EJ Maneul stinks out loud.

ScrewyLouie

Oh, and ScrewyLouie - EJ was a number one pick. Taking a QB early in the draft is not the answer. Taking a good QB would be a better idea.

The question is which one to draft. I remember Alex Van Pelt said he really like Joe Flacco. But because we already had Trent Edwards, they did not pull the trigger. They thought Trent Edwards was good enough. But we could have drafted Flacco anyway.

I also remember in the Philips Rivers and Eli Manning draft, we could have traded up to get Roethlisberger but did not pull the trigger.

We have to keep drafting more QB and often so we could increase the odd of hitting one. We have no other choice.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is that whomever the Bills draft will immediately be labeled a bust by half of the people on this board. He will not be allowed time to develop into an NFL QB and he will be nit picked on every single throw, hand off, interview, facebook post and bowel movement.

c'mon man. bills fans are generally the model for patience. they have to be or they'd have stopped watching long ago. the guy has had enough time and probably too much opportunity. I think many teams would have dumped him by now. i think the bills might have as well with a different gm that didn't spend such a high draft choice on him. if ej was a 3rd round pick, he'd likely be gone by now.

Just to be clear, are some of you really trying to say that we lost this game because of EJ?

If so, may I please be put under the category of those (if any) that have been fairly disappointed with this defense, even for various reasons during the Titans game?

No, I believe this thread was created as a response to all the comments throughout the week saying our offense would be dramatically improved from EJ being QB. How he should be the starter, and the what if he throws for 300+, 3+ TDs and runs for 65 yards comments. In fact, most in this thread have stated that EJ was okay and not the reason we lost, but they were also the ones who didn't expect him to have a career day in every major category.

Just to be clear, are some of you really trying to say that we lost this game because of EJ?

If so, may I please be put under the category of those (if any) that have been fairly disappointed with this defense, even for various reasons during the Titans game?

no, to me it's not an either/or question of did he or did he not lose the game does manuel stink as a qb is the question the op posed. I think he does.

I am curious. How many people think that an injured Taylor would have won yesterday's game?

The fact that our backup QB completed 67% of his passes for 263 yards while throwing a pick, a TD, and running for a TD (while working mostly with the 2nd team wideouts) against an undefeated team just doesn't sound to me like one of our biggest problems.

Agreed.

The fact that our backup QB completed 67% of his passes for 263 yards while throwing a pick, a TD, and running for a TD (while working mostly with the 2nd team wideouts) against an undefeated team just doesn't sound to me like one of our biggest problems.

That's not lost on me. It is however lost on those that talk like knuckleheads who think EJ was completing short passes to "pad his stats", while only completing 2/3s of his passes to Andy Dalton's magnificent 67% :blink: and fewer yards. EJ hasn't played in a year. Dalton's on a roll and by all accounts having the season of his life. EJ could have won the game for us yesterday, but he didn't. He could have lost the game for us yesterday, but he didn't.

All three losses this year have been to teams with head coaches and front offices that have been fixtures for years, strong defenses and excellent Quarterbacks. The Bills fans want to dump their and their favorite whipping boy at each and ever loss. That's a blueprint for something but not building a winner in the NFL.

I'm no great fan of Manuel, but he led two legit, long TD drives in the first half. He made a good run to the endzone for one score and made a good play to get it to Watkins for the other (and it wasn't a bad pass; Watkins hurt his ankle long before the ball arrived). 2 TDs in the first half is better than league average. In fact, if we averaged two TDs a half (28 pts per game) people would think we have a good offense. When he got the ball next, the Bills were down by 2 scores, and garbage time quickly ensued.

He's not great, but he was OK yesterday. He did what a backup is supposed to do - lead the team to ~20 points with minimal turnovers (one TO is acceptable), with the ultimate objective of getting the team to .500 in the games he plays.

Nice post, and I agree. I don't want to see him starting, but I'm OK with him being the backup.

Why does there need to be ONE reason the team lost the game? There are multiple reasons that the team lost and folks in this thread are simply arguing EJ was one of them.

No, I believe this thread was created as a response to all the comments throughout the week saying our offense would be dramatically improved from EJ being QB. How he should be the starter, and the what if he throws for 300+, 3+ TDs and runs for 65 yards comments. In fact, most in this thread have stated that EJ was okay and not the reason we lost, but they were also the ones who didn't expect him to have a career day in every major category.

Yep. Everyone SHOULD be on the same page now that reality has set in. Will they? Highly unlikely, at least not yet.

c'mon man. bills fans are generally the model for patience. they have to be or they'd have stopped watching long ago. the guy has had enough time and probably too much opportunity. I think many teams would have dumped him by now. i think the bills might have as well with a different gm that didn't spend such a high draft choice on him. if ej was a 3rd round pick, he'd likely be gone by now.

:w00t:

That's not lost on me. It is however lost on those that talk like knuckleheads who think EJ was completing short passes to "pad his stats", while only completing 2/3s of his passes to Andy Dalton's magnificent 67% :blink: and fewer yards. EJ hasn't played in a year. Dalton's on a roll and by all accounts having the season of his life. EJ could have won the game for us yesterday, but he didn't. He could have lost the game for us yesterday, but he didn't.

All three losses this year have been to teams with head coaches and front offices that have been fixtures for years, strong defenses and excellent Quarterbacks. The Bills fans want to dump their and their favorite whipping boy at each and ever loss. That's a blueprint for something but not building a winner in the NFL.

EJ played well and was accurate in throwing the Ball because his completion and yardage stats looked like Daltons . Now I got it.