Not Impressed With Roman Today

K-9

Regarding Brady: it's a point repeated so often that it's become a truism that the way to affect Brady is to hit him hard and often. IMO it's not really true. Brady could care less if he gets pressure providing he successfully dumps off to Gronk or Edelman and gets 5-7 yds out of a down. He'll nibble opponents to death all day like that, waiting for his receivers to break some long YAC. (Look it up - Brady gets something like half his credited passing yards as YAC, near the top of the league at that.) He's the classic "live by the Blitz, die by the Blitz" QB. The way to beat Brady is to cover the middle like a blanket, take away his outlets and keep him contained, and then pressure. He gets rattled when he can't execute his plans and is forced into coverage sacks by pressure. The textbook Brady defense was the NYJ playoff game in 2010. The reason more teams don't repeat it is, it's hard to execute. Again, JMO.

This, so much this!

Would you have preferred the Bills to take some chances in the 4th qtr, which could have possibly led to some turnovers? I'm amazed at some of the the criticisms directed at this team after crushing an alleged SB contender.

!5 years of teams collapsing, a team with a reputation of being a great 4th quarter team closing in to 2 TDS with 2 FC, we're going to loose it if Roman doesn't get his act together and put more points on the board is what people were thinking.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This, so much this!

!5 years of teams collapsing, a team with a reputation of being a great 4th quarter team closing in to 2 TDS with 2 FC, we're going to loose it if Roman doesn't get his act together and put more points on the board is what people were thinking.

But we didn't lose it not even close to losing it , so maybe he did the right thing despite what all the experts here think. If we lost or almost blew it at the end because we sat on the lead, that would be one thing, but we didn't.

Edited by klos63

Would you have preferred the Bills to take some chances in the 4th qtr, which could have possibly led to some turnovers? I'm amazed at some of the the criticisms directed at this team after crushing an alleged SB contender.

I know. Bills fans are going full derp. How can you not be impressed with how this game transpired? They blew out Colts, shut down a top 5 QB, scored 27 points in the process with the context of not having Dareus, and our center pieces for our offense had 0 catches (Watkins) and McCoy was pretty much non-existent in the run game.

Go Bills!

But we didn't lose it not even close to losing it , so maybe he did the right thing despite what all the experts here think. If we lost or almost blew it at the end because we sat on the lead, that would be one thing, but we didn't.

I know but I think it's an understandable sentiment coming from being fans of a loosing franchise for so long.

I know. Bills fans are going full derp. How can you not be impressed with how this game transpired? They blew out Colts, shut down a top 5 QB, scored 27 points in the process with the context of not having Dareus, and our center pieces for our offense had 0 catches (Watkins) and McCoy was pretty much non-existent in the run game.

Go Bills!

I'd venture ignoring Marcells absence in a thread about offensive play calling and strategy and focusing on what was going on that shut out our two best players on the offensive side of the ball is a good start for discussion here. Youre calling it a pro, some think it's a con. Seems reasonable to discuss without insult.

I know but I think it's an understandable sentiment coming from being fans of a loosing franchise for so long.

just the negative fans. I know a lot of fans like me since 1970 and before, we are pretty positive most of the time, especially after a great win.

just the negative fans. I know a lot of fans like me since 1970 and before, we are pretty positive most of the time, especially after a great win.

I am realist which probably comes across on the internet in typed word as a "negative fan" and I am super impressed with how they played.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I am realist which probably comes across on the internet in typed word as a "negative fan" and I am super impressed with how they played.

I too think they played a great game and Roman's offense did very well. This board amazes me at times!

This, so much this!

Lose not loose and we weren't even close to losing. Come on...27 points

The OP isn't impressed... Good b.c I would be scared if he was.

Glad we won and all, but Roman neutered our offense most of the afternoon. Got the impression he didn't have confidence in Taylor nor was I impressed with his schematic designs. Got way too conservative way too early. No excuse for not targeting Sammy more than one or two times as well. Glad our defense rose to the occasion because, based on one game, I'm not sure Roman can go out and win a game with the mentality he showed today.

GO BILLS!!!

Glad you aren't OC.