Rapid Reaction - 10 Observations About Today's Game

ChevyVanMiller

1) Here are two words that we haven't thrown around after a game for awhile - Total Domination.

The Bills were the better team in all 3 phases today and the Fish weren't so much squished as they were put in a Waring Blender and put through every stage from liquify to puree.

I don"t think Eli Manning is going to get much sleep this week.

By awhile, do you mean like 2 weeks? :P Since we looked just as good, and went up 24-0 on the Colts, just a mere 14 days ago.

When this team can play to their identity, they really are somethin! :thumbsup:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought a Jayne Mansfield reference would go with Boobie Dixon. How does it work with Rambo?

Jayne Mansfield was killed in a car crash. Her wig came off during the crash, and it was initially reported that she was decapitated.

I am assuming the when Rambo crashed into him he hit Darby in the head. Thus the decapitation --> Jayne Mansfield reference.

McCoy was doing things that reminded me of Spiller, and I was never a Spiller fan.

Boobie was completely ineffective.

Karlos was the best RB on the team today.

McCoy is not McCoy until he's healthy. Spiller was always Spiller. Not impressed with Boobie at all; makes me think we should have kept Freddie around.

he reminds me of dick jauron

Interesting comparison except Jauron was supposed to have an intelligent streak (somewhere) while Philbin has alwsys appeared completely clueless.

Jayne Mansfield was killed in a car crash. Her wig came off during the crash, and it was initially reported that she was decapitated.

I am assuming the when Rambo crashed into him he hit Darby in the head. Thus the decapitation --> Jayne Mansfield reference.

Thanks, I knew someone would get the reference. :)

McCoy is not McCoy until he's healthy. Spiller was always Spiller. Not impressed with Boobie at all; makes me think we should have kept Freddie around.

Interesting comparison except Jauron was supposed to have an intelligent streak (somewhere) while Philbin has alwsys appeared completely clueless.

Fred doesn't play special teams tho

he reminds me of dick jauron

I distinctly remember watching the season premier of Hard Knocks when Miami was on, and it was Philbin's first year, and having my instant impression being "This guy is as soft, timid, and boring as Jauron! He has 3 years, tops!".

Im sure he's a nice guy, but he's too nice to be a HC in the NFL.

I never thought running east and west was a good program. North and south is the way Williams runs and Fred was the same. You need a special kind of guard pulling and 8 men in the box is not the way to run east and west. I really am impressed with Williams hitting the holes. Maybe Shady should have given that waitress a tip and the tip gods would be nice to him. So far he has shown nothing.

i don't think i had ever heard it was her wig...i guess i always thought she was decapitated, i always wondered how Mariska Hargitay was able to overcome that...not that not being decapitated makes it that much less tragic to her..

And trust me, I want to say that we found the answer at QB, but we've been here before with Trent and Fitz through the first half of a season.

You're not the first person to make this observation, but it absolutely perplexes me. Through my own lack of knowledge, I was very skeptical about Taylor because all I knew was what I read...not what I saw.

After three games, the very last people he reminds me of is Trent or Fitz. Look again at his throw to Watkins. It was all but a flick of the wrist to launch it in the air 45 yards to hit it perfectly. Look at how he hit Clay and Hogan in stride. How he throws on the roll out. He's shown he can make all the throws, and particularly impressed me with the points he put after getting the snot beat out of him by NE.

Now, you may be just suggesting that you feel you've been here before from a W/L standpoint, but even that is different. We expected the D to be good enough to sustain the team and hoped the QB could not screw things up. But his ability to pull off the aggressive playcalls lets the D pin back and attack.

If Taylor isn't the answer at QB, then someone needs a better question.

Rapid Reaction - 10 Observations About Today's Game

10) Well, if no one else will, I'll say it: After nearly 20 years and enduring QBs the likes of Collins, Johnson, Holcolmb, Losman, Edwards and Orton, we have finally found a true Field General with the ability to lead us to meaningful games in January.

Tyrod was a beast today ( 21 of 29 for 277 yds and 3 TDs )and he is proving to be a QB that can beat you with his arm and not just his legs.

9) It sure is nice having a TE that can change the complexion of a game after so many years of being on the wrong end of other teams using that position against us up and down the field.

Charles Clay wreaked havoc against his old team and it is becoming more and more apparent why the Bills targeted him with that big offer sheet in FA.

8) Even though he missed on that 54-yd FG try, it was also nice to see Dan Carpenter have a big game against the team that cut him loose.

I don't know if he'll ever get out of Rex's doghouse ( or even if he should. The hate/hate relationship they have is good for scoreboard differential) but I believe when the game is on the line Dan will always be "The Man."

7) "Downtown" Preston Brown is causing a lot of Bills fans to say, "Kiko who?" these days with his stellar play. His two picks and return for 6 today is going to quickly make his name known outside of the 716.

6) Somebody please tell Rambo that Darby is on the same team. Twice today Bacarri went all Jayne Mansfield on number 28 and nearly decapitated the stellar rookie.

Maybe Darby needs a red "no hit" jersey when he playes with Rambo. :)

5) Am I the only one starting to wonder if Sammy Watkins is going to be one of those guys that just can't stay healthy?

I love the kid and when he's healthy he is a true force. I just hope he isn't known by the moniker "Hammy" Watkins when his career is said and done.

4) This defense is nearly impossible to run on. So long as the other team doesn't have a HOF QB that throws nearly 60 times while getting the ball out in 1.7 seconds, teams are going to have a hard time beating us while being one dimensional.

The Cold Front is just getting warmed up.

3) Karlos Williams is special. His combination of size, blazing speed and power makes him a beast to bring down. Today he became the first Bills back to rush for over 100 yards in more than a season.

He and Shady make a great 1-2 punch. The only question is who should be 1 and who should be 2?

2) The O-Line deserves some praise. The Bills have put up over 30 points every week and Tyrod has had ample time to sit in the pocket and pull the trigger on some big pass plays.

Let's hope that Miller and Henderson aren't hurt seriously.

1) Here are two words that we haven't thrown around after a game for awhile - Total Domination.

The Bills were the better team in all 3 phases today and the Fish weren't so much squished as they were put in a Waring Blender and put through every stage from liquify to puree.

I don"t think Eli Manning is going to get much sleep this week.

Does it have to be rapid?

8) Even though he missed on that 54-yd FG try, it was also nice to see Dan Carpenter have a big game against the team that cut him loose.

I played that one back. It was a bad snap, to the inside, and took some fast handling to get it down in place. Not looking for excuses, but I think maybe that explains a lot.

Edited by Bleed Bills Blue