I'm coming to Buffalo

BuckeyeBill

Life-long Bills fan here, but now living far away in Virginia. My wife and son have never been to a game, so I decided to change that and got us three tickets for the Bills/Bengals game!

So excited for this experience, as they've never been around 75,000 screaming fans...

Make me proud Buffalo! Maybe the Bills can pull the upset, but either way the trip will be well worth it. Go Bills!

Life-long Bills fan here, but now living far away in Virginia. My wife and son have never been to a game, so I decided to change that and got us three tickets for the Bills/Bengals game!

So excited for this experience, as they've never been around 75,000 screaming fans...

Make me proud Buffalo! Maybe the Bills can pull the upset, but either way the trip will be well worth it. Go Bills!

where in Va? You driving?

C'ville is a great place. Going to see a show at the Paramount in Dec.

I live in Ashland (Center of the Universe) VA and am going to the game this weekend, too.

You need an extra driver/ passenger? I will drive for ride;)

Driving from Charlottesville

Assume you heading up 81, 522, 99, 219?

You need an extra driver/ passenger? I will drive for ride;)

Assume you heading up 81, 522, 99, 219?

Paul - you'd always be welcome if we were driving though I would probably have to pick up a bunch of Iomazenil https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01590277

but this time we are flying. Flying to London for work after the game and looking forward to NFL party, Bills parties, & Jags game next weekend...can't wait.

Paul - you'd always be welcome if we were driving though I would probably have to pick up a bunch of Iomazenil https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01590277

but this time we are flying. Flying to London for work after the game and looking forward to NFL party, Bills parties, & Jags game next weekend...can't wait.

Hmmm, wonder how to take that !!! Although that drug looks intersting!

Just remember, Bills won when you watched game with me. They lose and it on you !

I'm coming up as well from Long Island flying so don't have much of our own tailgate stuff any invites Or good suggestions on finding a fun group to welcome us to there tail gate looking to arrive early!

WE will be parking at Hammers . Put A TBD sign in your window and Parking attendants will send you in are direction. Pick up what you like to drink and we should have food to share. If interested send me a PM for more details.

And make sure your family is dressed properly ... "wintery mix" rain/sleet/a-few-flakes and cold (by Virginia standards anyway) is forecast so they will need to stay dry and warm :)

This is an understated big one. There is no one reason why anyone should be uncomfortable at a game because of the elements. Just be prepared and no fan or attendee should ever be "afraid" of the Buffalo weather.

A school buddy of mine came up from Miami a number of years ago for the phins game (that game we won and it snowed a lot...I know, I know, but I am serious. I just can't remember the game). He had a windbreaker, a button down and dress shoes.

I mean...come on.

I'm sorry, did I forget to mention we were sitting in the 300 level?

Make sure you park at Hammer's Lot, across from the Stadium on Abbott, for the full fan experience. (AKA The Pinto Ron Tailgate!) You can send a PM Hammered a Lot to let him know you are coming. Get there before 8:30am.

Buckey - unless your son is an adult, don't go to Hammers Lot. Sorry, PTR as I love your posts, but that is by far an adult lot. It is fun though, and if your son is 18, i agree with PTR. I would say before 8 am to get in as it fills up so fast.

Just remember, Bills won when you watched game with me. They lose and it on you !

You make a good point and I can be superstitious. So, I can invite you to a webex on Sun and you can focus your computer camera on the game and share it and we can watch it virtually while I am at the game.

Buckey - unless your son is an adult, don't go to Hammers Lot. Sorry, PTR as I love your posts, but that is by far an adult lot. It is fun though, and if your son is 18, i agree with PTR. I would say before 8 am to get in as it fills up so fast.

we have had kids with our group in the past. no problems.

And make sure your family is dressed properly ... "wintery mix" rain/sleet/a-few-flakes and cold (by Virginia standards anyway) is forecast so they will need to stay dry and warm :)

Looked around as I heard about this (I'm heading up to the game as well). Weather.com said just rain and accuweather.com was saying snow possibly. Haven't heard anything about a full wintry mix but if you have another source that is better about predicting Buffalo weather (haven't tried Buffalonews.com) please let me know (I'll admit I'm not the best at driving in snow/sleet type weather).

You make a good point and I can be superstitious. So, I can invite you to a webex on Sun and you can focus your computer camera on the game and share it and we can watch it virtually while I am at the game.

Done. And next time drive to the game Mr Richie Rich so us 99%ers can tag along!

we have had kids with our group in the past. no problems.

Was going to say... My 14 year old seemed unscathed after the Pats game Edited by plenzmd1

Oh, based on the subject I thought you might be a new player we just signed... :P

Congrats on the plans. I live in WNY and have only been to one game back in the 90's it was a blast. I'd love to get my boys out there for a game sometime.

Done. And next time drive to the game Mr Richie Rich so us 99%ers can tag along!

I will happily drive when the Bills start winning again regularly at home. That's an especially long and depressing drive after a loss.

Looked around as I heard about this (I'm heading up to the game as well). Weather.com said just rain and accuweather.com was saying snow possibly. Haven't heard anything about a full wintry mix but if you have another source that is better about predicting Buffalo weather (haven't tried Buffalonews.com) please let me know (I'll admit I'm not the best at driving in snow/sleet type weather).

The biggest thing is to set your weather app for Orchard Park, not Buffalo. The weather can be fairly different, believe it or not. But when the temp is in the low 40's with a 80% chance of precipitation, what you tend to end up with is a mix of rain sleet and maybe a few snow flakes. Not as bad as it sounds, IF you are dressed appropriately. If you are not it can be a miserable experience (not unlike losing badly to the Pats ;) ).

I'm in Indianapolis. I'm actually heading out there for this game too.

I brought my son to his first game when he was 10 or 11, spent all morning at the Pinto and it was fine. In fact all of the people there, before as well as after the game, went out of their way to make sure he was well fed (his favorites were the pizza and the bacon cooked on the Pinto, and still are! :) ) and taken care of. Of course you will see drunks there, it is a Bills home game after all. If you tailgate at all you are bound to see that. And the ketchup ceremony, how could any father not let his son experience that at least once :)

Edited by CodeMonkey