Week 1 "lock" to win - Now on to Week 2.

bobobonators

If you were going to drop some serious cash on one game in Week 1, which would it be?

I'm looking at the Dolphins over the Redskins or the Packers over the Bears.

I hate having to go with road teams but the Dolphins' D-line should destroy the Redskins pathetic O-line and Cousins is a turnover machine. Dolphins have the better D and the better QB. Should be a relatively easy win, despite being a home opener for the Redskins - especially due to the lack of excitement in DC for that team.

The Packers are simply head and shoulders above the Bears, who are an absolute mess. The Bears switched to a 3-4 and I don't even think they have the players for that scheme yet. Their Defense sucked last year and it should be even worse this year. Packers own the Bears.

Who else do you like?

Edited by bobobonators

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would go Vikings over 49ers

CBF

I liked that one too, but I'm still uncertain about Bridgewater and I'd like to see AP run behind that average O-line for a couple of weeks before I start picking the Vikings. Also, I think the 49ers still have the best QB in that matchup. But yeh, they were up there too just b/c the 49ers should be putrid.

Carolina over Jacksonville

Seattle over St Louis

Miami over Washington

I would not touch Carolina over Jacksonville at all. I'm down on the Panthers, as bad as the Jaguars have been.

Seattle should obviously beat the Rams but Seattle away from home is not the same dominant team and the Rams have a pretty dominant D-line.

Pats over Pittsburgh. Pats are a virtual lock to win an opener as defending SB champs and Pitt's D is AWFUL.

You can NEVER trust the Pack in Chicago....they should kill them, but it's a rivalry.

If you didn't want to take the Pats, because money might not be a good enough reason to ever cheer for them, I'd go with Fins over Skins cause the Fins are just an awful matchup for the Skins for all the reasons you outlined.

What about cincy over Oakland? I feel every time I pick cincy they lose. Anyone here big on Oakland?

Pats over Pittsburgh. Pats are a virtual lock to win an opener as defending SB champs and Pitt's D is AWFUL.

You can NEVER trust the Pack in Chicago....they should kill them, but it's a rivalry.

If you didn't want to take the Pats, because money might not be a good enough reason to ever cheer for them, I'd go with Fins over Skins cause the Fins are just an awful matchup for the Skins for all the reasons you outlined.

I struggled with the Pats as well. And I think I'm pretty objective when it comes to putting money on games but as bad as Pitt's D may be, the Pat's D may be even worse. I would expect the Pats to win this game, but I don't think it's going to be easy at all. I could see a 31-35 game

I would not touch Carolina over Jacksonville at all. I'm down on the Panthers, as bad as the Jaguars have been.

Seattle should obviously beat the Rams but Seattle away from home is not the same dominant team and the Rams have a pretty dominant D-line.

I almost exclusively play dogs on the moneyline.

I am playing both of these teams this week. I am more confident in the Rams. Both about +180.

Edited by plenzmd1

Miami over Skins. I like GB alot as well , but Fangio may just have enough tricks up his sleeve to solve their defensive shortcomings and Fox can definitely work with their offence. I'm not convinced that doesn't have a better chance of being an upset.

Edited by VanCity

I avoid division matchups like the plague in survivor pools.

So I'm taking MIA over WAS.

Normally a very good decision and I agree 100%. But can you honestly see Rodgers losing to this Bears team...lol.

I think for numerous reasons Mia over Was is my most comfortable choice.