Media garbage:"Undisciplined Bills hold on to defeat Titans"

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's mostly just laziness to go along with the running storyline from last week, not any agenda against Rex

That's mostly in the fan base of other teams - generally speaking those fans of teams in the AFCE.

Well, we're #1 so far this year! :lol:

http://www.nflpenalties.com/index.php?view=total&year=2015

Maybe it portents great things.

That game was not undisciplined at all. We didnt start well, on all three units, which was disconcerting. But we were not undisciplined.

Part of all3 units slow start was the offsides on special teams, a drive extending penalty on 3rd down for the colts and a penalty pushing 3 and 9 to 3 and 14 (and after what should've been an easy sideline catch for clay).

They might not have been the most undisciplined we've seen them but it wasn't a GREAT showing. And at this point it's going to be a common headline given our reputation

I think it's mostly just laziness to go along with the running storyline from last week, not any agenda against Rex

Bingo. "Undisciplined" is the word of the year for the Bills so every lazy moron pretending to be a journalist for some crappy website is going to play off that all year. Get used to it.

How do we find some more disciplined writers?

As a society we've moved past the age of disciplined, intelligent writers. We just want sound-byte information as quickly as possible. Instead of journalists we now have 'media celebrities'. Basically, 90% of sports coverage now is Kardashians writing about football.

Agree with clownments feelings with the title of the article. It was worded intentionally to shape opinions, ir-regardless of the facts.

And sadly enough, the more people see biased titles, the stronger they feel its fact, even without: A . reading the article, or worse yet,

B. seeing the game.

This is a very, very old tried- and- true tactic of the media, be it written, or over a radio, or stronger still, tv. In a relatively short time, lots of people see a team that's just "undisciplined", "inferior", "a bunch of losers", "dumb".......... (lecture over, you get the idea)

Go Bills against the Bengals!

Maybe Connor Orr is injury prone. Is it too soon to call him a bust? He's been covering The League for more than four years. Do you think they'll extend him, e.g., "resign" him? :unsure: I'm sick of the Connor Orr apologists. He better start showing up. I'd trade him in a heartbeat for a Red Smith or Jim Murray.

The team as a whole was sloppy on those 3 quarters...ST coughed up the ball giving a TD. WRs were not open; OL did not give time or open holes and when holes were available the RBs couldn't hit them. Defense was actually the lone bright star during those 3 quarters. It is not all on Taylor. Taylor gets credit because he rose above all these problems and willed the team to a victory

Agree, good points.

Bingo. "Undisciplined" is the word of the year for the Bills so every lazy moron pretending to be a journalist for some crappy website is going to play off that all year. Get used to it.

As a society we've moved past the age of disciplined, intelligent writers. We just want sound-byte information as quickly as possible. Instead of journalists we now have 'media celebrities'. Basically, 90% of sports coverage now is Kardashians writing about football.

LOVE the second part of your post! LOL

Does the title of this article from nfl.com/NFL Moblie app really bother anyone else? I can see us being described as unprepared, underwhelming, underachieving, or outplayed, but undisciplined?? What about that performance was undisciplined?

To me this was a dominating defensive performance in which the Titans were held to two field goals except for the one time they had a short field from the turnover. Offense was obviously held in check, but had significant contributors out with injury. Special teams played well.

Seems like the media making up stories that aren't there to fit their agenda and take shots at Rex, which really bothers me after today's win.

I think this is a great win for this team, and I'm hoping it will show them that they can win, but that they're going to need to do more to be considered with the big boys.

they had at least 2 more ST penalties (maybe 3). they lost a fumble and had minimal return yards. titans also had a decent return or 2. not what i'd consider playing well. still a weak point and still feel they need to dump the ST coach.

they had at least 2 more ST penalties (maybe 3). they lost a fumble and had minimal return yards. titans also had a decent return or 2. not what i'd consider playing well. still a weak point and still feel they need to dump the ST coach.

On the whole, perhaps you're right. I was thinking more of Colton Schmidt I suppose. He had a big job to do in the first half making sure they weren't giving the titans good field position and he did a good job.

Are they really wrong? What would you call it?

The fantastic Bills?

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: This team is undisciplined, sloppy tackling and blocking, along with poor play calling.

The Cheatriots garnered on of the most flags in the league?

I may be wrong but I find it hard to believe based on the just give it to them history of the favoritism.

What is the Patriots Won - Loss record since 2000? And how many SB rings are they wearing?

we are an undisciplined team. we had to make it a major focus this week to not commit stupid penalties. the team went so far as to create "yes sir" wristbands, and use practice time for pushups instead of doing other things.

even if we werent a trainwreck on the field yesterday it effected the team this week in prep and we had a few, albeit not glaringly bad, moments still.

Edited by NoSaint

Wow, how far have the expectations fallen!? "A great win!?" Really!? Against the Titans!? C'mon man, you can't be serious.

This game should not have even been close....well, that's if the Bills were a good team, and serious contenders this year. Unless there's some miraculous turnaround THIS WEEK, and they beat the Bengals, they're not.

I stand by it. You're not going to dominate every week and you have to win games like this sometimes. Plenty of teams get outplayed, and the good ones find a way to win. I'm not saying the bills are great, nor that they could even be considered good at this point, but I call it a great win.

The defense played great all game, IMHO and it's not like they're out there racking up sacks and turnovers and pick 6's. They just went out there, played solid football drive in and drive out and came up with the big play at the end when we needed to ice the win.

The offense sputtered and did not play great, obviously, but they didn't panic. They came out in the second half, continued to run the football, and set ourselves up to score points late which they did.

On the road, in conference, playing our 3rd, 4th and 5th string backs, top WR out, overcoming adversity at then end, penalties not a major factor, first come from behind victory for a young QB. Great win! You can be grumpy about it if you want, though.