WGR is a constant assault on intellectual honesty.

There are a bunch of music stations out there that would keep people happier. You don't need the radio whatsoever to stay up to date on Bills news.

For me, living out of town and traveling for work, tuning in to GR is a daily thing. It keeps me connected to the Buffalo sports scene. I cant always be on this site or on the Sabres site. But I can ususaly stream the app while driving.

So please excuse us folks that listen to the station to stay connected.

If i listen to the national radio, you know what they talk about:

1) Tom Brady

2) Peyton Manning

3) Tom Brady

So where else can i get Bills/Sabres talk?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, living out of town and traveling for work, tuning in to GR is a daily thing. It keeps me connected to the Buffalo sports scene. I cant always be on this site or on the Sabres site. But I can ususaly stream the app while driving.

So please excuse us folks that listen to the station to stay connected.

If i listen to the national radio, you know what they talk about:

1) Tom Brady

2) Peyton Manning

3) Tom Brady

So where else can i get Bills/Sabres talk?

I don't know what to tell you. Between TBD and following SalC on twitter you can get about 95% of the Bills news you'll get from listening to WGR in about 5 mins of browsing.

And you don't have to deal with the crazy spin and hot takes!

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

I don't know what to tell you. Between TBD and following SalC on twitter you can get about 95% of the Bills news you'll get from listening to WGR in about 5 mins of browsing.

And you don't have to deal with the crazy spin and hot takes!

I am with the Count. I have my drive time to give. I don't have time for TBD generally (i.e. see post count and join date) and don't read twitter while driving. Between work, 3 kids, and a highly demanding wife, I use my hour of driving a day to listen to Bills news.

Your way works for you, great. It does not work for me.

This afternoon someone called in and mentioned Kelly's criticism. Their response was to act as though the caller was making it up and had the audacity to say "I'm not sure, I'd like to see a quote".

Seriously? The afternoon show has been about the same topic for two days, and only at 5:00 today were they made aware of Jim's critique? I'm calling BS.

I am with the Count. I have my drive time to give. I don't have time for TBD generally (i.e. see post count and join date) and don't read twitter while driving. Between work, 3 kids, and a highly demanding wife, I use my hour of driving a day to listen to Bills news.

Your way works for you, great. It does not work for me.

The best workaround on WGR is using their phone app and cherry picking the segments I listen to, especially with S&B, and now Matt Coller, who is apparently a thin-skinned sissy who cries when you get snarky with him on Twitter.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

They didn't really say that did they

Yes they did numerous times on I believe their Monday show. It's archived on the WGR website and it was beyond frustrating to hear

I sure hope they didn't but I wouldn't put it past them.

Yes they did numerous times on I believe their Monday show. It's archived on the WGR website and it was beyond frustrating to hear

Edited by 7boogiewoogie

i believe they said that if an OL is using max protect schemes and using 6 guys to block 4 most of the time while a QB is getting the ball out in 2 seconds, playing coverage at times can be more effective than fruitlessly trying to get pressure.

Keep in mind that there are strong rumors that Pegula Sports and Entertainment will not only launch a WNY-focused sports channel, but may also buy a local radio station to pair it up with. Take the Bills and Sabres off WGR and you're left with bupkis. An AM station no one has a reason to listen to.

really looking forward to "chris brown after hours" in the 2-4:30am slot.

Edited by Dirtbag

Keep in mind that there are strong rumors that Pegula Sports and Entertainment will not only launch a WNY-focused sports channel, but may also buy a local radio station to pair it up with. Take the Bills and Sabres off WGR and you're left with bupkis. An AM station no one has a reason to listen to.

Oh so like, actual Pegula state radio as opposed to what people claim WGR is today. I'm sure it will be totally fair and balanced and very critical of the teams when it launches.

Edited by JM57

The best workaround on WGR is using their phone app and cherry picking the segments I listen to, especially with S&B, and now Matt Coller, who is apparently a thin-skinned sissy who cries when you get snarky with him on Twitter.

That's basically what I do Promo. I am in Wisconsin. Generally listen to Murph's show from the previous day in the morning commute, then I cherry pick the rest for my evening commute

We at least can listen to Tools in Rochester on 1280. I only listen to WGR morning guys.

I never thought about Crapchester. They have Podcasts too, thanks baga.

People like you would still listen to the negative station because you want to be outraged.

WGR did fine for years without broadcasting either teams games......given the choice of listening to the company line.......glossed over excuses.........or hearing more objective and thought provoking takes.....then the average fan will listen to the latter if they think the messenger tends to have a point.

People like you would still listen to the negative station because you want to be outraged.

WGR did fine for years without broadcasting either teams games......given the choice of listening to the company line.......glossed over excuses.........or hearing more objective and thought provoking takes.....then the average fan will listen to the latter if they think the messenger tends to have a point.

My favorite is when the interview the "lead journalist" from BuffaloBills.com to tell us how everything is coming along just fine.

My favorite is when the interview the "lead journalist" from BuffaloBills.com to tell us how everything is coming along just fine.

There is a formula.

The coaches and players just say they gotta do better/execute better.....which is usually a cop-out that rarely touches on the specific issues and leaves fans unsatisfied with the explanation.

Then the shils come on the air and say that the team is being too hard on themselves because of circumstance A/B/C etc.....which is intended to make the fans think that maybe their initial reaction was too critical. :lol:

Lowering expectations without making the product look bad requires a team effort.

I used to do that, but now they just put the whole hour up and you can't pick say the segment where they talk to John Clayton or something.

i believe they said that if an OL is using max protect schemes and using 6 guys to block 4 most of the time while a QB is getting the ball out in 2 seconds, playing coverage at times can be more effective than fruitlessly trying to get pressure.

I don't remember those guys going into that detail but I would think all the more reason to load the box and have our corner's play strong man coverage in the secondary which is what we excel at. The Safety position has been a little weak but not awful so they should help cover in the secondary as well. You have to apply pressure at the line especially when you have high pressure guys... A least much more than Rex dials it up. Eventually you will get into the backfield and disrupt both the running game and the quarterback play. He needs to trust his linebacker's more..IMO

Edited by 7boogiewoogie

Listening to WGR the last couple of days has led me to believe that had been told than any criticism of the Bills will lead to them losing their broadcast contract at the next renewal.

Here are just a few of the comments/excuses they keep going with:

1. Our losses are all to elite QBs, meaning Eli and Dalton have been elevated to elite.
  2. non-stop whining about the referees
  3. non-stop whing about injuries.
  4. discussion about how good the defense looked against the titans.
  5. Shutting down callers that pointed out the Eagles trashed the Eli led Giants
  6. Shutting down callers comparing the dolphins performance against the titans to the Bills
  7. Shutting down callers who suggest that the Falcons and Jets don't seem to be suffering "growing pains" from regime change.
  8. Claiming any disappointmentss in the performance so far are just a result of overly ambitious expectations.

Three and three isn't a disaster and I am not in the camp calling for firing anyone. But the team has been underwhelming and two games out of second place in the loss column in the division in week 6 is pretty disappointing.

Some irony coming to this site to complain about the exact list of excuses being posted here each day.

You assume a lot. I already don't listen to WGR for long stretches. I certainly don't look for outrage. As for Pegula State Radio I suppose that is a danger. But even when the Bills were on 97 Rock, WGR was not so much interested in the truth as ginning up discontent.