Tebow or Cassel?

I don't think there is much Meh Love out here. There seem to be those who want an experienced QB, who might steady the offense. if it all goes off the rails, by being a game-manager who can complete a decent % of his (mostly shorter) passes. And be counted on to not totally screw the pooch.

Tebow is the exact opposite of what you are looking for if that's what you covet in a backup QB.

I admit I thought they had to keep Cassel, as the past two years we have seen what it's like not to have some experience at the QB position. Last year, the Bills had to (or decided to) go get Orton after the season started. I figured it was probably a good idea to have a gameday #2 like Cassel, as he is a guy who probably can get by with fewer reps during the week, and still be OK should TT go down. In the event TT was to miss games, I think EJ is the starter (in my mind) with Cassel still playing that #2 QB role. I still think that is the best option. But if they decide to cut Cassel for the $$---and then get one of the priorities signed--I'm fine with that. But Tebow? Really. There is no place for him, at any price, on the roster.

I am not high on Tebow.

But I have become increasingly lower on Meh, to the point that I wouldn't have him on the roster regardless of salary. I think the idea of a game manager of his kind is overrated. Meh is the kind of QB that teams go against and his mere presence inspires confidence (I know I was pretty confident when I knew he was on the other side). If he were to ever play, teams would stack the box, our offense would generate very little on the ground, he probably wouldn't turn it over, and we would score 9 points and pray our defense won us the game.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not high on Tebow.

But I have become increasingly lower on Meh, to the point that I wouldn't have him on the roster regardless of salary. I think the idea of a game manager of his kind is overrated. Meh is the kind of QB that teams go against and his mere presence inspires confidence (I know I was pretty confident when I knew he was on the other side). If he were to ever play, teams would stack the box, our offense would generate very little on the ground, he probably wouldn't turn it over, and we would score 9 points and pray our defense won us the game.

You shouldn't be as there are many more preferable mood altering substances.

I got high on Tebow twice.

Once when he ran over Revis and he beat the Jets while Rex just grinned in disbelief on the sidelines.

The Td to beat Pittsburg in the playoffs.

I do have to say that he has a knack for winning.

But I guess Chip Kelly said he wasn't good enough to be their 3rd string QB, so they will probably find some scrub like Simms who is I am sure much better.

IMO every team in the NFL should have AT LEAST one developmental QB on their roster.

I would go Tebow all day every day because of the potential.

What potential? Tebow has barely improved as a passer since 2011. Why is that all of a sudden going to change?

He's not an NFL quality QB. That doesn't make him a bad person.

EJ is the developmental QB. I would rather a guy that stabilizes the position if we ever get to number 3. I'll take Meh over Ut Oh

I do have to say that he has a knack for winning.

Except he wasn't won a roster spot since he was with the Jets

This board has officially sunk to a new low. What in God's name did Matt Cassel ever do to some of you people? We knew what he was when we traded for him. He is who we thought he was. He has not played poorly this preseason. He's Matt freaking Cassel. He's a backup NFL QB. And a good one at that. It is so unbelievably blatantly obvious that the EJ fanatics (who are starting to become eerily similar to the Tebow fanatics of yesteryear) think that by belittling Matt Cassel it will help them feel better about EJ not winning the starting job. Carry on, make fun of Matt Cassel, hahaha, never gets old.

Yeah, no kidding.

When we say ABC, we really mean it.

I don't get the Meh Love out there.

Who "loves" Cassel? ABC means anyone but Cassel for the STARTING JOB. Anyone who doesn't realize that Matt Cassel is a perfectly good backup QB simply doesn't understand what you're supposed to get out of a backup QB. He's a great backup QB. At his salary? Different conversation.

Who "loves" Cassel? ABC means anyone but Cassel for the STARTING JOB. Anyone who doesn't realize that Matt Cassel is a perfectly good backup QB simply doesn't understand what you're supposed to get out of a backup QB. He's a great backup QB. At his salary? Different conversation.

I don't disagree with you. I knew exactly who Meh was (indeed, I coined his nickname).

I have changed my own view of what we ought to have in a backup QB. I would rather have a bit of a riskier guy with higher upside/big play potential, than the retread. Similar to how the Ravens had TT has their back-up to Flacco. If that kind of back-up doesn't pan out, guys like Cassel are out there (e.g., Ponder and Kellen Moore just got cut today).

I don't disagree with you. I knew exactly who Meh was (indeed, I coined his nickname).

I have changed my own view of what we ought to have in a backup QB. I would rather have a bit of a riskier guy with higher upside/big play potential, than the retread. Similar to how the Ravens had TT has their back-up to Flacco. If that kind of back-up doesn't pan out, guys like Cassel are out there (e.g., Ponder and Kellen Moore just got cut today).

You realize the Bills have that guy in EJ, right?

I am curious if Tebow is PS eligibable??? I was suprise to hear EJ was so maybe Tebow is too???

What potential? Tebow has barely improved as a passer since 2011. Why is that all of a sudden going to change?

s

I respectfully disagree. I think he has improved a lot since entering the league. and I think he can be successful in the right offense. I also think with the tools we have on this team and the OC we have Tebow could have that success here.

EJs turn around is evidence of that. Why all of a sudden does EJ look competent??

I'm not saying a starter but third freaking string.

Lets get this straight, I don't want Tebow on the Bills, but there is a guy that lives down the street from me Apparently he LOVES Tebow. He changes his license plate to Tebow (name the location) whenever he lands on a new team. He had FL, Denver, but it has stalled on TebowNY for a while now (and it's rather embarrassing at this point). I'd love to see how he would incorporate Buffalo into the Tebow mix.

Lets get this straight, I don't want Tebow on the Bills, but there is a guy that lives down the street from me Apparently he LOVES Tebow. He changes his license plate to Tebow (name the location) whenever he lands on a new team. He had FL, Denver, but it has stalled on TebowNY for a while now (and it's rather embarrassing at this point). I'd love to see how he would incorporate Buffalo into the Tebow mix.

Tebow sucked then and does now. Some NEVER learn.