Roadhouse to be remade:

Deranged Rhino

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw your thread title and hated the idea.

I open the thread and see she's gonna star in it...sign me up. :wub:

This is how I felt when I heard the news too. I went from angry to, "that's kinda fun".

Why? Can't they come up with something new with her staring? Hollywood sucks balls. Sorry Greggo. :D

I agree with you -- especially when I'm between gigs ;)

But yes, not having original content is depressing.

Why? Can't they come up with something new with her staring? Hollywood sucks balls. Sorry Greggo. :D

I'm pretty convinced at this point most Hollywood movies are green-lighted as a result of a Duke Brothers type bet between studio heads to see who can make money off the absolute stupidest idea. This one looks like a strong contender.

I'm pretty convinced at this point most Hollywood movies are green-lighted as a result of a Duke Brothers type bet between studio heads to see who can make money off the absolute stupidest idea. This one looks like a strong contender.

:lol: One day when I no longer need a job I'll share some of the funnier pitch meetings I've had with network and studio heads in town. Some of the stuff I've heard is priceless. A lot of otherwise really bright people saying some really crazy things like, "We love everything about this idea, the setting, the characters, the title. (cut to five minutes later in the same meeting) ...Now all we need to do is change the setting, the characters and the title and we'll really have something."

whoa whoa whoa, stop the clock, not the biggest swayze fan, but that movie absolutely oozed masculinity...that was a bad ass movie, and then Sam Elliot took into the stratosphere of masculinity

I am guessing she will try to play the role a little more masculine.

Sam Elliot will be her father or the old man with the barn.

Don't call me Sir

Calling me sir is like putting an elevator in an outhouse.

Roadhouse!

edit: i'd totally make her tap out.

Edited by Boyst62

:lol: One day when I no longer need a job I'll share some of the funnier pitch meetings I've had with network and studio heads in town. Some of the stuff I've heard is priceless. A lot of otherwise really bright people saying some really crazy things like, "We love everything about this idea, the setting, the characters, the title. (cut to five minutes later in the same meeting) ...Now all we need to do is change the setting, the characters and the title and we'll really have something."

Id love to be a fly on the wall Gregg......lol

Sam Elliot will be her father or the old man with the barn.

Don't call me Sir

Calling me sir is like putting an elevator in an outhouse.

Roadhouse!

edit: i'd totally make her tap out.

I was driving to work the other day and was listening to a story where some Marine just decided to say F it and invited her to the Marine's ball......never thinking she would even respond he was a huge Rousey fan

Rousey responded back that she would go as long he got her crew (a bunch of females) dates as well

I thought that was actually kind of cool......and I kind of hated it because it game my son hope

This is so !@#$ing ridiculous. Ruining the memory of good movies like this and Ghostbusters with SJW dribble.

On the plus side, Jimmy can still say, "I used to !@#$ guys like you in prison."

rouseyronda.jpg?w=620&h=349

I'm sure it's been done before, but it sounds like an idea for a comedy.

This is how I felt when I heard the news too. I went from angry to, "that's kinda fun".

I agree with you -- especially when I'm between gigs ;)

But yes, not having original content is depressing.

Here's the thing. Everyone says that Hollywood has run out of ideas is a recent thing. It's pretty much always been that way. Here are some examples.

Gone with the Wind - Margaret Mitchell book of the same title

Wizard of Oz - Frank Baum Book of the same title

Dracula - Bram Stoker book but more directly the stage play by Hamilton Dean

Frankenstein - Marry Shelley

Casablanca - Stage play Everyone Comes to Rick's

I could go on and on. Hollywood spends most of it's time doped up, boozed up, and shacked up and has not enough time to come up (hey maybe I could write for Hollywood) with original ideas.