The Offense needs to ALWAYS be in Passing Packages

iccrewman112

The Bills need to be in passing packages at all times

1. McCoy has run much better in wide open sets with WRs and no FBs. This is true through the first two weeks and his career in Philly.
  2. Robert Woods is a better number 3 WR than opponents #3 DB (as is Hogan).
  3. Robert Woods is better than Mulligan (as is Hogan).
  4. Charles Clay shouldn't have been paid the money he was paid to chip DEs and settle into the flat as a check down.
  5. Putting players into routes, rather than extra protection is a means to help the offensive line, by having quick hitters.

Spreading the field puts the Bills most talented players on the field, and presents the best situation to run out of. Can't fit a square peg into a round hole. Greg Roman, make the adjustments.

Totally agree. They kept Mulligan and let Chandler go why?

Screw blocking only TE's. Just put Koujo out there if they want to run the dam ball.

Wake up Rex/Roman. Brady beat you throwing 59 times. The best player group on the team is WR and the RB's can run after catch.

They need to throw, throw, throw...

We basically ran our scripted plays then before the second drive I imagine the following conversation on the Patriots bench:

Belichick: "They ran well on us there can't let that happen all game."

Beardy DC: "We could crowd the line next series 8 and 9 in the box dare them to beat us?"

Belichick: "Let's see how that goes."

I mean with the best will in the world that is not an adjustment you need a 4 time Superbowl winning Head Coach to implement. And we didn't adjust at all. We spent the next 3 series running McCoy into the teeth of it.

I mean with the best will in the world that is not an adjustment you need a 4 time Superbowl winning Head Coach to implement. And we didn't adjust at all. We spent the next 3 series running McCoy into the teeth of it.

That's the thing they ran McCoy into it, but they did it with two TE's and a Fullback. It plays into the defense's plan to stop the run.

More stretch plays and running the ball out of Shotgun in my opinion. Gets McCoy and Williams moving laterally finding a creasing then cutting into it.

Mulligan should never be on the field. Use an extra O-Line if you want a blocker as he presents near zero pass catching threat. On a couple plays he didn't even line up as eligible.

We basically ran our scripted plays then before the second drive I imagine the following conversation on the Patriots bench:

Belichick: "They ran well on us there can't let that happen all game."

Beardy DC: "We could crowd the line next series 8 and 9 in the box dare them to beat us?"

Belichick: "Let's see how that goes."

Soooo...the $64,000 question is when the game shifted dramatically at the end of the first quarter, why didn't the Bills just throw the ball downfield to try to burn the "8 and 9 in a box" packages?

A. They don't trust Tyrod Taylor to be a true franchise QB to make those big passing plays when the defense is challenging him to do just that.

B. Rex will never ever move away from the "ground and pound" philosophy.

C. Both of the above.

Good ol' Rex has some explaining to do because Bills fans aren't stupid. He needs to answer why the running plays with so many defenders crowding the line of scrimmage.

The Bills need to be in passing packages at all times

1. McCoy has run much better in wide open sets with WRs and no FBs. This is true through the first two weeks and his career in Philly.
  2. Robert Woods is a better number 3 WR than opponents #3 DB (as is Hogan).
  3. Robert Woods is better than Mulligan (as is Hogan).
  4. Charles Clay shouldn't have been paid the money he was paid to chip DEs and settle into the flat as a check down.
  5. Putting players into routes, rather than extra protection is a means to help the offensive line, by having quick hitters.

Spreading the field puts the Bills most talented players on the field, and presents the best situation to run out of. Can't fit a square peg into a round hole. Greg Roman, make the adjustments.

AGREE

its early.. but yeah, i think the Pats idea was to run blitz, push the middle back to Tyrod, and contain when he broke wide. the run Taylor made during that 80 TD drive might have spooked Belichick, but they stayed with it. Roman did try to get it outside in the 2nd or 3rd drive.. but the Pats were ready and smothered those. what really surprised me were the spread formations on the failed conversions - figured GR would go unbalanced with a lotta beef and run straight at them, or pull is guard and run counter.. that jet sweep into waiting defenders was sad