[closed]At what point will you call Sammy Watkins a bust?

dayman

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

At what point?

OTOH, oh I dunno, lets go with once Tyrod Taylor has more then five games of NFL experience, and actually has a decent pocket to stand in and deliver every pass in the playbook.

Aside from the injuries it can't be easy to be great in a power run offense that isn't working :D

So, basically what you are saying is that the Bills don't really have a viable #1 WR that can help pull all the coverage their way if Sammy isn't on the field. Not the #2 pick at WR In Robert Woods nor the 6 million dollar WR in Percy Harvin.

Lets not even discuss how often Watkins has been battling injuries over the last two seasons. While he was almost never 100% last season, and now has missed games this year.

The real issue in my view is Sammy the type of WR who can take over a game and put up huge numbers like a superstar WR should? The answer is, so far, not really. Or is his real use as a decoy to draw double coverage while not really earning that double coverage? Three draft picks used for this one player, and its not out of the world of reality to question his actual worth at this time.

Sammy Watkins will always be compared to Odell Beckham Jr, and look at tonight while being double covered with a lot of the coverage's attempting to take Beckham out of the game, and yet so far tonight 7 rec for 121 yards, 1 TD.

Just saying.

and just went down with a hamstring injury

I dont want to hear that **** from another bills fan.......defeat before the game is even played?

Realism brother. We're highly likely to drop that one, and hopefully we don't **** the bed in London. 4-3 at the bye and we're still alive and doing fine. But that's assuming your boy Sammy shows up for us.

As for the McCoy blame game....that's fair too. But he is helped b/c Karlos (when his head is ok) helps us out so well. We could get by without him for quite a while if he came back healthy later on closer to the playoffs ... the same can not be said of Sammy. We need Sammy, fully healthy or not, out there balling, right now, every game.

Edited by Rex'sOffense

Far from a bust but def can start calling him injury prone and kind of a wuss.

Watkins should hv played today IMO. There are certain players who would tough it out and those are the types of players I want

Watkins should hv played today IMO. There are certain players who would tough it out and those are the types of players I want

The call to play or not was on the medical staff.

Realism brother. We're highly likely to drop that one, and hopefully we don't **** the bed in London. 4-3 at the bye and we're still alive and doing fine. But that's assuming your boy Sammy shows up for us.

As for the McCoy blame game....that's fair too. But he is helped b/c Karlos (when his head is ok) helps us out so well. We could get by without him for quite a while if he came back healthy later on closer to the playoffs ... the same can not be said of Sammy. We need Sammy, fully healthy or not, out there balling, right now, every game.

You know where you can stick that realism troll

I dont want to hear that **** from another bills fan.......defeat before the game is even played?

In year 2? Did his team even make the playoffs last year? With a franchise qb throwing him balls?

If it were the Pats i couldnt say much. But the bengals with Dalton. I feel so so about. Hope Sammy and atleast Williams are back. I think Gilmore stands a better chance against Green without the club. I think the key is stymying the Bernard run. If they can do that and play something that resembles 4 qts of offense. We should be fine

Travis Henrys in a jail cell somewhere laughing at him

I'd say after three seasons you can decide if he is a bust or not. So far not a bust and has just had bad luck with some injuries. Also an unstable QB situation and this still continues. Maybe TT will b the answer, we'll see. Watkins should be targeted more than he is.

When are people like you going to give young players a chance to develop into the players that they will become instead of posting thread after thread calling them a bust? Look back 2-3 years ago, how many threads were calling Dareus a bust? Watkins is the one guy on our offense that opposing defenses are going to make sure they have accounted for on every play. He's had some durability issues, but beyond that I haven't seen anything that would indicate Watkins is anything resembling a bust.

I've said this for years. New posters should have to pass a test to start threads.

This guy is something.

There will always be fans that say these things.

It wasn't that long ago when people on this board were calling Marcell Dareus a bust.