Aaron Williams to IR-DTR; Out for the Season

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
From what Whaley said, I hope it's not career-threatening but a competitive player like Aaron Williams doesn't talk about retirement unless he's really feeling something off with his body. Aaron said that his doctors told him he might not be able to play again so unless there was a big change in opinions, I'm very confused. He's my favorite player on the defense after Gilmore and would love to see him playing for us again, but I think they really need to consider bringing in at least a veteran safety that isn't too expensive just to have some depth in the event Aaron Williams really can't play again, because at the very least it seems there is a big risk of that occurring.

He should really consider retirement.

Not a doctor but that tackle that paralyzed him.........he would have made AT LEAST 100 more physical tackles than that in Rex D over the course of this year.

As discussed in that Joey Bosa leading with the helmet thread........AW is a prime example of how leading with the helmet has to end.

Players need helmets so they don't get kicked, kneed, elbowed or punched in their face/temple.........but the helmet is used as a weapon.

I love the violence of those hits but it's just gotta end.

Too bad, the because the guy probably had a 10 year career in the league if not for those diving, head first hits.

Not really looking forward to the era of a hundred hug tackles every game but it's coming.

Edited by #BADOL

I love Aaron Williams, but we cannot go into camp with him as the starter. Need to get a new starting safety.

better be very alert this possibility for sure JR !!

Not a doctor but that tackle that paralyzed him.........he would have made AT LEAST 100 more physical tackles than that in Rex D over the course of this year.

As discussed in that Joey Bosa leading with the helmet thread........AW is a prime example of how leading with the helmet has to end.

Players need helmets so they don't get kicked, kneed, elbowed or punched in their face/temple.........but the helmet is used as a weapon.

I love the violence of those hits but it's just gotta end.

Too bad, the because the guy probably had a 10 year career in the league if not for those diving, head first hits.

Not really looking forward to the era of a hundred hug tackles every game but it's coming.

he did not lead with the helmet. It was a picture perfect text book tackle. The injury occurred when he landed, as per Aaron.

Even though he was late getting over ( another painful communication error) he tackled with perfect form. Watch it again. No helmet hit.

ps edit

He wrapped him and pulled him down. I recall being all wtf why is he laying there?

sad day for sure.

and Badol i sure agree conceptually about the helmet leading tackles. and now the low tackles are coming.

Might as well put a riflery target on instead of a uniform so players can tackle safely and legally

Edited by 3rdand12

better be very alert this possibility for sure JR !!

he did not lead with the helmet. It was a picture perfect text book tackle. The injury occurred when he landed, as per Aaron.

Even though he was late getting over ( another painful communication error) he tackled with perfect form. Watch it again. No helmet hit.

ps edit

He wrapped him and pulled him down. I recall being all wtf why is he laying there?

sad day for sure.

and Badol i sure agree conceptually about the helmet leading tackles. and now the low tackles are coming.

Might as well put a riflery target on instead of a uniform so players can tackle safely and legally

He hurt his neck early in the 2014 season......on a tackle made leading with his head.

Looked like a concussion when it happened.

I was surprised he didn't go on IR that year.

He hurt his neck early in the 2014 season......on a tackle made leading with his head.

Looked like a concussion when it happened.

I was surprised he didn't go on IR that year.

Excellent point, and a fact.

i did not realize you were referencing that play.

I apologise bud !