Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

God, i love nights like tonight in the fall. Smoked wings for dinner,Sabres at 7.00, Football on at 8;30 in a game i actually care about, flip over to watch some of UB...all outside with a nice fire and 60 degree temps!

Go Sabres!!! Lets get the backup!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bylsma back to Pittsburgh

BUFFALO -- It's been more than 16 months since Buffalo Sabres coach Dan Bylsma was fired by the Pittsburgh Penguins. He's set to make his return to Pittsburgh on Thursday when the Penguins host the Sabres at Consol Energy Center (7 p.m. ET; MSG-B, BELL TV, ROOT).

Bylsma established himself as a winning coach during his 5 ½ seasons in Pittsburgh. He led the Penguins to the Stanley Cup four months after he was hired in 2009. But despite six consecutive trips to the playoffs, he was fired on June 6, 2014.

Returning to Pittsburgh has been on Bylsma's mind since the Sabres hired him on May 28.

Pens downplay visit

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Penguins admit it will be strange to face former coach Dan Bylsma for the first time when they host the Buffalo Sabres on Thursday (7 p.m. ET; MSG-B, BELL TV, ROOT). But for the most part it will be business as usual.

"I think the first time is always a little bit different," Penguins captain Sidney Crosby said. "But I think at this point we've all kind of dealt with those kind of things before. And once you get in the game, really get into it, everything kind of becomes normal. But I think the initial start is always kind of [strange]."

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

CSfC6CAXIAQ3lZs.jpg

SABRES (3-6-0) at PENGUINS (5-4-0)

THU OCT 29, 2015 @ 7:00 PM ET

NHL.com Game Preview: Sabres Coach Bylsma Set to Face Penguins

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

Here are the projected lineups:

SABRES

Nicolas Deslauriers - Ryan O'Reilly - Tyler Ennis

Johan Larsson - Jack Eichel - Sam Reinhart

Matt Moulson - Zemgus Girgensons - Brian Gionta

Marcus Foligno - David Legwand - Jamie McGinn

Josh Gorges - Rasmus Ristolainen

Jake McCabe - Cody Franson

Mike Weber - Mark Pysyk

Chad Johnson

Linus Ullmark

Injured: Evander Kane (knee), Zach Bogosian (lower body), Cody McCormick (blood clot), Robin Lehner (high ankle sprain)

Scratched: Carlo Colaiacovo, Tim Schaller

PENGUINS

Pascal Dupuis - Sidney Crosby - Patric Hornqvist

David Perron - Evgeni Malkin - Phil Kessel

Chris Kunitz - Nick Bonino - Beau Bennett

Kevin Porter - Matt Cullen - Daniel Sprong

Ian Cole - Kris Letang

Olli Maatta - Rob Scuderi

Ben Lovejoy - Brian Dumoulin

Jeff Zatkoff

Marc-Andre Fleury

Injured: Eric Fehr (elbow), Bryan Rust (undisclosed)

Scratched: Adam Clendening, Sergei Plotnikov

Status report: Zatkoff most likely will start for Pittsburgh for the first time this season. His last NHL game was Dec. 23, 2014, when he played 36 minutes in relief of Fleury against the Tampa Bay Lightning. His most recent NHL start was April 13, 2014, against the Ottawa Senators. … Weber will return to Buffalo's lineup after missing the past two games, Bylsma said. Colaiacovo will be a healthy scratch. … Bogosian, who has not played this season, skated before practice but is not ready to return to the lineup.

Who’s hot: Kessel has scored the game-winning goal in the Penguins' last two games. He leads the Penguins with four goals, one more than Malkin … Girgensons' first goal of the season was an impactful one. The Buffalo center scored 2:29 into overtime to secure a 4-3 win against the Philadelphia Flyers on Tuesday.

Hamilton tweeted Weber taking ice first before Carlo....urghhh.

Weber looks like a perfect mentor in Rochester

My reaction as well. Weber made a perfect Tank Commander but he is a liability on the ice.

I was reminded over at Sabrespace that Pittsburgh is his hometown, so it is a correct and classy move to put him in the lineup tonight.

But only tonight.

GO SABRES!!!

@BuffaloSabres

Eichel ready for Pens. "They're not easy to play against, but I look forward to the task." http://bufsabres.co/FZtOdG

CSg6C-GUcAAF-AX.png

Pittsburgh native Mike Weber returns to the #Sabres lineup tonight. His pregame comments >> http://bufsabres.co/EnNePE

CSg7DN7VAAAf6iv.png

Many of you have asked how @BogosianZach is doing. Let's hear from him directly: http://bufsabres.co/nWbPy3

CSg8a3MUEAAnS3A.png

Look at this jackass from last night's game vs. the Pens

@myregularface

Bylsma throws a puck to a young fan; old man grabs it and laughs in kids face.

TepidHeavenlyCowrie.gif

But the Pens stepped and made things right.

@myregularface

the kid was brought a puck, and then, a jersey! well done, @penguins

MildWiltedEider.gif

@MarkJWestpfahl

@CndnSheepdog @myregularface @penguins give kid a puck after a fan snatched one from him earlier in the game.

CShz9EFWsAAnUH7.jpg

Huh, great on the Pens getting that kid hooked up. What an ass that guy is.

How in the world does that puck not go over the line?

Weird game last nights, long stretches of one team just dominating the other. And it switched a few times.

Puck luck has just been awful for the Sabres, I totally believe it will turn around. I still think this team will be playing meaningful games in March.

And E, I am torn on the goalie. Give Linus another start tonight, let's see what he has after getting the first game nerves out of the way.