Will the Bills dress 3 QBs against the Colts?

Will the Bills dress 3 QBs against the Colts?

Geez, that's a great question! What if the Bills are down three TDs at halftime and Taylor's out of the game with an injury at the end of the first half? I don't think there's anyone here (EJ haters included) who'd want Rex to send in Cassel over Manuel in that scenario. You have to have a QB that can throw the ball deep to even have a shot at pulling off the win in the second half.

Whose the odd man out if they only dress two?

According to everything I have read today, TT starts and Cassel is #2. Makes a bit of sense to me.

The real tough question (which I doubt Rex would answer) is, if TT is unavailable for a period of time, who would get the starting nod. My believe, and my hope, is it would be EJ.

IMO, Cassel simply makes a safer, and more practical, gameday #2.

If I recall the rules correctly, your #3 QB dresses but doesn't count toward the active roster. He can play only if #1 and #2 are injured.

That used to be the rule. They stopped that in 2012 (I think), but expanded the game day roster to 46. If there was another change this offseason, I am unaware.

Edited by The Dean

Not meaning to be cute, but - ASIDE from the lucky shot - does Indy really have anyone that is going to overpower the O-Line enough that this is going to be a real problem? We're not talking J.J. Watt, or, you know, the Bills. The odds of Taylor making it through the game in one piece are actually pretty good here.

Going up against Luck, I'd just as soon make sure the Bills have an extra LB, safety or CB.

Geez, that's a great question! What if the Bills are down three TDs at halftime and Taylor's out of the game with an injury at the end of the first half? I don't think there's anyone here (EJ haters included) who'd want Rex to send in Cassel over Manuel in that scenario. You have to have a QB that can throw the ball deep to even have a shot at pulling off the win in the second half.

Good thing we won't be in that situation.