A request for those going to the game! (not * related)

ThurmasThoman

Please... please please please... record videos on your phone of crowd reactions, upload them to youtube, and provide the links in this thread.

Some of my favorite Bills media items of the last 5 years (and there aren't many), are the cam phone videos from the stands.

This video of the game winning kick in 2011 to beat the Pats is amazing;

and this shot of Stevie catching the game winner against Carolina captures so perfectly the atmosphere of being there, better than any tv shot ever could.

How about this one of Sammy catching the game winner against Minnesota?

Capture it all boys--from the tailgating, to the game, to the crowd filing out after crushing the division champs and beginning a new era of dominance in the AFC.

Let's go Buffalo.

And to anyone who thinks this thread is pointless or without merit: watch it, go run through a brick wall or 2 (as you'll surely want to), and get ready for one hell of a game on Sunday.

Please... please please please... record videos on your phone of crowd reactions, upload them to youtube, and provide the links in this thread.

Some of my favorite Bills media items of the last 5 years (and there aren't many), are the cam phone videos from the stands.

This video of the game winning kick in 2011 to beat the Pats is amazing;

and this shot of Stevie catching the game winner against Carolina captures so perfectly the atmosphere of being there, better than any tv shot ever could.

How about this one of Sammy catching the game winner against Minnesota?

Capture it all boys--from the tailgating, to the game, to the crowd filing out after crushing the division champs and beginning a new era of dominance in the AFC.

Let's go Buffalo.

And to anyone who thinks this thread is pointless or without merit: watch it, go run through a brick wall or 2 (as you'll surely want to), and get ready for one hell of a game on Sunday.

Historical moment coming up.

JohnnyGold:

props to you for starting this thread; I had a similar suggestion but a little more specific. Hear me out: as I have mentioned elsewhere on TBD, us ex-pats who don't have a chance to go to games @ RWS miss one of the greatest things - the ex-player who will be leading the charge out of the tunnel, getting things stoked up. Because the networks (CBS/Fox) basically start their telecast with the tail end of the players running out onto the field, we entirely miss the "leading the charge" spectacle. We literally see nothing of the on the field buildup b/c the telecast starts with the talking heads in the booth giving their .02 on the matchups for said game.

Last week it was Jimbo; Sunday it's D Talley; after his well-publicized health issues and support he has gotten from alumni and Bills Nation, what a great choice to lead to charge this week! Can someone (or multiple people) commit to shooting video with your phones, then uploading your content to YouTube after each game? What a great tradition we can start and hopefully add to what could be a fantastic week 2 win.

I would personally be very grateful ..... GO BILLS !!

What say you, Bills fans attending the game?

JohnnyGold:

props to you for starting this thread; I had a similar suggestion but a little more specific. Hear me out: as I have mentioned elsewhere on TBD, us ex-pats who don't have a chance to go to games @ RWS miss one of the greatest things - the ex-player who will be leading the charge out of the tunnel, getting things stoked up. Because the networks (CBS/Fox) basically start their telecast with the tail end of the players running out onto the field, we entirely miss the "leading the charge" spectacle. We literally see nothing of the on the field buildup b/c the telecast starts with the talking heads in the booth giving their .02 on the matchups for said game.

Last week it was Jimbo; Sunday it's D Talley; after his well-publicized health issues and support he has gotten from alumni and Bills Nation, what a great choice to lead to charge this week! Can someone (or multiple people) commit to shooting video with your phones, then uploading your content to YouTube after each game? What a great tradition we can start and hopefully add to what could be a fantastic week 2 win.

Excellent idea.

Thanks for adding to the discussion, I would love it if this could become a thread where people post videos like that from the stadium.

Hell, you don't even have to be there, but if you come across an "as of yet unseen" angle of some awesome plays from this weekend, put it in here!

JohnnyGold:

That I will commit to doing as I think it's a great idea....but I have no clue how to post something to YouTube

I love the videos too.

When I go to games, the very last thing I would ever think about doing, is pull out my phone, hit a couple buttons and follow the play through my phone.

To those who do it.....thank you.

I think that's weird. Most likely you are too.

Scream, focus and enjoy the moment. Put your phone down. That's just crazy to me

Maybe I'm too old too.

I didnt think 41 was "that" old

Edited by NewEra

I love the videos too.

When I go to games, the very last thing I would ever think about doing, is pull out my phone, hit a couple buttons and follow the play through my phone.

Scream, focus and enjoy the moment. Put your phone down. That's just crazy to me

Maybe I'm too old too.

Say hi to Joan of arc for me old timer 😜

I love the videos too.

Maybe I'm too old too.

HAHA!

Me too! That's the best part!

It blows my mind that the current generation is basically experiencing their entire existence by watching the 5x3 screen of their iPhone, and I always wondered who cared about those videos. But I guess that person is me :)

Last year, watching the Dolphins at Bills game from home, they didn't show the Kelly speech, although I caught a good chunk of it on WGR.

Even this 20 second clip of the crowd going crazy chanting his name though makes me so proud to be a Bills fan.

We are not just the "best" fan base, we stand outside of sports.

Problem is, sometimes you end up with beautiful footage of a 100+ yard Jeff Tuel pick six that happened right in front of you. I don't know why I still have that on my phone.

Oh, wait, yes I do. So that one day we can all look back on it and laugh.

JohnnyGold:

Agreed, great thread and idea by Johnny, although I rarely think to pull out my phone since Im more wrapped up in the moment.

WRT leading the charge... not sure if youve seen them before but they dont actually run out on the field with the team. They have Jim/Talley/whoever on top of the scaffolding the team runs under, waving a Bills flag. It's still cool, but I'd really like to see something like Jim and Rex and the Pegulas and the team captains all running together out of the tunnel. But that's a long run for those older folks. :thumbsup:

I took my wife to The Counting Crows concert a few weeks ago. This idiot in front of us watched the entire show through his ph-ablet. It was really annoying because the light from the screen was distracting and took away from our experience.

Good idea here. Take a few short videos...but don't be that guy. JMO

Now I'll go back to yelling at children for riding their scootermawhayzits on my side walk.