Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

Never..Christ going to see them twice next week. You coming up for the DC game? Me and son will be scalping outside.

as mentioned, i thought that ( notably poorly) was a weak ass shot as well. Maybe folks forget Harmon and the allegations, but here are some reminders. dude was best receiving RB in the league, and drops that ball that would have given the Bills the cover

r. Telling you, this can be some bad chit if Jack is tied up in this in any fashion.

http://articles.latimes.com/1987-06-29/sports/sp-25_1_ronnie-harmon

http://www.timesledger.com/stories/2002/31/20020801-archive795.html

Did Eichel play poorly against Providence?

The other guy they talked about was the goalie so I would think that could be more obvious.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never..Christ going to see them twice next week. You coming up for the DC game? Me and son will be scalping outside.

Nah, I've been out of town too much lately as it is. I would travel to see the Sabres in the playoffs, but not regular season.

CXIe95AWAAAa1nf.png

SABRES (14-16-4) at BRUINS (19-10-4)

SAT DEC 26, 2015 @ 7:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B/BELL TV

NHL.com Game Preview: Bruins host Sabres with Atlantic lead in sight

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 160)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clot, Oct. 8; injured reserve) – 34 games
Robin Lehner (high ankle sprain, Oct. 10; injured reserve) – 33 games
Mark Pysyk (bone bruise, Nov. 19; injured reserve) – 16 games
Marcus Foligno (upper body, Dec. 15) – 3 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
N/A

UPCOMING GAMES
Monday, Dec. 28: Washington at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Dec. 30: Buffalo at Washington, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 31: NY Islanders at Buffalo, 6 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 2: Detroit at Buffalo, 1 p.m.
Tuesday, Jan. 5: Florida at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TODAY’S GAME

SABRES at BRUINS
This is the first of four meetings between the Sabres and Bruins this season.
Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Boston, 2-1 (SO), in Boston on March 17
Next meeting: Friday, Jan. 15 in Buffalo
The Sabres are 4-4-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Bruins; 4-4-2 on the road.
This is the 278th game all-time between Buffalo and Boston; Buffalo has a 120-115-42 series record.
The Sabres are 47-70-20 on the road against the Bruins all-time.

@BNHarrington

Good AM from Boston, as #Sabres’ post-Xmas slate quickly resumes w/Eichel's homecoming. My story for @TBNSports http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/sabres-eichel-returns-home-to-face-bruins-20151225

@BostonGlobe

In Buffalo, everybody likes North Chelmsford's ‘Eich’ http://bos.gl/im41iAf

CXJvWayUsAA6N5y.jpg

@BuffNewsVogl

Sabres' attendance is down despite a better team. I wondered why. Here's what you said. http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/12/23/despite-sabres-upgrade-in-talent-attendance-levels-lagging/

CW9NEy8UAAAsUx5.jpg

While I agree that scoring being down league-wide is a drag and that the arena needs more to engage fans, the reason attendance is down is completely contained in these four words from the piece, "the falling Canadian dollar."

Canadians make up about 40% of a typical Sabres crowd. I work in Canada and know many Canadian Sabres season ticket holders. Most of them aren't Sabres fans, they have the tickets because they are NHL fans. When their dollar was par with ours they went to most games ( and sold the Leafs games for a big profit to offset their season ticket costs).

Now, the Canadian dollar is worth about .65 compared to the USD. Once the Canadian dollar rebounds in a couple of years, combined with the maturity of the Sabres' young guns, it will be near impossible to spot an empty seat at a game.

While I agree that scoring being down league-wide is a drag and that the arena needs more to engage fans, the reason attendance is down is completely contained in these four words from the piece, "the falling Canadian dollar."

Canadians make up about 40% of a typical Sabres crowd. I work in Canada and know many Canadian Sabres season ticket holders. Most of them aren't Sabres fans, they have the tickets because they are NHL fans. When their dollar was par with ours they went to most games ( and sold the Leafs games for a big profit to offset their season ticket costs).

Now, the Canadian dollar is worth about .65 compared to the USD. Once the Canadian dollar rebounds in a couple of years, combined with the maturity of the Sabres' young guns, it will be near impossible to spot an empty seat at a game.

I think this is a pretty good analysis. I would even go as far to say tanking last year was a big draw for many. There was so much anticipation for the future and mceichel that people wanted to go and watch is lose to get 1 game closer to the future. Now that we have eichel that day to day drama is over like the anticipation of getting that awesome Christmas gift is almost better than getting it. Now that we have it Its cool but not the day to day excitement and drama. The team is also still near the bottom in the standings and generally the league isn't very exciting with goal scoring down. I think once the team starts to find their way and continually improved the fans will all hop back aboard and I can hope the excitement reaches 05-06 again. That would be awesome. I kinda feel like next year will be like 05-06 all over again. I hope I'm right.

@BuffaloSabres

Coach Bylsma confirms Chad Johnson will start in goal tonight in Boston against his former team. #BUFvsBOS

LimpingWarpedChick.gif

1f3a5.png Coach Bylsma's pregame comments in Boston: http://bufsabres.co/umlZIE

#BUFvsBOS

CXLFhNVWEAAXMN-.png

Here are the projected lineups:

SABRES

Jamie McGinnRyan O'ReillySam Reinhart

Evander KaneJack EichelTyler Ennis

Zemgus GirgensonsJohan LarssonBrian Gionta

Nicolas DeslauriersDavid LegwandMarcus Foligno

Josh GorgesRasmus Ristolainen

Jake McCabeZach Bogosian

Mike WeberCody Franson

Chad Johnson

Linus Ullmark

Injured: Cody McCormick (blood clot), Robin Lehner (high ankle sprain), Mark Pysyk (bone bruise)

Scratched: Matt Moulson, Carlo Colaiacovo

BRUINS

Brad MarchandPatrice BergeronBrett Connolly

Matt BeleskeyDavid KrejciLoui Eriksson

Frank VatranoRyan SpoonerJimmy Hayes

Zac RinaldoLandon FerraroTyler Randell

Zdeno CharaAdam McQuaid

Dennis SeidenbergColin Miller

Torey KrugKevan Miller

Jonas Gustavsson

Tuukka Rask

Injured: Chris Kelly (leg), Joonas Kemppainen (upper body), David Pastrnak (foot)

Scratched: Zach Trotman, Joe Morrow

Suspended: Max Talbot

Status update: Bylsma wouldn't confirm his lineup other than Johnson in net and Eichel playing. But based on line rushes it appeared Moulson, who has gone 22 games without a goal, could be scratched. "Matt needs to get back to playing the way he can," Bylsma said. "It's a big part of our team for him to be able to do that. He can add in that area and right now he's off his game in that regard." … Bylsma also said Foligno would be available after missing three games with an upper-body injury. … Gustavsson starts because the Bruins have a back-to-back this weekend. Expect Rask to start Sunday on the road against the Ottawa Senators.

Who's hot: Johnson has a 6-3-2 record in his past 13 games with a 1.71 goals-against average and .942 save percentage. … Spooner has three goals and five assists in his past six games.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@BuffaloSabres

Sabres hockey is back! @duffersabres gets you ready for tonight's game in Boston: http://bufsabres.co/mUmZ0D

#BUFvsBOS

CXLdyM8WEAA68lN.png

"This is exciting..There's going to be so many family & friends here." AM Skate: http://bufsabres.co/vvozRL

#BUFvsBOS
CXLk23qWEAAHD1y.png

Jack Eichel couldn't be more excited to play 1st @NHL game in Boston. 1f3a5.png Pregame comments: http://bufsabres.co/szd4UM

CXL0pMlWAAE_yog.png

1f3a5.png Cody Franson shares pregame thoughts from a defense perspective: http://bufsabres.co/G1zR5Z

#BUFvsBOS
CXL2K-zWAAAvK5W.png

I think this is a pretty good analysis. I would even go as far to say tanking last year was a big draw for many. There was so much anticipation for the future and mceichel that people wanted to go and watch is lose to get 1 game closer to the future. Now that we have eichel that day to day drama is over like the anticipation of getting that awesome Christmas gift is almost better than getting it. Now that we have it Its cool but not the day to day excitement and drama. The team is also still near the bottom in the standings and generally the league isn't very exciting with goal scoring down. I think once the team starts to find their way and continually improved the fans will all hop back aboard and I can hope the excitement reaches 05-06 again. That would be awesome. I kinda feel like next year will be like 05-06 all over again. I hope I'm right.

I think the rule enforcement has to back to that post lockout year.

Something has to be done about the fact that every coach wants to take the air out of the game, and their nightmare is a 6-5 shootout.

The NFL is always changing the rules to up the offense. The NHL needs to.

So, what are they doing? If they own the tickets already, why wouldn't they go to the games?

I think the rule enforcement has to back to that post lockout year.

Something has to be done about the fact that every coach wants to take the air out of the game, and their nightmare is a 6-5 shootout.

The NFL is always changing the rules to up the offense. The NHL needs to.

So, what are they doing? If they own the tickets already, why wouldn't they go to the games?

I agree. The nhl actually has to consistently call the rules they already have! I hate the obstruction and grabbing and in general just doing everything possible to take the life out of the game, hide the skill and glorify a third line grinders importance.

Getting Eichel instead of McDavid was a HUGE downer.

The anticipation of getting the theoretical McDavid.....who was going to be the next Gretzky........ WAS FAR GREATER than the day to day reality of having Eichel..........so that has a lot to do with it, IMO.