Week 2: Patriots' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been giving this some thought, and I'm really starting to feel that how Buffalo chooses to defend Scott Chandler is going to be a key factor (note, not the key factor) in this matchup.

I'm figuring that Darby will cover Edelman, which will be interesting. I'm also assuming that Gilmore plays the boundary against whoever lines up there (Amendola or Dobson if LaFell can't go). Then we have Lawson plus a safety (either Rambo or Graham--if he's out there) on Gronk.

When NE**** goes to '11' personnel, Robey takes the slot WR, just as we'd assume. It's the 2-TE look that has me thinking.

You don't want Robey lined up over Chandler (or any of the other TEs), because then you're begging to get run over on that side; I like Robey, but 5'7" and 170 lbs against any TE is a mis-match. I'm also wary of giving Brady**** the matchup of Chandler singled up with either Bradham or Brown; I think he'll spot that and exploit it. However, the only other option (as far as man coverage goes) is to walk the Cover-1 safety (Aaron Williams) down into the box, and give up any type of deep help. I think the best bet may be to align Bradham over Chandler's outside shoulder and try to play outside leverage to keep him funneled inside to Brown and A. Williams.

Of course the best remedy for this is to play physical against the WRs and TEs to take away the super-quick throws, and get pressure with the front-4 so that they have to keep extra TEs/backs in to pass protect.

I've been giving this some thought, and I'm really starting to feel that how Buffalo chooses to defend Scott Chandler is going to be a key factor (note, not the key factor) in this matchup.

I'm figuring that Darby will cover Edelman, which will be interesting. I'm also assuming that Gilmore plays the boundary against whoever lines up there (Amendola or Dobson if LaFell can't go). Then we have Lawson plus a safety (either Rambo or Graham--if he's out there) on Gronk.

When NE**** goes to '11' personnel, Robey takes the slot WR, just as we'd assume. It's the 2-TE look that has me thinking.

You don't want Robey lined up over Chandler (or any of the other TEs), because then you're begging to get run over on that side; I like Robey, but 5'7" and 170 lbs against any TE is a mis-match. I'm also wary of giving Brady**** the matchup of Chandler singled up with either Bradham or Brown; I think he'll spot that and exploit it. However, the only other option (as far as man coverage goes) is to walk the Cover-1 safety (Aaron Williams) down into the box, and give up any type of deep help. I think the best bet may be to align Bradham over Chandler's outside shoulder and try to play outside leverage to keep him funneled inside to Brown and A. Williams.

Of course the best remedy for this is to play physical against the WRs and TEs to take away the super-quick throws, and get pressure with the front-4 so that they have to keep extra TEs/backs in to pass protect.

I had the same thought this morning - Chandler is one chess piece that I'm not sure how we'll account for. That said, when he catches the ball - go for the strip!

Brother, I'm flying up with my 3 kids for that chant! Cheata! as Denzel Washington said so well in "Remember the Titans"

I cannot wait for this game. I've been coming up for years, but this year is special. I pledge to all of you I and my boys will not have a voice by the time that game is over.

As good as he is, I predict four sacks for Marsha, Marsha, Marsha this week. He's walking into a buzz saw!

Please please please keep the Cheater chant going long and often - I want to hear it on my TV so loud the announcers will be visibly uncomfortable trying to ignore it

Hilariously, Robey was covering Fleener on one play, surprised Luck didn't spot it.

@buffalobills

"Last week taught me a lot. I'm happy I've turned my life around and put my best foot forward."

CO9Eq1wUkAAnyGI.jpg

@ChrisBrownBills

Marcell: Happy to know I'm making the right decisions. Happy we got to complete what both sides set out to do (extension). #Bills

Dareus: I'm really excited for this week. I love playing against Tom Brady and the Pats. #Bills

Dareus: Nobody likes the Patriots. Let's just put that out there right now. #Bills

Dareus on his teammates performance in Week 1: They played so well. They controlled the game. They did really well. #Bills

Dareus: I love the fans here. I'm a Buffalonian now. I've got thick blood. I don't get cold anymore. #Bills

@SalSports

Bills DT Marcell Dareus: "Happy to be back....it always feels good to be wanted."

Dareus said he likes playing against Brady and said "he's a good guy." #Bills

@TyDunne

Sammy Watkins: "I had zero catches. And that's the great thing about it, I didn't contribute to the game and we still won."

More Watkins: "If you double me all game, we're going to win the game most definitely."

@MatthewFairburn

Watkins: "We're not lucky. We're not proud of winning. That's what we're supposed to do because we have the best team and we were prepared."

Aaron: When it’s New England it’s personal
It’s New England week for the Bills and while the opponent alone is enough to put Bills fans in a froth leading up to Sunday, there are players in the locker room who harbor just as many personal feelings as those who root for the team.

I need to find a brick wall to run through.

Tell me about it.

@ChrisBrownBills

Aaron Williams said he thinks Corey Graham will be back in the lineup this week. Graham still going they concussion protocol. #Bills

@SalSports

Aaron Williams: "I hate New England.... It's definitely personal for me." #Bills

This is the greatest quote of all time.