Cassel released

FluffHead

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, in the privacy of your own home you can do whatever sexual activity you want....but it's not really any of our business.

Man, did we have to go the sexual route with this?

Edited by VanCity

This post can only go in the stickied "positive" thread. This thread is for QB bashing and the bashing of fellow posters. That's more fun and aggravating than actually just being a fan that supports the team through thick and thin. Maybe it's the amount of thin we've endured, but this board gets testier and testier by the year.....

I get you FireChan. EJ is an unproven commodity. Yes, he has played 14 games, but that really got us nowhere. Cassel was a proven commodity, just without the upside. Let's hope we don't have to find out what we lost in not keeping Cassel, but up until his release I really loved the idea of being on this high wire with a safety net.

Van, i would be quite pleased if i could post that in the "positive " thread ", but honestly I am not sure this is going to work.

Whaley is getting a little wild. I agree about the high wire act. Whaley has balls that for sure and its not just the QB situation.

Man, in the privacy of your own home you can do whatever sexual activity you want....but it's not really any of our business.

you did not have to go there.

Did You ? :flirt:

Yes, TT won the starting job on the field. What I'm talking about is winning the starting job for the next 10 years by consistently winning regular season and playoff games. Taylor hasn't won that job yet and if he falters or gets injured then Manuel will get his opportunity. My hope is that Taylor is the guy (because he's first man up) and if not, then I hope Manuel is the guy. IMO the Bills are in a great position with these two young QBs who are solid guys and ready to make a mark on the league.

I don't hate on Taylor. I'm not sure why fans like you continue to hate on Manuel. Given the rocket-like rise in his play under Roman one would think you could stop and simply admit you were possibly very wrong about his prospects.

TT needs 2-3 years as the unquestioned, uninterrupted starter before we'll have even a vague idea of what he can do.

This post can only go in the stickied "positive" thread. This thread is for QB bashing and the bashing of fellow posters. That's more fun and aggravating than actually just being a fan that supports the team through thick and thin. Maybe it's the amount of thin we've endured, but this board gets testier and testier by the year.....

I get you FireChan. EJ is an unproven commodity. Yes, he has played 14 games, but that really got us nowhere. Cassel was a proven commodity, just without the upside. Let's hope we don't have to find out what we lost in not keeping Cassel, but up until his release I really loved the idea of being on this high wire with a safety net.

He's proven to be a very average QB on the decline. In the last four years his tds/ints: 10/9, 6/12, 11/9, 3/4. He is no safety net and would only give you a false sense of security.

I'm just saying he wasn't "GOD AWFUL."

Sometimes I just shake my head at these posts.

Maybe GOD AWFUL was a bit harsh, but in preseason games(which is all I can go by) he looked a lot like Trent. Been there done that. No thank you. The two QBs the Bills kept were the two who showed the ability to move the ball well in game situations.

TT needs 2-3 years as the unquestioned, uninterrupted starter before we'll have even a vague idea of what he can do.

2-3 years? This isnt 1980, its 2015, the age of instant gratification. He gets 2-3 quarters as far as im concerned.

He's proven to be a very average QB on the decline. In the last four years his tds/ints: 10/9, 6/12, 11/9, 3/4. He is no safety net and would only give you a false sense of security.

Maybe GOD AWFUL was a bit harsh, but in preseason games(which is all I can go by) he looked a lot like Trent. Been there done that. No thank you. The two QBs the Bills kept were the two who showed the ability to move the ball well in game situations.

Oh, I didn't say that he was a quality commodity, just one that you knew what he was going to give you. I don't know if Trent was the right analogy based on what we saw with Meh in the preseason, but mid-grade (below the Alex Smith's and Ryan Tannehill category) game-manager would be a fitting description. He wasn't going to win a Super Bowl and Tyrod and EJ deliver an immense degree of hope whereas Meh gave you a sense of mediocrity.

That's all I was arguing. You made it into Cassel vs the world.

2-3 years? This isnt 1980, its 2015, the age of instant gratification. He gets 2-3 quarters as far as im concerned.

He needs at least 14 games.

What he is saying, and there is a lot of truth to it, is referencing guys like RG3 who are running QBs and looked great as a rookie for almost an entire season but he was reckless running and he got hurt and when you took away his running he turned into a scared and absolutely abysmal QB. Kaep, when forced to be a pocket passer, looked very average although the book is still out on him. Tannehill looked like EJ earlier but has steadily grown. You very often don't know what you have at QB for two full seasons.

He had one good preseason game. Sheesh.

I think we all know there's going to be a certain group of posters pushing for a QB switch the second Taylor throws an incomplete pass.

The same would be said of it were EJ as the starter, or if Cassel was for that matter.

The #2 qb is the guy everyone wants to play at some point. At least for the bills it is.

Edited by The Wiz

Oh, I didn't say that he was a quality commodity, just one that you knew what he was going to give you. I don't know if Trent was the right analogy based on what we saw with Meh in the preseason, but mid-grade (below the Alex Smith's and Ryan Tannehill category) game-manager would be a fitting description. He wasn't going to win a Super Bowl and Tyrod and EJ deliver an immense degree of hope whereas Meh gave you a sense of mediocrity.

Agreed.

What he is saying, and there is a lot of truth to it, is referencing guys like RG3 who are running QBs and looked great as a rookie for almost an entire season but he was reckless running and he got hurt and when you took away his running he turned into a scared and absolutely abysmal QB. Kaep, when forced to be a pocket passer, looked very average although the book is still out on him. Tannehill looked like EJ earlier but has steadily grown. You very often don't know what you have at QB for two full seasons.

I know, im just being a wiseguy... Not so much to talk about today

14 games? To evaluate a QB? That's like trying to get an absolute workout in 6 minutes.

And there it is folks, the crux of the arguement for or against EJ Manuel has reared its ugly head

But sure, lets bring in a brand new guy and start ALL OVER AGAIN!

Edited by mastershake