[closed]At what point will you call Sammy Watkins a bust?

dayman

Sammy is a very talented receiver. He is injury prone due to the way he plays. He doesn't know how to save himself. By this I mean that he fights for yards when he shouldn't (i.e. He's got a first down or he's not even close and tries to pick up another yard and puts too much torque on his body). He's not a bust but he has to learn how to "save it". When it doesn't matter, he plays hard but he just needs to pick his spots better though.. he's not a bust at all FWIW

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

and just went down with a hamstring injury

Why even say this, its meaningless. Beckham is far from a bust in any sense of the word. Despite missing four games last year the kid still had 91 rec for 1305 yards, 12 TD's. phenomenal !!

While I have yet to call Sammy a bust. Just take a look at his stats this year vs Beckham's.

Sammy in three games 13 rec for 99 yards, 1 TD. Beckham had more then that in this last game by the third quarter.

Beckham four games 24 rec for 307 yards 2 TD's all while having the opposing defense roll coverage's his way to try and take him out of the game, and not be just a decoy.

Am I satisfied with Sammy Watkins performance since being drafted, HECK NO, because I expect greatness from a player the team spent two firsts, and a 4th rounder on. Being a decoy will never make him great or get him into the hall.

I have seen the offense, and I appreciate and have heard this statement over and over the last few weeks. Great. It still doesn't matter. It's pathetic to sit there and say he goes out there and pulls some coverage and that's a success for him...this is a pathetic response to a real discussion about Sammy and his consistent injuries and lack of consistent production. We need and traded for a star...Sammy isn't a star by any stretch.

Take off your Bills glasses and watch the league. Learn what a difference maker on offense really looks like. It isn't Sammy.

So you're not actually interested in a discussion? Then what is it? Validation? Attention?

Also, throwing around the word pathetic has no impact on the validity of a point of view.

Edited by jeremy2020

Why even say this, its meaningless. Beckham is far from a bust in any sense of the word. Despite missing four games last year the kid still had 91 rec for 1305 yards, 12 TD's. phenomenal !!

While I have yet to call Sammy a bust. Just take a look at his stats this year vs Beckham's.

Sammy in three games 13 rec for 99 yards, 1 TD. Beckham had more then that in this last game by the third quarter.

Beckham four games 24 rec for 307 yards 2 TD's all while having the opposing defense roll coverage's his way to try and take him out of the game, and not be just a decoy.

Am I satisfied with Sammy Watkins performance since being drafted, HECK NO, because I expect greatness from a player the team spent two firsts, and a 4th rounder on. Being a decoy will never make him great or get him into the hall.

I never called ODB a bust.....

The fact is...they are both in their 2nd years.....both have had injury issues.....and while ODB had a phenominal rookie year....Watkins was excellent for a rookie.....

One of them had a franchise QB throwing to him in their 1st year

Just a question, does a WR "bust" impact a game in a positive way? Just bad luck to start. It is frustrating that two players that we've committed so much towards are not playing (McCoy, Watkins), but that's football sometimes. Keep going and it'll even out. We've already seen what happens when you rush an injury. Let's be content that the Bills are 3-2. We have a legitimate shot to make amends next week against a good football team. If they win, the attitude towards the team (here and within the league) returns to where it was after the Colts and Dolphins games.

[This is an automated response]<br /><br />This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread. <br /><br />Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics. <br /><br />Thank you.