[closed]At what point will you call Sammy Watkins a bust?

dayman

I'm not calling him a bust, but he's either not playing or playing with limited ability a TON, and when he does play he rarely has a huge effect on the game. Here and there he'll make a big play which is great, but even when healthy and playing he's often not a fixture of the offense who is consistently helping us move the chains.

How long will not playing and/or just being a boom or bust (to use fantasy terms) type guy hoping for a big play go on until he's declared a flat out bust? Meanwhile, several other young WRs are blowing up the league....

Again, I'm not calling the kid a bust just yet...but I think he gets a HUGE free pass when it comes time to talk about why the Bills aren't getting it done the way they should. He should be out on the field demanding the ball in a variety of ways and being explosive when he gets it. Instead he's hurt all the time and when out there he does not do enough for what he is supposed to be. It's not all coaching/QB. It's him as well.

Edited by Rex'sOffense

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen the offense minus Sammy the past two weeks? He has a huge effect on the game whether hes putting up big stats or not.

I have seen the offense, and I appreciate and have heard this statement over and over the last few weeks. Great. It still doesn't matter. It's pathetic to sit there and say he goes out there and pulls some coverage and that's a success for him...this is a pathetic response to a real discussion about Sammy and his consistent injuries and lack of consistent production. We need and traded for a star...Sammy isn't a star by any stretch.

Take off your Bills glasses and watch the league. Learn what a difference maker on offense really looks like. It isn't Sammy.

Edited by Rex'sOffense

It's too soon to call Watkins a bust, but the Bills have had terrible luck drafting WR'a over the last 5-10 years. Robert Woods has been very disappointing. I hope the Bills shut Watkins down until he's 100% healthy. It stinks that we could have had Beckham, though.

At what point do most Wallers put certain posters on 'ignore?'

SDS' server space needs would be halved and TSW would be a lot better place...

I want to love Sammy...please...say something other than "look at the offense the last few weeks," and "he'll be healthy and play the majority of games some day."

Defend Sammy with reasoning if you can (I would love for someone to say something to make me optimistic abou thim again). But we're out there looking terrible and it's b/c he's not able and available (and even when he is...he's not exactly dominating).

Edited by Rex'sOffense

I have seen the offense, and I appreciate and have heard this statement over and over the last few weeks. Great. It still doesn't matter. It's pathetic to sit there and say he goes out there and pulls some coverage and that's a success for him...this is a pathetic response to a real discussion about Sammy and his consistent injuries and lack of consistent production. We need and traded for a star...Sammy isn't a star by any stretch.

Take off your Bills glasses and watch the league. Learn what a difference maker on offense really looks like. It isn't Sammy.

Rex.....

THis is not the first time you have made this post......someone gives you a reason....and you berate them.

If you dont want the real answer....dont ask the question

Exactly. He draws double teams like no other. Do people watch the games before starting threads?

You know how many other guys go out and play every week, even when banged up and drawing doubles and balling? Not that many, but the ones they do are called stars. It ain't Sammy.

Another "Time for this dude to start playing ball" thread.

True. And I know there have been others, but I haven't started or given them much thought. Today is the end. It is time for this dude to play ball in my book. It's pathetic at this point.

Edited by Rex'sOffense