotte...I'm well aware of what Smith brings...Even at this age, and in his last year, I'm a pretty big fan... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Deonte Thompson is on Chicago's PS, fwiw.

from what I understand the Bills cant sign him due to the way they released him...think it was injury settlement or something like that but whatever the details were means they cant resign him this year