Week 6: Bengals' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thursday notes: checking the pulse; Adam Jones, Hall back on field
By Geoff Hobson

You know the Bengals must be 5-0 because the media has arrived complete with notepads and sedatives and is proceeding to psychoanalyze them as if they are being prepped to rescue Matt Damon from Mars.

And we were doing some of that analyzing, too. Guys like cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick, who once went unbeaten in a galaxy, galaxy far, far away at Alabama, patiently hear the questions. But he feels the answers. Maybe because he has seen them before.

“There’s something brewing. There’s something going on,” Kirkpatrick said. “This is a different team. I haven’t played on this team. This is my first time playing on this team. It’s not like the other teams. I don’t know what it is. So many people can say a lot different things about what it is, but I just know it’s a different team. It’s a different environment . We bonded. And the bond has grown over the four years I’ve been here. I just see something great happening now.”

@ChrisBrownBills

Rex - LeSean a lot better this week than last week but will see how he progresses. McCoy limited today - #Bills

@MatthewFairburn

Tyrod Taylor, LeSean McCoy, Marcell Dareus and Sammy Watkins all limited for the Bills. Rex "not comfortable" saying Tyrod will be the guy.

@JaySkurski

Rex Ryan says Marcus Easley did not practice today because of a shoulder injury. #Bills

@SalSports

Rex: Cautiously optimistic about LeSean McCoy for Sunday. "We hope he can go."

@ChrisBrownBills

Rex - EJ Manuel got majority of 1st team reps again Thursday. #Bills

@TyDunne

Rex says IK Enemkpali will return to the lineup this week.

@SalSports

Greg Roman: "Whatever happens you try to lay plans out the best you can and make it work."

Roman: "EJ and Tyrod are different in their own way, but there are ten other guys out there, too. So can't tailor it to one guy."

Yeah. If I'm Rex, this is a smokescreen and you rest him for the next few weeks. There were reports on that ankle as well.

I was more worried about the reports that he'd be out 4-6 weeks before coming back a little dinged.

it seems like so many fans are ultra conservative when it comes to injuries. Always reading,' rest him a few more weeks, even if cleared to play....' , I'm sorry, but if they are cleared to play , get them out there. It's not like you can make up too many losses. We already have 2 losses at home, can't afford to lose anymore. If Tyrod, McCoy are healthy enough to play, they need to be out there.

it seems like so many fans are ultra conservative when it comes to injuries. Always reading,' rest him a few more weeks, even if cleared to play....' , I'm sorry, but if they are cleared to play , get them out there. It's not like you can make up too many losses. We already have 2 losses at home, can't afford to lose anymore. If Tyrod, McCoy are healthy enough to play, they need to be out there.

my thoughts exactly

This is going to be an interesting game. Everything points to Cincy winning, but I think with a little luck we can pull out a close one:

1. I'm guessing EJ, Sammy and Shady are on the field. I'm confident in EJ and excited to see how he does, but think he'll be more than serviceable. Would take a healthy EJ any day over a limited Taylor. Having Sammy and Shady back would be a huge boost to the offense. Look for Robert Woods to make some big plays in this one.

2. We'll need to win the turnover battle to have any shot at all.

3. The safeties will be key against Cincy offense. I don't have much confidence in Duke but we're going to need him to really step up in this one. Williams a huge loss, especially this game.

4. Can we make a special teams play? The return game has been below average so far. Not expecting any big plays here, but we'll need to limit penalties and take care of the ball. Will be interesting to see how Kid Rock does on kick offs and if that plays a factor at all.

The Ralph should be rocking and the 12th man should be good for a few Cincy penalties. Go Bills!!!

I concur

Rex on Tyrod and LeSean

Both Tyrod Taylor and LeSean McCoy were limited for a second straight day at practice Thursday. Head coach Rex Ryan made a couple of comments on both players as to how they’re coming along in their injury recovery.

Ahem. You left out one key consideration.....Does Rodak say it's okay. :rolleyes:

"We need to win the turnover battle to have any shot at all"..

I don't know, I don't believe this game hinges on whether the Bills turn it over once more than the Bengals. I think the Bills can beat them regardless. The Bills don't need any extraordinary performance, or luck. They just need to play to their potential.

I dont think the Bengals are that great, and dont look like a 6-0 team. They are due for a loss, and its a home game. I expect a win.

"We need to win the turnover battle to have any shot at all"..

I don't know, I don't believe this game hinges on whether the Bills turn it over once more than the Bengals. I think the Bills can beat them regardless. The Bills don't need any extraordinary performance, or luck. They just need to play to their potential.

I dont think the Bengals are that great, and dont look like a 6-0 team. They are due for a loss, and its a home game. I expect a win.

Bless your heart :)

CBF

Interesting. I see a team that's very creative on offense and with a lot of talent on defense.

The Bills need to run it down their throats with success or else their pass protection will be destroyed.

Duh!

2h5lel4.jpg

Makes sense. The talent gap between Tyrod and EJ is much smaller than between Sammy/McCoy and the backups.

However, this isn't the game that I want EJ to get his first start of the season in. EJ or Tyrod need to be on point. No slow starts. They need to take advantage of every play-action opportunity they get.

They need Tyrod's running ability, too. It should be a huge factor in success against the Bengals' D.

$20.00 says the Bills win. It's a nice friendly wager.

Ha! I would never bet against the Bills!

Isn't that on of the cardinal sins?