3-2, but still can't get optimistic

Virgil

A win is a win. Good teams find a way to win, even if it's ugly. But this offense is just getting worse. I don't know if it's adjustments or what I feared when we hired Roman, that he is a TE/RB guy that doesn't know how to use WR's.

You can say that Shady is hurt, but he wasn't having good running games when playing. You can say that Watkins is out, but I'd take our WR's over the Titans today.

I'm happy we are 3-2, but our defense can't be on the field like this. This is our 3rd game where the offense doesn't even show up in the first half and we have to rely on street ball to score.

This was a team that, while on 13 days rest, was still supposed to be a solid win. I just don't know how to believe that we will beat and contenders this year based off what we've seen so far.

A win is a win. Good teams find a way to win, even if it's ugly. But this offense is just getting worse. I don't know if it's adjustments or what I feared when we hired Roman, that he is a TE/RB guy that doesn't know how to use WR's.

You can say that Shady is hurt, but he wasn't having good running games when playing. You can say that Watkins is out, but I'd take our WR's over the Titans today.

I'm happy we are 3-2, but our defense can't be on the field like this. This is our 3rd game where the offense doesn't even show up in the first half and we have to rely on street ball to score.

This was a team that, while on 13 days rest, was still supposed to be a solid win. I just don't know how to believe that we will beat and contenders this year based off what we've seen so far.

Like you said, man-- good teams find ways to win games like these. I have seen enough from our offense to know that with a full complement of players, we can be explosive. Today seemed to be combination of an off day by TT, injuries, and the Titans having a pretty good defensive scheme.

The other huge upside is Taylor. He has that big play ability that we have been missing from the QB position, and seems to make a ton of clutch 3rd down conversions.

I feel pretty good now. And in 3 weeks, I will have no memory of this game or the Tennessee Titans. Just had to win this one, and we did.

I'm happy we won, a win is a win. We needed this game. For all intents and purposes, our season was over with a loss. Every team wins ugly in this league from time to time. That being said, I'm going to care less about this win if we don't win next week. We really had to have this one, but it's just step one in what needs to be done. Playoff teams have to be able to string victories together. We can't keep up the win one lose one cycle. If we win next week I'll be optimistic.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

The offense gets better in the second half after Roman takes the handcuffs off. That's encouraging.

The defense FINALLY started playing elite in the second half of this game, getting after it, hustling to the ball, and being aggressive. That's encouraging.

There is a lot that needs to be cleaned up, and Roman needs to not game plan this offense to death, but there's plenty to be excited about.

The offense gets better in the second half after Roman takes the handcuffs off. That's encouraging.

The defense FINALLY started playing elite in the second half of this game, getting after it, hustling to the ball, and being aggressive. That's encouraging.

There is a lot that needs to be cleaned up, and Roman needs to not game plan this offense to death, but there's plenty to be excited about.

The defense played elite all game...

The defense played elite all game...

They definitely played well in the first half, bearing in mind that it was the Tennessee Titans. It seemed to me like it really kicked into another gear though after Tyrod scored. It was a noticeable switch IMO.

The corners and secondary, in general, were unbelievably good and couldn't have played better for the entire game. Again, Titans receivers, but they were still flawless.

Every week is another week that our best skill players get healthier. Any week we win on that horizon is huge no matter how it's accomplished. It's hard to think of even a handful of teams we beat today playing as poorly as we did, but we'll be 3-2 in tomorrow morning's newspaper.

Just one question

Do you think that good teams dont win some of their games ugly?

This team is still finding itself...it is emerging from 15 years of playoff drout.......last year with NO offense we were 9-7

THis year....the team is putting up points and had ONE game were they didnt......we are missing 3 of our top offensive players.....and we are 3-2.....we split with last years AFC Championship teams.....we have beaten Miami on the road......and we have a winning AFC record.

The team SHOULD be 4 and 1 right now....but no moral victories....this is probably the best 3 and 2 team in the NFL

I always thought the 12 win and 11 win predictions were too much with new coaches and systems.....my prediction was 10-6 and a wild card

That is still very possible

Ya think? Plain & simple, they looked like crap the last two weeks, and if they keep it up, they'll be lucky to win 8 games.

Yesterday, against the lowly Titans, it should not even been close, even with the injuries.

Now, if they somehow turn things around in one week, and manage to beat the Bengals, I will rethink this. We'll see.

TT is not a drop back QB. He is learning on the fly. They seem to realize he has to become one in order to consistently win. This is a experiment so we will have to see how it works.

If we make the playoffs and he has to play w/o Sammy and Shady we are screwed. I would like to see EJ get a start at some point. I truly believe he moves the O better yesterday . Yeah, I said it😘