What I see the Pats do differently

GoBills!

I know the patriots are hated and cheaters but after following them closely this year. Offensively they are smart......With 2 mins left on the clock in the first half Brady lead them down the field to get points before halftime. They drive like its the final mins of the game, getting out of bounds are much as possible while using the middle when open. But with under 50 seconds to go Brady throw a pass to the corner of the endzone only his WR would ever be able to get, of-course he gets a flag as its the endzone heavily watched and the pass sails out of bounds. They only end up getting 3 points but you can see when they take the timeouts they planning. They are smart with the ball and put the D in positions to commit fouls or mistakes to their advantage. We dont seem to use there times to be smart and gain yards or test the D with a non-catchable ball that may draw a flag to move them down the field.

Basically watching them more the ball with a game plan and throws that 30% or more of the time will draw flags they achieve success. also when the DB's are pushed back taking advantage of a simple 4 yard toss they are able to control the clock and work the field.

We need to play smarter and with that we will be better....

I know the patriots are hated and cheaters but after following them closely this year. Offensively they are smart......With 2 mins left on the clock in the first half Brady lead them down the field to get points before halftime. They drive like its the final mins of the game, getting out of bounds are much as possible while using the middle when open. But with under 50 seconds to go Brady throw a pass to the corner of the endzone only his WR would ever be able to get, of-course he gets a flag as its the endzone heavily watched and the pass sails out of bounds. They only end up getting 3 points but you can see when they take the timeouts they planning. They are smart with the ball and put the D in positions to commit fouls or mistakes to their advantage. We dont seem to use there times to be smart and gain yards or test the D with a non-catchable ball that may draw a flag to move them down the field.

Basically watching them more the ball with a game plan and throws that 30% or more of the time will draw flags they achieve success. also when the DB's are pushed back taking advantage of a simple 4 yard toss they are able to control the clock and work the field.

We need to play smarter and with that we will be better....

We have a dumb-ass coach. Better get used to D-A play.

They play to win the game and attack

I agree they take advantage in the small things going on in the game and the situations almost like smart calculated odds...I dont understand why we dont do the same... Im not a NFL guru but I watch enough to see these details and how they execute the basics to win the big prize..

There's certainly something to what you're saying. I'd wager that it stems largely from continuity and experience. Teams that are good year after year after year usually have very slow turnover in marquee players, coaches and front office personnel. The better you know your people, scheme, etc. the easier it is to see who and what fits and what doesn't. You also can devote time and energy to finer points and additional areas that can help you win.

Many owners are not patient so unless a head coach/franchise QB combo hits there is often constant turnover and no continuity.

The Patriots are prepared for every situation. Belichick seems to have a 6th sense for how a game unfolds. Rex Ryan is a DC, not a head coach with a feel, or vision for the game on both sides of the ball. His dad was the same way.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Chandler looks like he has been fully patriotized. He acts like edelman. Idk. I hate them. They win. We trip over ourselves 5 and ten yards at a time, giving away free forst downs and points.

They do love to embellish on plays... I used to play AAA hockey and hated those guys that would dive all over to get penalties....I feel they do that alot and set lots of picks...

Chandler looks like he has been fully patriotized. He acts like edelman. Idk. I hate them. They win. We trip over ourselves 5 and ten yards at a time, giving away free forst downs and points.

I'm sure he is having the time of his life. Edited by HoF Watkins

There's certainly something to what you're saying. I'd wager that it stems largely from continuity and experience. Teams that are good year after year after year usually have very slow turnover in marquee players, coaches and front office personnel. The better you know your people, scheme, etc. the easier it is to see who and what fits and what doesn't.

I agree completely. Brady in particular. The advantage he has playing in the same system as long as he has, it today's NFL that has to be extreme. Obviously the only way to earn that advantage is by playing great year after year. I don't expect it will end anytime soon either. The guy never gets hit and still has a very live arm. He will play into his 40's. I want to puke for saying this as it's the first time, but he plays until he's 40 and holds a reasonable pace, I don't know how he isn't the GOAT.

I would take our defense and every player on our team including our coaches over the Pats personnel except for Gronk and Brady.

Football comes down to a game of whoever has the better qb will win 90% of the time. Its that simple.

I like our qb, he's a little banged up right now but i think you'll see him develop a lot between now and year's end. We need this bye week.

It also helps they've been running the same systems for, what, 16 years? The Bills seem to have a new offensive and defensive system every year or two. They're perpetually learning and never comfortable - particularly on offense.

We fans always rip on the QBs but when is the last time we saw a QB in the same system for 3+ years? Time enough for him to get comfortable and stop thinking. Fitz with Chan? Before that, maybe Bledsoe with Gilbride? In the last 15 years it hasn't happened much, which is one of the major reasons we lack any sort of consistency.

It also helps they've been running the same systems for, what, 16 years? The Bills seem to have a new offensive and defensive system every year or two. They're perpetually learning and never comfortable - particularly on offense.

We fans always rip on the QBs but when is the last time we saw a QB in the same system for 3+ years? Time enough for him to get comfortable and stop thinking. Fitz with Chan? Before that, maybe Bledsoe with Gilbride? In the last 15 years it hasn't happened much, which is one of the major reasons we lack any sort of consistency.

Problem is, none of our coaches OR QBs have been worth KEEPING.

Problem is, none of our coaches OR QBs have been worth KEEPING.

Maybe, maybe not. I'm of the opinion that if you hire a coach you give him 3 years. Otherwise you're just getting yourself into a cycle of never having any continuity. You see the effects of this with the Bills the last 15 years. Everybody wants to easy fix and if it doesn't come with one guy, bring in another! It's a tiresome cycle that many here are wanting to repeat right now. After 6 games (and a .500 record) you already have people wanting to fire the HC.

Maybe, maybe not. I'm of the opinion that if you hire a coach you give him 3 years. Otherwise you're just getting yourself into a cycle of never having any continuity. You see the effects of this with the Bills the last 15 years. Everybody wants to easy fix and if it doesn't come with one guy, bring in another! It's a tiresome cycle that many here are wanting to repeat right now. After 6 games (and a .500 record) you already have people wanting to fire the HC.

OK, so, which of our past coaches would you have kept?

Williams?

Gailey?

Jauron?

Mularkey?

I could see maybe Wade Phillips.

They also run pick plays on 70% of their plays! They get tagged once in a while, but they know the refs won't call it every time. So they take their medicine once in a game and get away with the rest of them.

The Patriots have always had quite a bit of turnover. They're actually known for that.

OK, so, which of our past coaches would you have kept?

Williams?

Gailey?

Jauron?

Mularkey?

I could see maybe Wade Phillips.

None of those guys looked good and I could bring up valid arguments as to why they sucked but much of it had to do with the talent at key positions. None of those rosters were like the one we have now. Did any of those guys have stable QB situation? Have any head coaches have lasted for a prolonged stretch without a quality signal caller? So is firing the HC the right move when there is really no way for him to have prolonged success? I'm sure the legacy of all of those guys would have been vastly different had the Bills managed to draft a quality QB. Yet we perpetually blame the HC, fire him, then rinse and repeat when they'd be better off trying to keep some sort of consistency.

Take a look at Marvin Lewis. In his first 6 seasons with the Bengals they had one winning season. Yet they stayed the course and they've made it into the post season 5 of the last 6 years (and are well on their way this year.) Consistency is huge and while you can't give every coach 7 years to get things turned around you also can't be firing them every 2-3 years either.

On top of it within those coaching reigns those coaches were firing OCs and DCs on a pretty consistent basis. The lack of continuity was/is ridiculous. Have the Bills O or D gotten to play in the same system for 3 or more years in the past 16 seasons? The only one I can think of is Gaily's offense.

I realize I'm in the minority on this as most want to express their anger at the futility of every Bills' season with FIRE EVERYBODY! but I just don't think it's the best way of sustained success.