Rex Ryan, Defensive Genius

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They looked this bad on defense for one main reason to me. They played 8-10 yard cushions on all downs regardless of distance. 1st and 10...10 yard cushion on Edelman same as on 3rd and 1. Dion Lewis 10 Yard cushion always. With that big of a cushion closing on quick passes allows the WR to make the catch and get head and hips around to get up the field. Poor game planning especially because I don't believe Edelman can beat them over the top. Bad strategy and no adjustment from coaching staff after the first 15 successful conversions from the Patriots.

Defensive line and offensive line lost the battle in the trenches. Undisciplined play for all Bills units. Outcoached and outclassed.

Positives. We didn't get knocked out when Patriots tried to finish us off and kept fighting.

Time to move on to next week and just write this off. Dareus, Hughes, Williams, and Williams will have to play much better.

We had complete dumbass coaching on defense today. We looked great last week and have a lot of talent...we showed today we are not above wasted every shred of talent we have.

We didn't belong on the field with Brady and the fact that we gave them that cushion all day is a sign we are dumbasses.

Brady threw the ball 59 !@#$ing times and was sacked twice. That shouldn't happen. Especially when the Pats started 3 rookies on the o-line and we have the worth of a small country in contracts playing on our d-line.

Yup. Our Dline never showed up. Zero pass rush from arguably four AP DL. Pretty sad. Dareus owes us a refund for this game. Mario looked ordinary in the extreme. Even Williams was lame. On the offensive side, Wood was offensive at times. Well I suppose it was a surprise that Brady went to Edelman and Gronk. Bills looked shocked.Too bad.Blown opportunity to change the complexion of the AFCE. But it is only one loss.

i see the bright side here. they scored many points on a very good opponent. this game is no more negative than the colts game was positive. there's a spark on o and the d has a great deal of talent but they got outplayed today by the best qb of out time and his evil, mastermind coach. they need a better game plan and i think there's a good chance they find a way to beat them next time. i'm fairly confident this is a playoff team even if they don't. SB? not so much but playoffs? i think yeah and that's a pretty big step from where we've been for a decade.

Defense was better under Schwartz. I know Brady and Pats had good day vs Bills defense last year too but I liked how Schwartz just let Dline loose as opposed to all this BS Rex is doing which isnt generating any sacks and ends up leaving players in single coverage that shouldn't be.

Disgusting performance by the d today..

Defense was better under Schwartz. I know Brady and Pats had good day vs Bills defense last year too but I liked how Schwartz just let Dline loose as opposed to all this BS Rex is doing which isnt generating any sacks and ends up leaving players in single coverage that shouldn't be.

Agree 100%

Couldn't agree more. Rex's BS trickery killed us today.

I keep hearing this. Patriots did the exact thing to us last year. Patriots scored 37 points, Brady 361 yards, 4 TD's. No pass-rush, no defense.

This is just us playing like sh&^ against the Patriots, they have our number.

The defense played emotionally, but strategically they did not look aggressive. They gave WRs too much room off the line, when we knew going in that doesn't work against Brady. There was no interior pressure even though we were thought to have the mismatch there.

Just really frustrating.

So when do we call out TT for 3 picks?

You can't call him out for the 3rd pick. It's the last minute of the game and he's trying to make something happen.

The first two picks were bad, but the Pats were stacking the box and he had to pass somewhere. You can tell he really isn't comfortable throwing to Sammy yet.

The thing is, good teams recover from their mistakes when the other unit steps up (as the Pats D did after the fumble). Bad teams call each other out.

Edited by Hopeful

with all due respect i disagree. If he gets the ball out that fast, you have to check or bump the recievers at the line. That means its timing. The key is to disrupt the timing. It would have also helped if the d line got there hands up. Either way itwas a horrible game plan!

EXACTLY

What's the possible effects of playing up on the receivers?

simple, Brady holding the ball longer. Dbacks gave the pats recievers 10 yard cushions. So if they have a free release they can turn and look for the the ball within seconds vs fighting to get off the line and make space

So one of the great defensive coaches in all of football is just simply that stupid? I'd think there was a bit more to it for example - then they'll get behind you and burn you deep or it's easier to take an angle once they make a move vs chasing. Those little dudes are quick if you're up too close it can be a problem.

Edited by Triple Threat