Week 6: Bengals' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dennis Thurman: "We'll compete with them" (5:57)
Bills defensive coordinator Dennis Thurman talks about facing the Bengals offense and the replacement for Aaron Williams at the safety position.

Greg Roman: "Each guy is different" (7:59)
Bills offensive coordinator Greg Roman talks about the uncertainty at the quarterback position and running back as the team preps for the Bengals this weekend.

Rex Ryan: "If we think he's ready, he'll play" (9:47)
Bills head coach Rex Ryan gives an update on the injury situation at quarterback, running back, and wide receiver. Ryan also tells us why he's showcasing Tyrod Taylor's jersey from the Titans game.

He kind of looks like Stevie Wonder did last night walking to his piano

well done GG. great imagery.

Yeah, but just one shot on that knee and could be done.

my thoughts as well. sit him and pray that EJM holds it together, or perhaps plays quite decently indeed.

Are Bengals preparing to face Tyrod or EJ? (1:03)

NFL Media's Albert Breer joins "Around the NFL" to discuss whether the Cincinnati Bengals are preparing to face Buffalo Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor or EJ Manuel.

Bengals made moves to make Dalton more of a leader (2:53)

NFL Media's Albert Breer has the latest on Andy Dalton's play this season and how the team is preparing to face a Bills team that may be without Tyrod Taylor.

Play calling middle ground with Tyrod & EJ
There still isn’t a definitive decision on who will be starting at quarterback for the Bills on Sunday. EJ Manuel did take the majority of the reps for a second straight day in practice Thursday, but head coach Rex Ryan still has the door open for Tyrod Taylor to start. So if Manuel does in fact start is his skill set similar enough to that of Taylor to allow offensive coordinator Greg Roman to keep a lot of their offensive approach the same?

@TBNSports

.@viccarucci's 3 Bills thoughts: Bad look for Sammy Watkins, Tyrod status, & McCoy ready? http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/10/16/vic-caruccis-3-bills-thoughts-watkins-causes-1st-crack-in-the-armor/

@salmaiorana

The #Bills defense needs to have a great day if they hope to slow down the #Bengals. My story: http://on.rocne.ws/1RKIrNY

via @DandC

@SalSports

Last time Bills played Bengals Cincy took advantage of Gilmore wearing club on his arm. It was his 1st game back from injury, couldn't press

"We need to win the turnover battle to have any shot at all"..

I don't know, I don't believe this game hinges on whether the Bills turn it over once more than the Bengals. I think the Bills can beat them regardless. The Bills don't need any extraordinary performance, or luck. They just need to play to their potential.

I dont think the Bengals are that great, and dont look like a 6-0 team. They are due for a loss, and its a home game. I expect a win.

I think the Bengals are a good a team...

But I do agree they are due to lay an egg...And there is precedence here (sort of)...Before they went to NE and got throttled last year the Bengals were 3-0 and had outscored their opponents 80-33...

The thing about that NE game was the Pats jumped out to a 14-0 lead in the 1st...And then answered the Bengals FG with two of their own...So it was 20-3 at halftime...I think that will be key for the Bills this Sunday...If they can jump on the Bengals early and force them to be one dimensional the crowd will come in to play and make it really tough on the visitors...But if the Bengals jump out to a lead early like the Giants and Pats did...The Bills are in big, big trouble... B-)

Chad Johnson on 2015 Bengals: 'They're better' than my teams

CINCINNATI -- Chad Johnson softly sat in the locker next to Adam Jones this past Sunday. Head down, he tried to be unobtrusive as his friend juggled putting on shoes with answering reporters' questions. But Johnson, the erstwhile Chad Ochocinco, couldn't keep a teeny smile from flitting across his face.

And when he was very quietly asked what that was about, he equally quietly said, "They were f------ awesome."

I'm hoping the Bills are tired of hearing about how great Dalton & the Bengals are and use it for a little extra fuel.

@FOXSportsOH

#Bengals QB Andy Dalton is changing perceptions after his torrid start http://ow.ly/TucUc

CRciruOUcAA7QVZ.jpg

Chad Johnson on 2015 Bengals: 'They're better' than my teams

I'm hoping the Bills are tired of hearing about how great Dalton & the Bengals are and use it for a little extra fuel.

@FOXSportsOH

#Bengals QB Andy Dalton is changing perceptions after his torrid start http://ow.ly/TucUc

CRciruOUcAA7QVZ.jpg

How about a reverse of 2011? Remember when we had a blowout win in KC, then dramatic comeback wins at home against Oakland and NE to move to 3-0? We were all the rage.

Then, as an undefeated team, we went into Cincinnati and lost to a Bengals team that was 1-2, coming off 2 losses, and lead by a first-year starting QB who hadn't proven much. We went up 17-3 and thought we were in control, but ended up losing in overtime.

@MatthewFairburn

Tyrod Taylor and LeSean McCoy are on the field at the start of Bills practice. No sign of Sammy Watkins.

@MatthewFairburn

It looks like Sammy Watkins is on the field in sweats and his helmet on.

@ChrisBrownBills

Marcus Easley & Karlos Williams the non-participants during media viewing portion of practice. #Bills

@SalSports

A bit chilly but sunny in Orchard Park as the Bills begin their Friday practice. 25, 5, 14 working. 29, 81 are not

CRcpheGWIAALYOC.jpg

@viccarucci

Tyrod Taylor taking part in #Bills practice. Throwing some passes, but not doing a whole lot of running.

Williams: Bills have confidence in EJ Manuel (4:24)

Buffalo Bills defensive end Mario Williams joins "NFL HQ" to discuss the Bills quarterback situation and the teams' Week 6 matchup against the Cincinnati Bengals.

@TBNSports

Listen to today's "Vic Carucci Show." @viccarucci on @97RockBuffalo: http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/10/16/fridays-vic-carucci-show-on-97-rock/

Matchup of the Game: old home week on the front porch

By Geoff Hobson

BENGALS OFFENSIVE LINE VS. REX’s FRONT FOUR: Sunday’s game in Buffalo (1 p.m.-Cincinnati’s Channel 12) is more like a Thanksgiving pickup game in the mud when it comes to this matchup where everybody knows your name.

Scouting Report - Bills-Bengals - Week 6
By Chris Brown

The Bengals offense has been making good use of the big play and their defense is awfully stingy in the first half.