Watkins: "I need 10 targets... You're making me look bad."

johnwalter

yeah, I think you're right - he maybe took a subtle shot at QB play last year, but don't recall it being an issue or anything - maybe just after a particularly frustrating outing. Overall, I think he's handled himself well. Hope you are wrong about the ability vs. trust thing - time will tell I suppose.

I've watched TT (though only 2 and a bit games with Watkins) and you can tell he doesn't look for him. Too many plays it is obvious from the get go that if a passing play it is called for someone else. To me that is the OC's responsibility.

Edited by Billsfan1972

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've watched TT (though only 2 and a bit games with Watkins) and you can tell he doesn't look for him. Too many plays it is obvious from the get go that if a passing play it is called for someone else. To me that is the OC's responsibility.

I've went to two games so far and I have seen Sammy talking to Tyrod after several plays and it seems like this puts it together. He is open, he wants the ball, Tyrod just isn't progressing through his reads and throwing him the ball. Whether we would be better off if he did is another question, but I have to think Sammy would do better for us with more targets.

Edited by What a Tuel

I recall him taking shots at EJ through the media last year, although I can't provide specifics dates. I do remember threads about it on here, though.

And I agree that Sammy is correct. However, the issue with Taylor isn't trust ... it's ability.

I guess you're talking about the things he said about the transition from EJ to Orton.

Sammy needs to realize he's playing with the big boys in the NFL. Sammy isnt even the best WR from Clemson playing the league right now. The great one's flat out ball. Dinged, nicked, sprained they still rise to the occasion. Think Thomas, and Dez, Julio, Megatron, OBJ, Cobb, dont take a lot of shots on all those catches? I like the attitude by Sammy, now hes just got go out and do it. He needs that switch to come on like it did with Moulds. Until he puts up a great season,his potential will remain ahead of his production.

HE.... IS... OPEN....90%+....OF....THE....TIME.... . He is "doing it". He is doing everything a receiver is supposed to do. He can't throw the ball to himself. What else is he supposed to do? Run over and steal the ball from the quarterback?

HE.... IS... OPEN....90%+....OF....THE....TIME.... . He is "doing it". He is doing everything a receiver is supposed to do. He can't throw the ball to himself. What else is he supposed to do? Run over and steal the ball from the quarterback?

Not to mention the absurdity of the moulds comparison, as Sammy did triple (quadruple?) what moulds did in his first two years combined.

If a top 5 season in moulds career is considered having the lights off.... Well....

Is he playing tomorrow?

He is listed as questionable but he seems fairly certain he is playing.

Sammy Watkins (calf) is questionable for Week 6 against the Bengals.

He's been practicing all week and fully expects to make his return after missing the past two games.

Once is plenty. How many times have you had broken ribs, then played in NFL games?

According to Sammy, after his rib re-injury, he said it was initially a "contusion". He said the re-injury was "deeper". Never mentioned fracture. Neither did the team.

He would have missed games with a fracture. Evenso, it wouldn't be a 16 week injury.

According to Sammy, after his rib re-injury, he said it was initially a "contusion". He said the re-injury was "deeper". Never mentioned fracture. Neither did the team.

He would have missed games with a fracture. Evenso, it wouldn't be a 16 week injury.

We have a friend who is a retired pediatric neuro-radiologist. When our son had a football injury he explained that on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the most serious, a bad bone bruise is like a 5 and a break is like a 6. They are very similar, and wimps don't run out there risking rib shots when they're in that condition. The question is can you make it worse? Hamstrings, groins, and calf injuries are tricky stuff. It's not because he's a wimp.

Thank you, sir.

I saw that, then looked at the other links. No mention from Sammy or the team saying fracture of rib at the time of first or second injury. Even so, with repect to the radiologist (who would confirm the absence of a fracture), the claim was that he played 16 weeks with a cracked rib. I'm doubting that was the case.

I saw that, then looked at the other links. No mention from Sammy or the team saying fracture of rib at the time of first or second injury. Even so, with repect to the radiologist (who would confirm the absence of a fracture), the claim was that he played 16 weeks with a cracked rib. I'm doubting that was the case.

Who claimed he played all 16 weeks with broken ribs? The injury was preseason. Recovery took some time, and he played through it. You prefer ignoring that, despite the pain involved. That's fine. You can have an opinion. Do you have a specific point?