OTA Reception at the Ralph

plenzmd1

Hi All,

Does anybody use an antenna at the stadium? Thinking of buying a TV strictly for the stadium, mostly to watch the 4 o'clock game while tailgating after game

.Anybody have any luck/ no go with reception?

I still have my silver streak( i think that was the name) antenna from 12 years ago when i first starting getting HD...worked great here in Richmond.

I have attached a radar plot of what you would expect to receive at the intersection of community college dr and Abbott. Anything that you see in green will probably come in without issue. As PTR said up thread, you should have no problem getting Ch 4 or 29's signals.

post-16107-0-82871300-1441825820_thumb.png

Thank you all!

with the wifi hookup i am wondering if that's going to make it possible to just use a tablet?

i don't think the wifi be available in the lot, and my data plan would get smoked using it to stream a game.

Also, the stupid NFL blacks out games on Sunday Ticket Max within like a mile of the stadium. Idiotic I know. That's why I am looking at OTA TV.

Thank you all!

i don't think the wifi be available in the lot, and my data plan would get smoked using it to stream a game.

Also, the stupid NFL blacks out games on Sunday Ticket Max within like a mile of the stadium. Idiotic I know. That's why I am looking at OTA TV.

...i love my unlimited data package with Verizon.

I have attached a radar plot of what you would expect to receive at the intersection of community college dr and Abbott. Anything that you see in green will probably come in without issue. As PTR said up thread, you should have no problem getting Ch 4 or 29's signals.

This is why we have the best fans in the world. RADAR plots. Amazing.

GO BILLS!!!

Antenna reception is OK but limited. Channel 29 (Fox) comes in the best and Channel 4 (CBS) is was just OK for me ( little fuzzy ), for what it's worth

I would venture a guess that your TV was in a lot NorthWest of the stadium. Standing (or sitting in a car) w/ and antenna there would put the gigantic stadium between you and the broadcast tower (blocking and reflecting signal paths to your antenna). I would still expect that if you aimed an antenna (or hell a coat hanger) SouthEast you'd pick up the CBS feed without too much problem. To the original OP, if you stay West of the stadium, I would expect that you should get reception of many of the local stations.

This is why we have the best fans in the world. RADAR plots. Amazing.

GO BILLS!!!

I have recently moved away from cable/satellite and have been exclusively OTA. As a result I wanted to make sure that I would get as many OTA stations as I could (hence radar plots). Oh and I'm a gigantic nerd :oops: .

Hi All,

Does anybody use an antenna at the stadium? Thinking of buying a TV strictly for the stadium, mostly to watch the 4 o'clock game while tailgating after game

.Anybody have any luck/ no go with reception?

I still have my silver streak( i think that was the name) antenna from 12 years ago when i first starting getting HD...worked great here in Richmond.

Why don't you just buy a 32 inch flat screen for a couple hundred dollars & get a digital converter. Then you wouldn't have to worry about picking up a signal with an antenna. We bring it once in awhile to the tailgate & it works great. Seems like it would be a decent investment for you.

Why don't you just buy a 32 inch flat screen for a couple hundred dollars & get a digital converter. Then you wouldn't have to worry about picking up a signal with an antenna. We bring it once in awhile to the tailgate & it works great. Seems like it would be a decent investment for you.

All new TVs have the digital tuners built in.

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I would update as saw the thread about radio getting the early game. The reception was great on both CBS AND Fox in Hammers lot. That game was the Cowboys/ Eagles game. Best $200 I have spent in a while.

Having said that , we rarely leave the lot before 7 PM so we get our use out of the thing!

I would venture a guess that your TV was in a lot NorthWest of the stadium. Standing (or sitting in a car) w/ and antenna there would put the gigantic stadium between you and the broadcast tower (blocking and reflecting signal paths to your antenna). I would still expect that if you aimed an antenna (or hell a coat hanger) SouthEast you'd pick up the CBS feed without too much problem. To the original OP, if you stay West of the stadium, I would expect that you should get reception of many of the local stations.

I have recently moved away from cable/satellite and have been exclusively OTA. As a result I wanted to make sure that I would get as many OTA stations as I could (hence radar plots). Oh and I'm a gigantic nerd :oops: .

And family!

Very useful family too

:worthy:

just awesome work nkreed. indeed