Refreshing Article from Yahoo

Realist

It's not that crazy. We know the D is great. If we get the same level of play from TT and the run game we did in preseason the Bills could be a serious contender. Was it the Panthers game we rushed for over 200 yards?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

A nice read from Yahoo, don't quite believe it, but it was nice to read something positive.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/super-bowl-sleeper-pick-bills-043559686.html

I feel all warm and gooey on the inside after reading that. After lastnight's patriots game, I don't think they are quite ready to lay down and give us the division just yet.

A nice read from Yahoo, don't quite believe it, but it was nice to read something positive.

its not super outlandish but it is unlikely at this point only because we don't know what we will get from the QB position. However, I think a reasonable expectation is to achieve what the Seahawks did in Russell Wilson's rookie year.

I love it. Hope springs eternal Week 1. Man what a steal it would be if TT turns out to be a winning QB for us. Personnel moves like that are what turn franchises around.

Would you like red or green Kool-Aid?

The one area the article didn't mention is the O line. I am happy with the starters but the Bills have almost no depth. If we lose two guards to injuries we're back to last year's situation, except the QB doesn't have Orton's experience.

Well like everyone else I'm hoping for the best. There isn't anything in the article I can disagree with, but I think cornerback could be our Achilles heel at least until McKelvin returns. I'm very concerned that after facing Luck and Brady, Darby's confidence will be destroyed. Let's hope Rex and Thurman have something up their sleeves.

If we stay healthy, if the OL is truly improved, if Darby plays better than he has, and if TT plays in the regular season like he did in the preseason, then the Bills are certainly going to the playoffs.

Yikes, there are more ifs than I like. But none are outrageously unrealistic. This could be a very good team.

The one area the article didn't mention is the O line. I am happy with the starters but the Bills have almost no depth. If we lose two guards to injuries we're back to last year's situation, except the QB doesn't have Orton's experience.

Well like everyone else I'm hoping for the best. There isn't anything in the article I can disagree with, but I think cornerback could be our Achilles heel at least until McKelvin returns. I'm very concerned that after facing Luck and Brady, Darby's confidence will be destroyed. Let's hope Rex and Thurman have something up their sleeves.

No we are not back to last year's situation because we no longer have terrible coaches who have no idea what they're doing.

though what you say about the OL is true, it is also true of every other NFL team. OL is the area of thinnest depth across the league with CB not far behind. If you actually have solid starters at these positions you are ahead of the curve. Edited by YoloinOhio

The only 2 teams I think are clearly ahead of the Bills when it comes to playoff odds are the Colts & Pats. As long as Luck stays healthy, the Colts should win their division comfortably and until I see them beat I have to believe in the Pats AFC East mystique. Otherwise I think the Bills playoff odds are just as good as the Steelers / Baltimore / Cincy / Texans / Broncos / Chiefs / Chargers / Dolphins, that's essentially 9 teams for 4 spots. All of those teams have their respective Achilles heels and the Bengals have shown the ability to make the playoffs with average-ish QB play the last few years.

I have a hard time seeing the Jets / Browns /Titans / Jags / Oakland breaking through enough to claim a spot this year, the Jets have a lot of new pieces plus the Geno & Sheldon Richardson dramas, the Browns are trying to do what we are trying to do only with a worse defense and no offensive playmakers and the Titans / Jags / Raiders are all very young rosters still in the build process.

though what you say about the OL is true, it is also true of every other NFL team. OL is the area of thinnest depth across the league with CB not far behind. If you actually have solid starters at these positions you are ahead of the curve.

This is a good point. First it speaks volumes about our roster that we are worried about backups and second it's not like other teams have potential Pro Bowlers as their 6th linemen. The Pats started a rookie undrafted center last night and he was able to look competent because they could account for one weak link. I think part of the concern is seeing our backups not playing next to a guy like Cordy Glenn thus making the whole unit look much worse in preseason. It's one thing when you are plugging one guy into a starting unit, it's quite another when he's next to 2 guys who'll be selling insurance in a month.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

The only 2 teams I think are clearly ahead of the Bills when it comes to playoff odds are the Colts & Pats. As long as Luck stays healthy, the Colts should win their division comfortably and until I see them beat I have to believe in the Pats AFC East mystique. Otherwise I think the Bills playoff odds are just as good as the Steelers / Baltimore / Cincy / Texans / Broncos / Chiefs / Chargers / Dolphins, that's essentially 9 teams for 4 spots. All of those teams have their respective Achilles heels and the Bengals have shown the ability to make the playoffs with average-ish QB play the last few years.

I have a hard time seeing the Jets / Browns /Titans / Jags / Oakland breaking through enough to claim a spot this year, the Jets have a lot of new pieces plus the Geno & Sheldon Richardson dramas, the Browns are trying to do what we are trying to do only with a worse defense and no offensive playmakers and the Titans / Jags / Raiders are all very young rosters still in the build process.

This is a good point. First it speaks volumes about our roster that we are worried about backups and second it's not like other teams have potential Pro Bowlers as their 6th linemen. The Pats started a rookie undrafted center last night and he was able to look competent because they could account for one weak link. I think part of the concern is seeing our backups not playing next to a guy like Cordy Glenn thus making the whole unit look much worse in preseason. It's one thing when you are plugging one guy into a starting unit, it's quite another when he's next to 2 guys who'll be selling insurance in a month.

that is a good point. Though I don't think our backup OL is good, it won't (hopefully) be a situation where all 5 backups are out there at once.