Jets are the new Bullies in the AFC East

Nihilarian

I understand that. My disdain for the Pats holds no bounds. I think the Bills will take care of the JETS all by themselves (or so I hope).

The way the AFC is right now, the Bills still hold the 6th best overall record (mitigated by teams with a bye)

Yeah, but the Bills would NOT make the playoffs if they started today. In the way you are ranking teams the Colts would lose a tiebreaker with the Bills, but in playoff seeding the Colts go because they would have won theirdivision and the Jets and Steelers are the WC teams. But that's telling in and of itself. The WC teams look to be coming from the AFCE&N. San Diego could still make a run though, but that's about it. The AFCS is a mess and I think the Colts will clinch it with their 7th or 8th win. So the Bills have a fighting chance at a WC if they can take care of the Jets. Oddly, I think the other playoff teams can already be predicted with near certainty: Pats, Colts, Broncos, Bengals, Steelers. That leaves the Jets, Chargers and Bills fighting for the other spot. Edited by BarleyNY

Yeah, but the Bills would NOT make the playoffs if they started today. In the way you are ranking teams the Colts would lose a tiebreaker with the Bills, but in playoff seeding the Colts go because they would have won theirdivision and the Jets and Steelers are the WC teams. But that's telling in and of itself. The WC teams look to be coming from the AFCE&N. San Diego could still make a run though, but that's about it. The AFCS is a mess and I think the Colts will clinch it with their 7th or 8th win. So the Bills have a fighting chance at a WC if they can take care of the Jets. Oddly, I think the other playoff teams can already be predicted with near certainty: Pats, Colts, Broncos, Bengals, Steelers. That leaves the Jets, Chargers and Bills fighting for the other spot.

that is why talk of playoffs at this time is silly.

Win games and let the rest sort itself out.

Realistically I don't think the Bills " should beat" anyone right now. I won't root for the Pats to win, I'll just accept that they likely will win vs Jets and the Bills will benefit from that. Can't see getting better than a split with the Jets this year and think the Bills likely get handed a lopsided defeat @ NYJ.

Dennis Thurmon has a disconnect with the scheme & the players & they are not playing to the players strength's !!

Which all's they need to do is WATCH LAST YEARS TAPE & they will see what they need to do !!

Wake up Rex ! Look at the obvious !!

Jets will be 10-5 worst coming into Buffalo in the final week. If the Bills don't sweep them, playoffs will probably be impossible for us yet again.

I'm not saying this to be a debbie-downer...I'm really not...But I think the Playoffs are already all but impossible...Too many key injuries, and it's only Week 7...

I would love to be an optimist...I really would...But I don't see it...If the Defense was playing out-of-their-minds-good at this point I could definitely hold out hope...But it's not...And I think Rex's system is just a bad fit for the personnel on the D side...I honestly don't give them any better than a 50/50 shot to beat the Jags Sunday...They are SO banged up right now on Offense it's almost laughable if it was not so depressing...And if they lose that game, I think they're done...I know that sounds ridiculous with 9 games remaining...But 3-4, and 1-3 at Home, with the stretch coming up after the Fish Home game that will see the Bills play 5 of 6 on the Road including at the Jets and Pats...The only way they have even an outside chance at a Playoff spot is to hit that stretch at 5-3...And even then it will be tough for them to come out of that stretch better than 8-6...This team, as it is currently, is not beating the Jets at NY, and definitely not beating the Pats in NE...The Redskins are tough on Defense, the Eagles are getting better, and it's never exactly easy to win at KC...Even if they do come out of that stretch at 8-6 they still have to beat the Jets at home and a Cowboys team that will have Romo and Dez back in order to get to 10-6...I just don't see it...Not the way this team is playing now...

Sure the Bills can get better...I'm 100% sure they will get healthier eventually because how can it get much worse? But I just don't hold out much hope for this team, this year...I know a lot of people are optimistic about the AFC currently, and being 3-3 right now...I look at it more like they should be 2-4 if it was not for a super conservative HC in Tennessee who basically gave us the game by not being more aggressive early on when they had the Bills D on the ropes...The Bills are just not very good right now...and the surprise to me is the Defense...I don't care how good the Offenses are that have carved them up...If you build a team around a Defense and they can't stop good Offenses at Home I don't think there is much hope...I really don't...

I feel like I've seen this movie before and I'm all out of optimism... B-)

I'm not saying this to be a debbie-downer...I'm really not...But I think the Playoffs are already all but impossible...Too many key injuries, and it's only Week 7...

I would love to be an optimist...I really would...But I don't see it...If the Defense was playing out-of-their-minds-good at this point I could definitely hold out hope...But it's not...And I think Rex's system is just a bad fit for the personnel on the D side...I honestly don't give them any better than a 50/50 shot to beat the Jags Sunday...They are SO banged up right now on Offense it's almost laughable if it was not so depressing...And if they lose that game, I think they're done...I know that sounds ridiculous with 9 games remaining...But 3-4, and 1-3 at Home, with the stretch coming up after the Fish Home game that will see the Bills play 5 of 6 on the Road including at the Jets and Pats...The only way they have even an outside chance at a Playoff spot is to hit that stretch at 5-3...And even then it will be tough for them to come out of that stretch better than 8-6...This team, as it is currently, is not beating the Jets at NY, and definitely not beating the Pats in NE...The Redskins are tough on Defense, the Eagles are getting better, and it's never exactly easy to win at KC...Even if they do come out of that stretch at 8-6 they still have to beat the Jets at home and a Cowboys team that will have Romo and Dez back in order to get to 10-6...I just don't see it...Not the way this team is playing now...

Sure the Bills can get better...I'm 100% sure they will get healthier eventually because how can it get much worse? But I just don't hold out much hope for this team, this year...I know a lot of people are optimistic about the AFC currently, and being 3-3 right now...I look at it more like they should be 2-4 if it was not for a super conservative HC in Tennessee who basically gave us the game by not being more aggressive early on when they had the Bills D on the ropes...The Bills are just not very good right now...and the surprise to me is the Defense...I don't care how good the Offenses are that have carved them up...If you build a team around a Defense and they can't stop good Offenses at Home I don't think there is much hope...I really don't...

My question is can the bills make the playoffs with a 10-6 record....which is right about where I have them.

A couple of comments

- I certainly am not going to blase you as I feel your one of the more level headed posters we have here

- We are 3-3.....if we can find a way to crawl through this next game 4-3

- The injuries on this team cannot just be disregrarded....people cannot say "yeah I know we have injuries but".....no....there is no BUT.....we are missing our top 2 wideouts......an extremely valuable RB........our OL coach has been out.......our starting safety......if we can just get through this next game players are going to start to come back

- Our beginning schedule as far as facing good qbs has been pretty brutal......

There is lots of reasons for optomism if we can just get away from this injury bug......guys like Rambo will get better in the system with more playing time.....McKelvin is coming back.....

Its not over yet...not by a long shot

I gotta say I was never in the playoffs camp as this team simply did not build the offensive up enough to properly run Greg Romans power run scheme. IMO While the left side of the line improved a lot the right side is still quite bad. The run game looks so good because the QB was the leading rusher in the Tennessee game, and he runs quite a bit. Then both McCoy, Karlos are making the line look better then it really is with their moves, and power

Going into this season thinking that this years defense was going to be special, as in 85 Bears special. This years defense is not only not special, its not even that good in any aspect. This years defense is trying to run soft coverage schemes, and is just not getting any pressure on the QB. Against the Bengals that 2014 #1 team in sacks was only able to get one stinking lousy pressure on QB Andy Dalton

The special teams stinks too, as in another area where the team was one of the best is now only mediocre at 20th or so, and if not for the punter being the MVP of almost every game they would be even worse.

Then you have all the injuries to the skill players #1 WR Watkins seems like he is always injured, #2 WR Percy Harvin is now gone for who knows how long. #4 WR Marquise Goodwin on IR. RB's McCoy still battling an injury, and Karlos Williams still out in concussion protocol. The latter might be a continuing problem considering the way the guy runs.

If all that weren't enough then there is the league leading penalty situation with this team that keeps shooting themselves in the foot with game after game.

Murderers row coming up after the bye week with three straight AFC East games. week 9 Miami at home, week 10 @ Jets, week 11 @ NE

At this point its looking more like 8-8, and so much will still depend on "IF" Rex Ryan can fix his defense, and "IF" he can fix the penalty situation! And "IF" he can fix the special teams by wedging his foot squarely up Crossman's arse!

I gotta say I was never in the playoffs camp as this team simply did not build the offensive up enough to properly run Greg Romans power run scheme. IMO While the left side of the line improved a lot the right side is still quite bad. The run game looks so good because the QB was the leading rusher in the Tennessee game, and he runs quite a bit. Then both McCoy, Karlos are making the line look better then it really is with their moves, and power

Going into this season thinking that this years defense was going to be special, as in 85 Bears special. This years defense is not only not special, its not even that good in any aspect. This years defense is trying to run soft coverage schemes, and is just not getting any pressure on the QB. Against the Bengals that 2014 #1 team in sacks was only able to get one stinking lousy pressure on QB Andy Dalton

The special teams stinks too, as in another area where the team was one of the best is now only mediocre at 20th or so, and if not for the punter being the MVP of almost every game they would be even worse.

Then you have all the injuries to the skill players #1 WR Watkins seems like he is always injured, #2 WR Percy Harvin is now gone for who knows how long. #4 WR Marquise Goodwin on IR. RB's McCoy still battling an injury, and Karlos Williams still out in concussion protocol. The latter might be a continuing problem considering the way the guy runs.

If all that weren't enough then there is the league leading penalty situation with this team that keeps shooting themselves in the foot with game after game.

Murderers row coming up after the bye week with three straight AFC East games. week 9 Miami at home, week 10 @ Jets, week 11 @ NE

At this point its looking more like 8-8, and so much will still depend on "IF" Rex Ryan can fix his defense, and "IF" he can fix the penalty situation! And "IF" he can fix the special teams by wedging his foot squarely up Crossman's arse!

Yes because Miami has shown itself to be such a juggernaut and because the Jets have had such a strong schedule