Watkins' post-practice hot takes

The Big Cat

IF they are thinking of playing Tyrod and have him work from the pocket all game.....please just play EJ and let TT heal.....

TT's inability to make plays happen with his legs takes away half of his effectiveness........we would be better off working with a QB that actually works from the pocket......and get TT back on the field healthy after the by.

jmo

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IF they are thinking of playing Tyrod and have him work from the pocket all game.....please just play EJ and let TT heal.....

TT's inability to make plays happen with his legs takes away half of his effectiveness........we would be better off working with a QB that actually works from the pocket......and get TT back on the field healthy after the by.

jmo

Agreed, TT's game is all about his mobility. Play EJ and what happens happens.

I'd be okay with not trying to win this game at all costs...

Sit Watkins

Sit Taylor

Sit Mccoy

Sit Karlos

Let's get people healthy, after the Bengals we get Jacksonville followed by Miami followed by a bye. We should go 2-1 this stretch by resting these four players to get ready for our playoff run. Let's be smart.

I just read a quote by Watkins regarding his calf injury...."If it pops, it pops"....this is a terrible approach. This is not a playofff/must win game.

Sit Watkins

Sit Taylor

Sit Mccoy

Sit Karlos

Let's get people healthy, after the Bengals we get Jacksonville followed by Miami followed by a bye. We should go 2-1 this stretch by resting these four players to get ready for our playoff run. Let's be smart.

I just read a quote by Watkins regarding his calf injury...."If it pops, it pops"....this is a terrible approach. This is not a playofff/must win game.

Actually we get the Bengals, followed by Jacksonville, followed by our bye, then it's Miami.

Sit Watkins

Sit Taylor

Sit Mccoy

Sit Karlos

58514257.jpg

Sit Watkins

Sit Taylor

Sit Mccoy

Sit Karlos

that quote was kind of taken out of context. He will play if and only if he's cleared by the doctors. He feels he will be cleared. He was asked if he is worried about the calf. He said he isn't worried. That quote followed - every player wants to play and can't go out there playing scared.

that quote was kind of taken out of context. He will play if and only if he's cleared by the doctors. He feels he will be cleared. He was asked if he is worried about the calf. He said he isn't worried. That quote followed - every player wants to play and can't go out there playing scared.

My point is to not rush anyone back for the Bengals game. If an extra week allows our main guys to get closer to 100%, I think it makes strategic sense. I dont think all players listed need to sit out the next four weeks, but should be either eased back in when they are actually ready.

The worst thing that could happen Sunday, would be for Watkins to play, get injured, miss extended time, and the Bills still lose. We need to be smart. Rushing Mccoy back was a blunder... a hamstring injury for a rb needs to heal, and then needs an extra week to heal to the point where it won't be re-injured.

So far this year our staff has not been smart dealing with injuries... Aaron Williams was rushed back, Mccoy was rushed back, Taylor was put in a passing play after getting hurt, Karlos somehow finished the game with a concussion. I think Rex is treating these regular season games like must win playoff games, we gotta smarten up

My point is to not rush anyone back for the Bengals game. If an extra week allows our main guys to get closer to 100%, I think it makes strategic sense. I dont think all players listed need to sit out the next four weeks, but should be either eased back in when they are actually ready.

The worst thing that could happen Sunday, would be for Watkins to play, get injured, miss extended time, and the Bills still lose. We need to be smart. Rushing Mccoy back was a blunder... a hamstring injury for a rb needs to heal, and then needs an extra week to heal to the point where it won't be re-injured.

So far this year our staff has not been smart dealing with injuries... Aaron Williams was rushed back, Mccoy was rushed back, Taylor was put in a passing play after getting hurt, Karlos somehow finished the game with a concussion. I think Rex is treating these regular season games like must win playoff games, we gotta smarten up

We are going in to this game with the expectation of winning. If Watkins feels good, he's playing. If McCoy or Williams can play, they are going to play. You can't be scared of injuries.

every week? Ever watch the Browns?

They are 8th in the NFL in offense at 377+ yards a game. Hell Houston is 4th at 396 yards per game. DeAndre Hopkins is a stud at WR but they have no QB...bottom line is we should be a lot better than we are on offense with the talent we have.

We are going in to this game with the expectation of winning. If Watkins feels good, he's playing. If McCoy or Williams can play, they are going to play. You can't be scared of injuries.

So if I told you that Watkins is good to go for the game. However he has a 30% chance of reinjury causing him to be out 6-8 weeks

OR

Watkins sits out one more week and his chance of reinjury goes down to 5%/game

Which do you pick?

Obviously this is hypothetical/made up numbers, but I think this needs to be accounted for. If we had rested Mccoy an extra week before pushing him, he's most likely not out with a hamstring the next two weeks

They are 8th in the NFL in offense at 377+ yards a game. Hell Houston is 4th at 396 yards per game. DeAndre Hopkins is a stud at WR but they have no QB...bottom line is we should be a lot better than we are on offense with the talent we have.

Well, for starters, both of those teams lose a lot, so they rack up points against soft defenses that just want to keep the ball in play during garbage time.

Secondly...seriously? Do you seriously wish we could switch spots with the Browns and/or...THE TEXANS!?

I mean, you're trolling, right? You have to be trolling.

So if I told you that Watkins is good to go for the game. However he has a 30% chance of reinjury causing him to be out 6-8 weeks

OR

Which do you pick?

Obviously this is hypothetical/made up numbers, but I think this needs to be accounted for. If we had rested Mccoy an extra week before pushing him, he's most likely not out with a hamstring the next two weeks

I reject your supposition that the exact consideration you're calling for isn't already being made.

Well, for starters, both of those teams lose a lot, so they rack up points against soft defenses that just want to keep the ball in play during garbage time.

Secondly...seriously? Do you seriously wish we could switch spots with the Browns and/or...THE TEXANS!?

I reject your supposition that the exact consideration you're calling for isn't already being made.

Not at all do I want to switch positions..I just get tired of seeing the offense disappear for large stretches of games where we can't even get a first down...how many years are we going to have to go through this until we can have an offense that can at least maintain its own for the majority of our games?

I mean how many times are we going to have to watch this offense struggle to hit 70 yards in the first half and get blanked on the scoreboard?

Edited by matter2003

Here is what I don't understand...how do teams like Cleveland with far less talent overall even with Watkins out roll up yards and points every week??

Because McCown is averaging about 300 YPG with his arm alone. That's including his 49 yards in week 1.

In comparison, TT is averaging about 200 YPG passing.

Still, if the Bills are taking this into account, so far they've made the wrong decisions by rushing guys back. Going forward I'd prefer to look at the next 3 game stretch and be realistic trying to win 2 of 3. The best way to do this is to have your guys as close to 100% as you can get them

OR

Which do you pick?

Where do you come up with the 30%? None of these guys will play until cleared by doctors to begin with. Then the trainers run them through their paces to be certain they can play but mostly, it comes down to how well the player feels. If they feel like they can go without re-injury they do it. Being overly cautious does not win football games. This is a brutal sport and the way to win is to dish out more beatings than you receive. Backing down is not how you go about this.

McCoy felt he could go and it turns out he was wrong. That happens. And as it turns out Karlos came right in and contributed nicely. I'm not saying that injuries should be ignored, but some of these guys have all ready been resting. They know that re-injuring themselves is bad for the team and for themselves. They aren't stupid. If they feel good, bottom line is they should jump right back in.

step away from the stats. Ever watch the Browns?